Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hackum

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
So send it back, get a replacement. You might also receive the new model if they havent shipped your order yet.

Druean

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2005
So NOT fair. I only just ordered my MBP yesterday morning. I need it by Friday and could not wait any longer. but still - not fair.

Dont worry youl almost certainly get the updated version if it is coming out as we speak.

TheStigger

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2010
It seems people that the time is upon us. ( UK store down ).

Fingers bloody crossed anyway.

panatha

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2009
n

I AM SO EXITED??? I NEARLLY HAD A HEART ATTACK

will the old mbp price go doun?

John Kotches

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Troy, IL (STL Area)
Far longer than it should.

Couldn't they just write up the new website offline, then transfer it to the online server? I don't know anything about websites and servers so I don't know what the deal is there.

Depending on construction, you put all the new content on a different path and repoint the httpd to the new path. Then it's just a restart of the daemon.

There is some maintenance that could require a longer offline stretch, but I do wonder when they bring the server down for maintenance (i.e. to put up new products) if some of that is just for show.

I know we'd be smacked down if we had to close the doors for a website update every time.

revs

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2008
UK
Not by much, probably by 10% or so.

Get a refurb one, awesome machines, and great saving.

I'll hope for a new MBP today, and then ill look at refurbs in 2 - 3 months time (whenever they arrive - and use saved money to buy iPad? ;) )

Strain

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
I'm totally psyched. :) Tried out a hackintosh early december, fell in love with a few apps and have been waiting for a refresh ever since. I really hope this is it.

hackum

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
Imagine if the store goes up: no changes whatsoever. Who will be devastated? Steve is just toying with us...

panatha

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2009
IF THERE IS NO UPDATE i will loose it.

and dont get an ipad there not that good!!

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Ta-da!!!!!

"Here's Johnny!" Er... the Macbook Pros, sorry.

It better reserve the value of my overpriced aluminium collection from Apple, otherwise I will get angry! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Actually, most people only watch the numbers, so with a quad-core, I'm safe. :rolleyes:

jodr

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2010
As somebody whose work forced them to buy last week, I sincerely hope they're just adding colored scroll bars.

And I'm looking forward to the stream of "but I just BOUGHT a MBP!???" threads, for advice.

hackum

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
As somebody whose work forced them to buy last week, I sincerely hope they're just adding colored scroll bars.

And I'm looking forward to the stream of "but I just BOUGHT a MBP!???" threads, for advice.

"but I just BOUGHT a MBP!???" will be the new "when are the MPBs coming out?"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.