Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
no Air tomorrow, not film. Just not real familiar with the filming/editing process is all....

I've been an actor in commercials and have never seen one air the day after it was shot. Though with modern technology, I supposed anything "could" be possible, albeit highly unlikely.

MegaMan1311

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
USA
If you search WWDC at apple.com, you get the following phrase.

A landmark event in more ways then one.

landmark... Could it mean the 5th avenue store?

MegaMan1311

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
USA
no Air tomorrow, not film. Just not real familiar with the filming/editing process is all...

crossed fingers waiting for tomorrow :) or tuesday.

It makes sense to me to release the phone, with 1.1.5 firmware BEFORE wwdc. Then @ WWDC make the 2.0 out, and give developers what they want..

4 and 5 could correspond to the prices of current phones? 400$ and 500$? :) or maybe a 4" diag. screen, and a 5"
I think you've got it. Well, at least it is the best idea yet. 5+4 corresponds with the price of the phone it contains (and thus the flash drive size). $500 and $400.

Phormic

macrumors regular
May 24, 2007
8:08 PM “Crews are all talking through radios. I wish I had a frequency scanner right now!”

What do you think they'd be saying?

"Hey Joe, can you confirm colours. Over."

"Confirm white, black and red models. Over."

"Is there a recessed headphone jack?"

Or do you think it would be more along the lines of, "Hey a need a longer power cord over here!"

ski2moro

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
I think we should all focus on the 5+4 you guys. There is always mini clues about certain products. Woz used to pull that stuff all the time. You get the real truth of 5+4 and you go from there. I remeber earlier seeing a post about something relating a 9 to looking like a g. C'mon peeps, who knows, it might be something worthwhile. :apple::cool::p

Then, there is the clue from the new Sydney store sign - DROP IN SOON.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008

20$ says apple gives the 5th the iphone 12 hrs earlier than any other store, just to tape the drama...

they may be setting up to release it tommorow, and gonna tape initial reactions for commercial purposes?

xbigman15x

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2008
Wichita, Kansas
I think we should all focus on the 5+4 you guys. There is always mini clues about certain products. Woz used to pull that stuff all the time. You get the real truth of 5+4 and you go from there. I remeber earlier seeing a post about something relating a 9 to looking like a g. C'mon peeps, who knows, it might be something worthwhile. :apple::cool::p

5+4=9 WWDC is on the 9th of june? Perhaps it simply means what is in the box is unknown to anyone until the ninth. I highly doubt that it means 39 and 9 looks like a g, that is pushing it.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Um..... Soho is quite a walk from Midtown, I would say 2.0 to 2.5 hours (metro would take a solid 25 minutes depending on track traffic). I live on 57th and 9th which takes a good 20 minutes just to walk to the apple store on 58th and 5th. Remember you also have the store in the Meat Packing District too.

I was thinking that. I went on my honeymoon to NYC and we went to both. It was like a 15-20 minute subway ride, and I don't believe we took the local.

TedB

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
I don't know if someone has already posted about this, but if you type "wwdc" into apple's search, the text that comes up is "WWDC 08' A Landmark event in more ways than one", the part 'in more ways than one' kinda makes my heart skip a beat.

WWDC was announced this year on March 13th, which depicts this slogan and 2 golden gate bridges.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/13/wwdc-2008-kicks-off-june-9th-for-mac-iphone-devs/

No new news, but m.eh, it is something that many probably overlooked.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002

I searched and don't get that.

EDIT: Nevermind. Thanks.

wwdc2008.jpg

It's the "in more ways than one" that is interesting. The landmark part strikes me less.

davekarn

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2007
5+4=9 WWDC is on the 9th of june? Perhaps it simply means what is in the box is unknown to anyone until the ninth. I highly doubt that it means 39 and 9 looks like a g, that is pushing it.

Ahh you beat me to it...that's what I was assuming that it was implying, eluding to it's release on the 9th.

~Dave

mdodd

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2007
Montclair, NJ
Hey guys! I am terribly sorry for the website, obviously the news spread across the internet, and our servers have taken a hard beating. We intend on being back as soon as possible, however the liveblogging may be over at that point. Thanks to all who visited, sorry we couldn't stay up through the whole event!

LVdustin

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I think it might mean june 9th, that is my best guess...there is nine letters though in the word anonymous, but I am trying to do all these calculations, and nothing really is coming to mind. June 9th might be the best bet. the $400 + $500 pricing doesn't seem to fit in with the 4+5 really, but that is just me. As for the WWDC thing, with the landmarks. That could be anything, Apple stores are Landmarks whereever you put them, why would the 5th ave. store be any different...I know, I know, it's a pretty unique store. But who knows.

steve1staf

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2007
need a new blog

9:33 PM Sidney has to leave as his iPhone has die; the liveblog is over. The servers are being pounded from traffic from all over; including AppleInsider and MacRumors. Thanks to all who have visited!!

Chrisrokc

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008

Yea, people are looking into this way too much. 5+4 = 9. 9 is the day in june.

TedB

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
Hey guys! I am terribly sorry for the website, obviously the news spread across the internet, and our servers have taken a hard beating. We intend on being back as soon as possible, however the liveblogging may be over at that point. Thanks to all who visited, sorry we couldn't stay up through the whole event!

Well would you mind posting the liveblog notes here as they happen until your servers recover? It would help all of us out alot.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Exactly.

Given the fact we're 11 days out from the Stevenote, I highly doubt it's an iPhone 3G spot. Assuming they're really releasing one on June 9, any associated spot is already in the can, edited and ready for broadcast.

MAYBE they're shooting a spot focused on their retail store offerings.
That could be both interesting & welcome.

We shot a five minute film over a weekend. It was telecined to HD, edited, color corrected, had minor animation in shake, and delivered before the next weekend. It's definitely possible. Would they do another one for the iPhone though? That I don't know. Maybe, since they did one for Leopard.

CKtoph

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2007
Weak sauce! I tell ya. The iLife blogger left :( Apparently his iphone ran out of batteries.

xbigman15x

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2008
Wichita, Kansas
"9:33 PM Sidney has to leave as his iPhone has die; the liveblog is over. The servers are being pounded from traffic from all over; including AppleInsider and MacRumors. Thanks to all who have visited!!"

Lulz, just think how bad it is going to be when we are here in a similar spot waiting for the new iphone with the 3G iphone using up battery even quicker. It was fun while it lasted. Is there seriously no one near the 5th Avenue store that can supply some pics and news to MR?

mdodd

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2007
Montclair, NJ
Well would you mind posting the liveblog notes here as they happen until your servers recover? It would help all of us out alot.

Sidney just called me from a payphone to inform me that his iPhone died. This was totally unexpected, as I called him an hour before he was leaving work to go over and check it out. We are really sorry we couldn't provide more!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.