Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asrai

macrumors member
May 11, 2005
What?
Mr. Jobs leaves us, and Tim Cook is already taking time off?

What baout shutting down the store and giving retail employees paid time off?...not so much, huh.....

What about shutting down the store on the day after Mr. Jobs death for his recognition? not so much, huh

But yuo go ahead and take your vacation Mr. Cook.

Reading isn't your strongest ability I see.

iChrist

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2011
3 countries for tax benefit
What heck?? Would Steve Job allow this? If no, then must be good reason. He give employee free product like amazing iPhone but never allow people to be soft and lazy. Cook learned nothing from the great Steve. :rolleyes:

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
Interesting that the best companies in any field seem to give more vacation time and civilized benefits that their failing opponents don't.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
I wonder if the factory workers are going to get some paid time-off.
They're not employees of Apple Inc.

They are employees of Foxconn, Pegatron, etc. Their compensation and benefits are determined by the senior management of their respective companies, not Apple Inc.

In any case, they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in southeast Asia. A lot of these manufacturing companies do shut down for a week or so around the Lunar New Year, a holiday period that is not observed by Apple Inc.

TheAppleFamily

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
North California
What?

What baout shutting down the store and giving retail employees paid time off?...not so much, huh.....

What about shutting down the store on the day after Mr. Jobs death for his recognition? not so much, huh

...what a narcissistic venomous comment!

Obviously, you don't realize that Tim Cook has run Apple behind the scenes for quite a while, and frankly is one of the better things that has happened to that company!

----------

What heck?? Would Steve Job allow this? If no, then must be good reason. He give employee free product like amazing iPhone but never allow people to be soft and lazy. Cook learned nothing from the great Steve. :rolleyes:

Maybe Steve should have learned a few things from Tim Cook!

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
...what a narcissistic venomous comment!

Obviously, you don't realize that Tim Cook has run Apple behind the scenes for quite a while, and frankly is one of the better things that has happened to that company!

----------

Maybe Steve should have learned a few things from Tim Cook!

somebody needs a sarcasm detector. they sell them at ebay.........:rolleyes:

jmcrutch

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Good for them, but how is this relevant for the rest of us who are not Apple employees?

I'm not an employee but I am a shareholder and this story is relevant to me. I infer from their giving time off that things are going "extra-specially-well" at One Infinite Loop, or they would not be giving extra time off.

So, this helps me sleep better knowing that my investment is being cared for. That's how it's relevant to me. Can't say for others ;)

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I'm really digging this more humanistic Apple. This is a company I can get behind now.

Cook >>> Jobs

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
What?

"You can bet that Apple is Forcing workers to take time off!!! This is not Choice!!! This is not Open!!! This is the Walled Garden in action.

It is a Crime that these workers get time off with pay!!! What ever happened to Free!!!
Choice, Open, and Free. These are ideals to live by."

How the h8ters will spin this.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Good, well deserved.
The company I work for has done almost the opposite this year, they've blocked holiday from Nov 16th through to Jan 12th. And I've got 'no choice' but to work Christmas eve until midnight.

And the company wonders why their employees hate their jobs so much and just can't be bothered with it anymore.

fenwah

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2011
It's the least he can do. I wonder how much unpaid overtime for salaried workers was put in to get these products to market?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Okay,,,they can take time off now because it works perfectly for me...and you don't count....:p

I can just picture Tim Cook sitting in his office...

- "Hmm, any problems with iCloud? Let me check my email.."

"ERROR - Cannot connect to iCloud email"

- "Great! No complaints! Things must be going swell. I think everyone should take some time off, I'll let everyone know.."

"ERROR - Cannot send iCloud email"

- "Great! That's done. I'm off home now"

And he waddles off home. :p

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
What?

"Time Off" doesn't mean time off from making money.

Aug 26, 2008
Interesting that the best companies in any field seem to give more vacation time and civilized benefits that their failing opponents don't.

Apple isn't even listed in the top 100 places to work according to CNN Money. Google and MS are. There are other tech companies in the top 100 as well. Please check out the facts before blindly believing something.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
This is great - wish my company would show appreciation to employees like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.