Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
BUGS I've noticed...

* Go To Current Song (Command-L) doesn't work. At all. From the menu, command-key, or the popup menus. Kind of a problem.
* When in list mode on a playlist, I cannot turn off the Column Browser. In fact, all menu options for that feature are greyed out.

Not a bug, but my first big frown -- they seem to have killed the artwork view in the statusbar. That was the main way I viewed artwork while listening to music. Now I'd have to what, be in Grid view all the time? No thanks.

Wrong on both counts. Cmd+L works for me in all situations, and I just went to view / column browser / hide to disable the colum browser in list view on playlists.

try again.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Humm, I am getting a few bugs. When searching or using the 'in the store' button I sometimes get a screen like below.

iTunes.jpeg

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I like it so far. DJ and Coverflow are probably gone because relatively few people used them. I wish the Sidebar was a teeny bit smaller or used smaller fonts at least or Apple allowed you to resize it.

Otherwise, it seems fine. Not missing anything i normally used and it seems 'cleaner' in general. Glad they moved the app to 64-bit Cocoa. Now if they'd just do that to the remaining apps.

akf2000

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Bug in TV Shows listview

In the 'TV Shows' settings for my connected iPhone the scroll bar doesn't work, I can't see any shows beneath the initial page load.
Workaround is to select a TV series and use the cursor keys to go down, but it still will not display in the left column.

nemaslov

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco
I like it so far. DJ and Coverflow are probably gone because relatively few people used them. I wish the Sidebar was a teeny bit smaller or used smaller fonts at least or Apple allowed you to resize it.

Otherwise, it seems fine. Not missing anything i normally used and it seems 'cleaner' in general. Glad they moved the app to 64-bit Cocoa. Now if they'd just do that to the remaining apps.

LOTS of people use DJ Everyone one i now uses it and I know a hell of a lot of people :D

Ademordna

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2012
UK
There are no recommendations below albums I'm viewing.

Mine seems to be only half together as yet. When first loaded the store front page went iCrazy on me.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Wrong on both counts. Cmd+L works for me in all situations, and I just went to view / column browser / hide to disable the colum browser in list view on playlists.

try again.

"Wrong"?? Haha, nice attitude buddy. I restarted iTunes. Now Go to Current Song (Command-L) functions, but incorrectly. Instead of showing the song in the playlist, it jumps to Music and shows it there. It has never functioned that way. EDIT: nope, now it's not working again. This feature is seriously bugged.

Column browser on playlists is still greyed out for me.

Another bug I just noticed -- if you click on a playlist and click Play, in previous iTunes versions it would start playing a song from that playlist. Now it just continues playing whatever song was previously playing.

Lazy Farmer

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Yuk!

Very disappointed in the design. They have had months to perfect an iconic Apple UX. Why can it be more fluid, like the attached... Having yet another window open just to get larger art and controls in madness. The store is much better, it seems like the player was an after thought.

Attachments

• iTunes-Reset.jpg
    iTunes-Reset.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 113

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Not a big fan of the icon. Still blue. A deep purple would have been nice to somewhat mirror the iOS iTunes Store app and break up some of the monotony. Plus, mine sits next to the App Store icon on the dock and they are just ever so slightly different in shadowing and tone that it's a bit bothersome. Otherwise, it seems like a pretty good update. On the album view where you click on one and it displays a list and picks colors from the album art to compliment it, sometimes it's great, and sometimes it's way too much and plays with your eyes if it picks the wrong color combos. Also, do not understand why you cannot scroll with two fingers through the featured items at the top of the iTunes store instead of clicking the arrows. Seems a bit archaic.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
"Wrong"?? Haha, nice attitude buddy. I restarted iTunes. Now Go to Current Song (Command-L) functions, but incorrectly. Instead of showing the song in the playlist, it jumps to Music and shows it there. It has never functioned that way.

Column browser on playlists is still greyed out for me.

- i tested with playlists and sorry, but cmd+L works perfectly fine. returned me right to my playlist exactly as i left it. worked in all other tested situations, too. nothing jumped to music.

- greyed out? do you want it on or off? you can only use it on List view, and i can turn it on or off no problem.

RockJohn

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
Bugs...

There are many formatting bugs and other issues in this release - I would hope that they learned from the iMaps debacle that these things need to be thoroughly tested before release. Maybe not...

Spazman

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
iPhoto Syncing

Hello all,

I have been having recent issues with syncing iPhoto albums to my iPhones. Tried several work arounds but gave up and decided to wait for some updates to see if things just clear up.

Does anybody know if the updates clears out these issues?

Thanks!

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Urgh. They need to fix the store.

When I'd click things, I'd notice that sometimes I randomly went back to the previous page. It took me ages to realise that it's actually a left/right two-finger swipe (as in Safari). The problem is that there's zero visual feedback and no way to stop it.

You're scrolling down the page, your fingers move to the side. Boom. Previous page. Horrible.

N10248

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
Essex, U.K.
Don't try to reinstall 10.7 as you'll get error -42408 when launching which appears to be related to iTunes account authorisation.

So i'm now stuck with this one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.