Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DSG

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I may have missed something but I was surprised to be able to see the MobileMe galleries of random strangers. These are presumably public but I'm not convinced the owners of said galleries are aware as such!

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
I may have missed something but I was surprised to be able to see the MobileMe galleries of random strangers. These are presumably public but I'm not convinced the owners of said galleries are aware as such!

Yes, Apple could indeed make it a little bit clearer what "publish" to the MM gallery means. But what you observed is not limited to the new app. You can see said galleries on the web as well of course.

MacVixen

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
it was possible to browse it in mobile safari, and i guess it still is :)confused:)

You are correct. It was always possible to view your galleries via mobileSafari. I should have been more clear. I don't even remember the function I was trying to do once, but I tried to access my mobileme site via my iPhone and got the no-go. That just seems silly to me, but I guess I understand it as someone else has stated, most of the services are already on your phone as separate apps.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Same here. Although, I'm not cutting or pasting, and just trying to enter my information, and I get the same error message as you do. Something is wrong.

Looks nice but I'm unable to login. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes exactly the same problem.

I'm putting in my name and password and I get the same error message. Something is broken... so frustrating !!
any ideas of how to solve this problem ??

I haven't yet had a chance to call up Apple MM tech support. Anyone?

anjinha

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA

Why wouldn't they be aware? You have the option to set your galleries to public or private when you set them up.

tuliwood

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2009
Shame poor picture quality

Not sure why but the pictures loaded to MObile me and then viewed on iphone are dreadfull. Smugmug Wallet and flickr gives much better images. Must be the way Apple converts the uploaded images. Why Why Why. Shame I will not use Mobile as it is embarrising to show pictures

aucl

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
Moscow
Not sure why but the pictures loaded to MObile me and then viewed on iphone are dreadfull. Smugmug Wallet and flickr gives much better images. Must be the way Apple converts the uploaded images. Why Why Why. Shame I will not use Mobile as it is embarrising to show pictures

would like to compare, do you have a sample of same image in that galleries? can you post a link?

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Nice app, now if they could recode iWeb so my websites created with it appear like they should on the iPhone.

jagardner1984

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2007
Does anyone else get an error when trying to watch any MobileMe Movie that was uploaded from iMovie. I can watch movies uploaded via the me.com upload tool absolutely fine, though weirdly they don't appear under movies. But the movies get as far as the Quicktime Player screen, and then it says "The Movie can't be played on this device" or something

Any thoughts ?

James

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I love the iGallery. Very nice, easy to use. Great way to view/share my pics.

1. Please change the icon. you can do better.
2. Please allow uploads from the camera to the app.

But otherwise, it's gorgeous, and very "apple".

pmd

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2004
Melbourne (Previously UK)
Does anyone else get an error when trying to watch any MobileMe Movie that was uploaded from iMovie. I can watch movies uploaded via the me.com upload tool absolutely fine, though weirdly they don't appear under movies. But the movies get as far as the Quicktime Player screen, and then it says "The Movie can't be played on this device" or something

Yes, I have the same problem, although I used Quicktime X to convert and upload to MobileMe. There are a few reports of the issue if you google (though the top hit for me is my own Apple Discussions post which is still currently unanswered). There are a also few reviews of the app on iTunes mentioning the problem too. No solutions so far.

aucl

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
Moscow
2. Please allow uploads from the camera to the app.

That is possible with the camera.app or photos.app
Guess it would make more sense to integrate gallery with photos. But let's just be grateful for some time that we got that app, and then ask for new features, or changes ;)

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Nice app, but I don't really see the point. I have all my photos in my "Photos" application. My MobileMe gallery is really all about sharing with friends and family...

Perhaps it's just proof of concept for up-coming Tablet ;)

aucl

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
Moscow
Nice app, but I don't really see the point. I have all my photos in my "Photos" application. My MobileMe gallery is really all about sharing with friends and family...

Perhaps it's just proof of concept for up-coming Tablet ;)

Now you can save the space and sync time for the things that you watch only once in a while, …

penningtonm

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
can't sign in

I can't login to the app
I'm using the right name and password

what is the format you are using if it is working for you

name @mac.com
or just the name

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
hate it

I hate it when they release things and REQUIRE update to the latest version of the OS which we know still has issues for some users. Just make it work on the last best x.0 version please

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
That is possible with the camera.app or photos.app
Guess it would make more sense to integrate gallery with photos. But let's just be grateful for some time that we got that app, and then ask for new features, or changes ;)

yes, it would be nice to see it integrated either with photos.app or in a unified mobileme app. But it's nicely done nonetheless, and I'm happy with it for now.

bshakil

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2010
i already used my free trial of mobile me .. any way to get another free trial... for testing this app...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.