Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmoosa

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
London, UK
and the blurry 1. :D

Attachments

• photo12-225x300.jpg
    photo12-225x300.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,235

xbigman15x

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2008
Wichita, Kansas
Perhaps we should limit ourselves to one refresh every 10 min. I suppose not all of us need to do it either since we can just post whatever shows up on this thread.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
i wonder how much we are saving apple in advertising costs making such huge deals about every single tiny thing.

who cares if its a commercial? the phone is coming, sooner rather than later i hope. Big whoopy :)

What better way to role it out than with a new set of PC/Mac commercials, where the iphone starts to be another actor... :)

here's to waiting, with the few sane people left, not going crazy over each and every new thread every 5 min :)

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
i wonder how much we are saving apple in advertising costs making such huge deals about every single tiny thing.

who cares if its a commercial? the phone is coming, sooner rather than later i hope. Big whoopy :)

What better way to role it out than with a new set of PC/Mac commercials, where the iphone starts to be another actor... :)

here's to waiting, with the few sane people left, not going crazy over each and every new thread every 5 min :)

I auditioned for the iPhone role but was told I looked too much like a pink RAZR. :D
(Knew I shouldn't have spent so much time in the sun that day)

HkyGrL2

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
oh, thank you for whoever edited my pic. I realized I should have done it after it failed to show up! haha
Yikes, I can't concentrate on my work...damn ilife site!

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
I auditioned to be the iPhone role but was told I looked too much like a pink RAZR. :D

they could really have a whole group in the commercial..

"Hi im a 700wx treo running windows mobile."
"Hi im a PC"

"Hi im a mac, and this is my best friend iphone. together we rule the iWorld."

lets not forget, where steve jobs is a god :)

I just want 32GB, and bluetooth audio for 500$. Come to me phone!

CKtoph

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2007
Come on MR! I'm sure you guys can get a live blog going too :D

I gave up on the ilife site for now.

byttle

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2007
I don't know if someone has already posted about this, but if you type "wwdc" into apple's search, the text that comes up is "WWDC 08' A Landmark event in more ways than one", the part 'in more ways than one' kinda makes my heart skip a beat.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Come on MR! I'm sure you guys can get a live blog going too :D

I gave up on the ilife site for now.

Sadly, not located in NYC. If someone out there is willing to run down there and send in pix, I'd gladly post them, and we can handle the traffic.

arn

LVdustin

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
How long do commercials usually take to air from when they are created? A couple weeks maybe? I mean you need to shoot it, then it's all post from there, and then buying TV time...Even with the the speculation of a 3G iPhone coming, this would be the time to start shooting commercials for the later months to come. Justin Long used to post blogs of him doing his Mac commercials until Apple said to stop it, but he said, he would be in the studio doing 3-4 different commercial shoots, and he would see them on the Apple site and sometimes the television within that 3-5 week period. And since it seems like they are doing on-location basic shooting, the post-editing shouldn't be to time consuming.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
out with it already jobs. We all know its coming, you are wasting precious fiscal days :)

better meet that quota :)

Any chance the commercial could film tomorrow? I know nothing about commercial-making...

How long do commercials usually take to air from when they are created? A couple weeks maybe? I mean you need to shoot it, then it's all post from there, and then buying TV time...Even with the the speculation of a 3G iPhone coming, this would be the time to start shooting commercials for the later months to come. Justin Long used to post blogs of him doing his Mac commercials until Apple said to stop it, but he said, he would be in the studio doing 3-4 different commercial shoots, and he would see them on the Apple site and sometimes the television within that 3-5 week period. And since it seems like they are doing on-location basic shooting, the post-editing shouldn't be to time consuming.

I bet apple already owns the airtime they want for the next 2-3months, easy.

MegaMan1311

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
USA
I'm thinking that the iPhone 3G launch / announcement is tomorrow. Apple doesn't do this for a normal commercial...

EDIT: if anyone wants it, I have gotten to the theilife.com. I gotten all of the updates that were before the 503 errors, but I don't have any recent ones.

