Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
FYI: Here's the Apple Store list of stores based on R code. I worked at Apple and we were the X store to open up but had an R code that was much higher. The numbers don't match up

R027 - Salem (NH) - Rockingham Park (that's where this video was filmed). I'm in New Hampshire, so I'll have to stop by and say hi to these guys now.

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/job_store_list.html

applephanatic

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Everywhere you aren't
Ehh..

I will admit it wasn't great. The only saving grace factor to this video was I now know what the back of my apple store looks like. LOL I actually have seen those people before at there "actual" jobs:)

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, but this video is clearly not new.
Also, as a former Apple retail employee, videos like this (corny, make me feel uncomfortable just watching it) are not uncommon, and are kind of the main thing that I do not miss about working there. That and the forced high fives at product launches. Otherwise, was a great job.

I have a feeling this guy will be asked to take the video down soon.

I worked for Apple Retail from 2004-2007, never saw crap like this. And actually, this video is relatively new. You can tell by the shirts. i worked at Apple when we had the classic black t-shirts with the white Apple logo. I have 30 shirts from the departure from that era, but I was one of the originals...thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
I took a moment to actually watch the video and it's not that bad. It is certainly better than most of the training material I've seen in retail, and not only does it beat the likes of a boring presentation or slideshow, it probably encourages more employes to pay attention to it.

Nothing wrong with a little fun, or stepping a little outside a comfort zone.

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2005
Wow, no offence to anyone working at an Apple store but it's just a retail job.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
Wow, no offence to anyone working at an Apple store but it's just a retail job.

To be honest, it really is. It USED to be fun back in the days when it was new and fresh. But lately it's become drone-world with messages and sales agendas like this one. I miss it when it was fun.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
I can't stand Rap or Hip-Hop. The so-called "singing" and the attitude that goes with it. Stand down from your little podium, you're just like everybody else.

And if that video had been made by Microsoft employes, everyone would be saying how much it sucks. :rolleyes:

settledown

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2003
pittsburgh
"I whip my hair back and forth", "I whip my hair", "back and forth"

(use sinatra style)

(cant believe i am the first to mention this)(if you dont know watch the video ALL THE WAY TO THE END)

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Not my style, and not sure it's even a great video, but man do I wish more companies would adopt this approach to customer service. Done properly, it makes for the most pleasant shopping experience one could ever hope for. My younger brother works for Apple and loves taking this approach, he'll just stand there and talk with a customer for an hour, and they always end up getting as close to what they need as he can manage, which means happier customers, more referrals, and more repeat service. I really wish my co-worker would learn this, in fact, he keeps selling people on more expensive items that they don't actually need, and we either get complaints or recently have had to make them wait while we order the item because he just assumed he should offer the "faster" 7200RPM drive when we had 5400RPM drives in stock, and in larger sizes.

jW

dubprocess

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
so many haters...video is funny and lighthearted..mabey we all need to go back into living in caves and writing on walls..

JS3

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
This is terrible. I'd fire the entire crew. "This is what your doing in my store while its closed wtf" This is what steve would say.

TheWARDen13

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
There's an error in the body of the post…

The first "P" in the A.P.P.L.E. Steps of Service isn't "Position, permission, probe" (that's, simply enough, the 3 Ps). The first "P" is actually "Probe politely to uncover the customer's needs" and get a good understanding of what brought them in the store. Not a big deal at all, just thought the site wouldn't mind knowing about the small error.

Other than that…I've a bit of experience w/ Apple Retail, and based on how things were when I was there, I feel like a few heads are gonna roll b/c of this...

altecXP

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2009
I quite enjoyed it. Not that i thought it was good music, but I liked seeing them full around and have fun.

joaquin_phoenix-club.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.