Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larryak

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2016
SF Bay Area
On Monday, shortly after I installed Developer Beta 6 on my iPhone SE, I was locked out of my phone. It would not unlock using the passcode I entered. I ended up doing a full restore using iTunes, which installed IOS 9.3.4. At that point I decided to take a break from Beta's. Maybe this addresses that? Or not...

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Sincerely hope this puts all my artwork back. As much as I love staring at a semi-transparent Apple Music Icon for songs that seem to be fully artworked in the search results before I add them to my library...

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I know when iOS 10 was first announced one feature they promoted was the ability to remove the stock Apple apps. If I remove the Mail app, can I use the Gmail app as my mail client?
Yes, you can do that on iOS9.

Just move GMAIL to the top on your Share Sheet.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
On Monday, shortly after I installed Developer Beta 6 on my iPhone SE, I was locked out of my phone. It would not unlock using the passcode I entered. I ended up doing a full restore using iTunes, which installed IOS 9.3.4. At that point I decided to take a break from Beta's. Maybe this addresses that? Or not...

This happens sometimes. This is why you don't run beta updates (or hell, even software updates in general) unless you're going to be home and around your computer.

It even happened to my girlfriend once on a REGULAR iOS 9 update.

Kramerjn

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2016
Wisconsin
I'll find out once it's installed, but has that silly feature of sending messages (where you hold on the send button) reappeared yet? It was there in like beta 1, but I haven't been able to get it to work in the later ones.

Turn Reduce Motion off in Accessibility. Unfortunately they tied the messages effects to that setting a few betas ago.

stormchasejg

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
East Preston, UK
I'll find out once it's installed, but has that silly feature of sending messages (where you hold on the send button) reappeared yet? It was there in like beta 1, but I haven't been able to get it to work in the later ones.

If using a 6S then it's now become a 3D Touch feature if your on an older device I am unable to comment but it should be there

Reactions: Sulanese

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007
They probably found a Universe breaking bug. Universe breaking bugs are actually worse than system breaking bugs, because they result in the entire universe being destroyed.

This has happened a few times already in the past couple of years, which is why 2016 is so messed up. Apple has a lot to atone for.

;)
lol

mthomas184

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2016
Cupertino
I know when iOS 10 was first announced one feature they promoted was the ability to remove the stock Apple apps. If I remove the Mail app, can I use the Gmail app as my mail client?

You can use it but if you click on an email link to send an email anywhere and don't have the default mail app installed, it will prompt you to download it in order to send the mail.

Reactions: Beastmaster

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
Even after iOS 10 beta 7 is the status bar bug still not fixed :confused:

See the image: Spotlight search results

Attachments

• IMG_1663.PNG
    IMG_1663.PNG
    168 KB · Views: 876

Jungo

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
odd it's public beta 6 that is coming up for me ... must I do 6 before 7 ?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
odd it's public beta 6 that is coming up for me ... must I do 6 before 7 ?
Public beta numbering is one lower than developer beta (since public betas started with developer beta 2 for iOS 10), so the latest public beta would be 6 while it would be 7 for developer beta (with the same build for both).

Reactions: Jungo

andrewvonpelt

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2016
that happened to me too. it was because in accessibility settings i'd disabled zoom and effects. That disables the imessage special affects too

gaximus

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2011
The new OS doesn't break apps. Those apps just haven't been updated for the new OS. That's on the app developer, not Apple.

I agree, but that is why Microsoft skipped Windows 9, because it would have broke old legacy software that would check on the windows version by checking if the string starts with "Windows 9" for 95 and 98

Reactions: Jungo and Sulanese

Jungo

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
Public beta numbering is one lower than developer beta (since public betas started with developer beta 2 for iOS 10), so the latest public beta would be 6 while it would be 7 for developer beta (with the same build for both).
wow thanks - I never would have guessed that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.