Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Is this really the 7th public beta? I haven't been paying attention and saw this and went to update and it said Public Beta 6 is available. It updated and shows I'm current now.

maxolson

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2015
Dark mode?

Feel like this needs to be asked every time a new update is released.

Definitely not happening in iOS10. It would be great to see, but if it was coming, they certainly would have made a huge deal of it at the developer conference. No way they would just toss it into a developer update like that.

Reactions: Hustler1337

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Definitely not happening in iOS10. It would be great to see, but if it was coming, they certainly would have made a huge deal of it at the developer conference. No way they would just toss it into a developer update like that.
It would come at the public release, announced with the new iPhone.

Reactions: mr.bee

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
No smartass. Simply that he found the bug and reported it this morning. Now that there's a new beta, he'll be able to see if it is already fixed after he installs it, or if it's still there.

Well, actually I was thinking that I'm the most important person in the world, at least as far as Apple is concerned, and that they would fix my problem immediately, but then if that were true, they would have seeded the new beta to me alone...

And unfortunately, the problems persists, so now I'm feeling pretty low and unimportant.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It would come at the public release, announced with the new iPhone.
It could, but if it does, it would then likely be an exclusive feature just for the new iPhone (as that's what those type of features that come with the iPhone announcement generally turn out to be), which would be a bit odd for a feature like this. So while it could happen, it doesn't seem all that likely.

flexiboy1912

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
They are now separate items. Used to be a single option combined "Mail,Calendar,Contacts" now its "mail" "contacts" "calendar" all separate options.

You won't "see" it. Thats why its called invisible. :) Click lower left just under the progress bar in the now playing window. (there is no button there) A new menu will pop up.

Nope I have an iPhone on beta 6 and its still - Mail, Contacts , Calendar so your mistaken

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
Nope I have an iPhone on beta 6 and its still - Mail, Contacts , Calendar so your mistaken

No, they're definitely separated...

IMG_0103.PNG

javco

macrumors member
May 10, 2011
Mexico
I'll find out once it's installed, but has that silly feature of sending messages (where you hold on the send button) reappeared yet? It was there in like beta 1, but I haven't been able to get it to work in the later ones.

If you have enabled Reduce Motion it will not work. Disable that option.

VSG

Contributor
Aug 9, 2014
I hope this fixes the weirdness with the "dock" on my ipad air 2.

I was having that issue running the beta before the last one. But with the latest beta I didn't have it and I haven't experienced it with the new one either, yet.

unfortunately, the problems persists, so now I'm feeling pretty low and unimportant.

Your comment gave me a good laugh, thank you! :)

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008

Mine are separated and it's been this way for a while. Can you post a screenshot where they are still combined on your iPhone? Is it a iPhone 6 or later? That's a curious bug if it's still combined.

IMG_1153.PNG

mthomas184

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2016
Cupertino
Not seeing that sorry , still the same and I did update
a9df82ebf7777871b226f5d438069668.jpg
a187027a8f2196fd63a6b867c46a071d.jpg

The "invisible" button is this. If you have a song that needs downloaded from iCloud, it has the iCloud icon. If it's downloaded, it doesn't. But if you press it on the second one, it brings up a menu to remove the downloaded song.

Reactions: jhfenton

HockeyUncle

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2016
One thing I noticed, in beta 6, clearing browsing data in Safari did not work. It is working again in beta 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.