6:31 PM Sidney is off from work and en-route (via Subway) to the 5th Ave store.
7:30 PM Sidney is on the scene confirming that it is indeed commercial- there are booms and a Genie outside the store. He says that lighting is being setup to highlight the Cube and elevator.
7:37 PM Sidney has confirmed that there is filming going on in the store. Director chairs and people mingling around the tables. All computers have the Leopard aurora desktop background showing with no menubar or icons.
7:39 PM He can see into the Apple Store, and there are iPhone tables with cardboard around them. Most of the people are congregating around the iPhone tables. The cardboard is very eerie, very Apple, he notes.
7:52 PM The crew outside is discussing ways to get into the store, appears to be looking at a floorplan.
7:56 PM “I recognize the 5th Ave HR Manager standing outside the store. She is dressed well and clearly happy about this event.”
7:58 PM More lights are being setup around the outside of the Cube.
8:08 PM “Crews are all talking through radios. I wish I had a frequency scanner right now!”
8:11 PM The crews are hooking into the Fire Hydrant now. What the heck!?
8:33 PM BLACK CASES MARKED “Anonymous 5+4″ entering store. Picture to come.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
out with it already jobs. We all know its coming, you are wasting precious fiscal days :)

better meet that quota :)

Any chance the commercial could film tomorrow? I know nothing about commercial-making...

Film tomorrow? Do you mean air tomorrow? Or continue with the actual filming tomorrow?

Answers: No it cannot air tomorrow and yes, it could still film tomorrow if something does not go right tonight, but highly unlikely. Most commercials are shot in 2-10 hours depending on the complexity. And that includes setup and takedown.

mmoosa

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
London, UK
This is whats been happening so far...if anyone can't get onto ilife

6:31 PM Sidney is off from work and en-route (via Subway) to the 5th Ave store.
7:30 PM Sidney is on the scene confirming that it is indeed commercial- there are booms and a Genie outside the store. He says that lighting is being setup to highlight the Cube and elevator.
7:37 PM Sidney has confirmed that there is filming going on in the store. Director chairs and people mingling around the tables. All computers have the Leopard aurora desktop background showing with no menubar or icons.
7:39 PM He can see into the Apple Store, and there are iPhone tables with cardboard around them. Most of the people are congregating around the iPhone tables. The cardboard is very eerie, very Apple, he notes.
7:52 PM The crew outside is discussing ways to get into the store, appears to be looking at a floorplan.
7:56 PM “I recognize the 5th Ave HR Manager standing outside the store. She is dressed well and clearly happy about this event.”
7:58 PM More lights are being setup around the outside of the Cube.
8:08 PM “Crews are all talking through radios. I wish I had a frequency scanner right now!”
8:11 PM The crews are hooking into the Fire Hydrant now. What the heck!?
8:33 PM BLACK CASES MARKED “Anonymous 5+4″ entering store. Picture to come

LVdustin

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I think we should all focus on the 5+4 you guys. There is always mini clues about certain products. Woz used to pull that stuff all the time. You get the real truth of 5+4 and you go from there. I remeber earlier seeing a post about something relating a 9 to looking like a g. C'mon peeps, who knows, it might be something worthwhile. :apple::cool::p

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Film tomorrow? Do you mean air tomorrow? Or continue with the actual filming tomorrow?

Answers: No it cannot air tomorrow and yes, it could still film tomorrow if something does not go right tonight, but highly unlikely. Most commercials are shot in 2-10 hours depending on the complexity. And that includes setup and takedown.

no Air tomorrow, not film. Just not real familiar with the filming/editing process is all...

crossed fingers waiting for tomorrow :) or tuesday.

It makes sense to me to release the phone, with 1.1.5 firmware BEFORE wwdc. Then @ WWDC make the 2.0 out, and give developers what they want..

I think we should all focus on the 5+4 you guys. There is always mini clues about certain products. Woz used to pull that stuff all the time. You get the real truth of 5+4 and you go from there. I remeber earlier seeing a post about something relating a 9 to looking like a g. C'mon peeps, who knows, it might be something worthwhile.

4 and 5 could correspond to the prices of current phones? 400$ and 500$? :) or maybe a 4" diag. screen, and a 5"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.