Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

callme

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
The real question is, can you finally delete songs one by one from your phone now? Anyone with the update, can you give me a definitive answer?

"Swipe to delete songs and playlists" is coming in iOS 5.
It is listed on the overview slide which shows the new features that are coming during the keynote, upper right of the slide.

seyh

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
I have a strange problem on the Purchased list of apps in iPhone app store... It shows all the apps I purchased... but it also show a bunch of numerous crap software that I did not even check out, let alone purchase or download...

Anyone having a similar thing? I more or less know what I got myself and what I did not so I am pretty sure that list is not mine.

Purchase history on iTunes shows the proper list without the crap.

longdogs

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Lichfield UK
UK User, Vodafone, iPhone 4 and iPad, both iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken:

Although I have turned on automatic download for apps and books in iTunes, I don't seem to be able to turn it on on my iPhone or iPad : in both cases the Store option people have referred to only shows my username. I've logged out and in again, and nothing changes.

I understand that the music part isn't working in the UK at the moment, but I haven't heard that apps and books aren't.

So have any UK users got automatic downloading for apps and books working?

cheers

Madam Organ

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
New iPod icon?

Anyone notice the new iPod app icon on iPhone durning the keynote?
I noticed it when they were demoing how iCloud works with newly purchased music. The icon just says "music" like on the iPad

ten-oak-druid

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2010
Here is something I hope apple adds to the final product if they have not already. I would like the ability to upload the tags I enter or change on my songs. If I purchase some songs and I modify the genre or the year (sometimes this is wrong) then I don't want to do it again if I download a copy later onto another device or to replace lost files.

I imagine this won't be a feature at first but hopefully Apple adds it eventually.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I wanted to see app updates download on their own so I don't have to go check then download them.

Nikh

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Kyiv
Interesting, this feature should be included in the iOS since 4.3, but nobody discovered it.
Today discovered new tab on iPad's app store.

joemarioz

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
If you activate iCloud when you update to iOS 5 or buy a new iDevice, how do I activate it on my Mac and/or PC? does it apply to all the features of iCloud? such as.. Photo Stream, iTunes, contacts calendar and mail? Say I have an iPad and a Mac with iCloud, what happens if I buy a Macbook and want to transfer all of my music? how do I authorize the device to do so? (with iCloud)

fanspeed

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2007
skynet is here or iCLOUD

maybe it's a generation thing. Just not comfortable having all my stuff out there in cyberspace. I know plenty of info is already out there now but I like having physical control over most of my stuff.

amethystjw

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
Livonia, MI
nope. I just tried, I deleted a song I bought in 2006 and re-downloaded it. From the cloud I got Protected AAC File, Fairplay Version 2, 128 kpbs.

Same here. I'm a little surprised and obviously disappointed by this. It's not a big deal but I'd hoped to finally have an easy way to convert my legally purchased tunes into a format that's almost as useful as my pirated tunes.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Same here. I'm a little surprised and obviously disappointed by this. It's not a big deal but I'd hoped to finally have an easy way to convert my legally purchased tunes into a format that's almost as useful as my pirated tunes.

Wondering will the $24.99 iTunes Match service get all my Protected music files to 256k non-DRM?

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
No ipad

I must be missing something. My iPhone 4 this works. I download anything to my iPad or phone and it shows up. All my old stuff shows the option.

My iPad is 4.3.3 and anything new, music and books download to the phone but I do not see th elist of purchased apps inn the AppStore. That is what I really wanted. To sync my phone and 2 iPads. I can keep the phone synced but not the iPad.

What am I missing?

bobsbarricades

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2007
No, you first have to pay to upgrade those tracks to Itunes Plus. That has not changed.
i believe that's incorrect. I mean... on the site it says

And all the music iTunes matches plays back at 256-Kbps iTunes Plus quality — even if your original copy was of lower quality.

but my original question was this - will iTunes match downloaded songs award artists royalties? I mean, if it didn't come up in the purchase history, and it's a track that was 'obtained somewhere else.'

curious because I read a blog that was talking as though artists were getting some kind of compensation for the match program but... I can't figure out how that's possible.

[edit] - answer on tunecore - "How Do TuneCore Artists Get Paid?
As long as your music is available to buy in iTunes, you get paid each time a subscriber re-downloads or streams your music via iTunes Match.

The amount TuneCore Artists get paid is based on a revenue share model similar to other stores we work with.

Each time your music is accessed via iTunes Match, TuneCore will pay you a proportionate share of the total subscription revenue generated by the iTunes Match service. This means you are paid each time a subscriber re-downloads and streams your music. The pay-out rates can fluctuate each month, depending on how much subscription revenue was generated and how often your music was re-downloaded and/or streamed. As always, TuneCore will pay out 100% of the revenue it receives for your music."

pretty awesome by my standards

Last edited:

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
How do I delete songs that were uploaded with Match?

I have a number of songs that got uploaded with iTunes Match that are not in my iCloud account.

I can see them in iTunes and seem to only have the option to download them.

How do I just delete them out so they're not there anymore?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.