Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wildoofsmeg

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
2 Deliveries in the space of 10 minutes, the first was a blu-ray replacement from Amazon (was sent out yesterday delivered this merry morn) the second was my new AppleTV!

Hope you guys get yours soon.

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Mine is here! A colleague with a gen 1 Apple TV has looked at it and his old one is now 'obsolete' :rolleyes:.

It's on my desk at work - very small! Smaller than I imagined...

Can't wait for 4pm to roll around!

ronin93

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2010
It's arrived!!

My Apple TV arrived this morning and I have been playing around with it for about an hour. It's fantastic - videos and photos are displayed brilliantly. It may only display 720p but videos look absolutely amazing. I had an old Apple TV which I sold on Ebay when I heard about the new Apple TV. This is head and shoulders above the old one. I have a mac mini upstairs running 24/7.This holds all my photos and home videos so I don't need a hard drive. Also the fact that it only consumes 6 watts an hour means it is fantastically cheap to run. Well done Apple!!

peteknopp

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Photos and home videos

Do you have to have all your photos and vids in itunes to be able to stream them from an iMac or will the atv access them from iphoto etc? Mines arrived in East Sussex but needs posting to me in Portugal.

mrtrilby

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
Do you have to have all your photos and vids in itunes to be able to stream them from an iMac or will the atv access them from iphoto etc? Mines arrived in East Sussex but needs posting to me in Portugal.

iTunes will share your photos (and presumably videos) from iPhoto or Aperture.

jasonanway

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2010
They're in the shops

Just picked one up from Covent Garden!

They didn't have loads an they certainly weren't promoting them - they even had the old models for sale on the top floor but the new ones are on the ground floor, right at the back and to the right of the ipods.

Enjoy your shopping folks...

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
Am I the only one finding the iPhone Remote App a bit flakey?

Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't?

chriso89

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2010
Norway
Just picked one up from Covent Garden!

They didn't have loads an they certainly weren't promoting them - they even had the old models for sale on the top floor but the new ones are on the ground floor, right at the back and to the right of the ipods.

Enjoy your shopping folks...
so it is possible mye friend can pick one up tomorow?

pilot25dmc

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2010
Quick question for anyone who has theirs.

I got mine today but have been unable to use the home sharing feature.

I have just moved into a new house and BT have still not switched on my broadband. With my old Apple TV you did not have to be connected to the Internet to stream audio and video from my home computer. The new Apple TV will not even find my computer, it keeps asking me to log in using my Apple id which I have done but it keeps saying it is 'not found'. I take it that the new Apple TV has to be connected to the Internet to set it up?

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
Quick question for anyone who has theirs.

I got mine today but have been unable to use the home sharing feature.

I have just moved into a new house and BT have still not switched on my broadband. With my old Apple TV you did not have to be connected to the Internet to stream audio and video from my home computer. The new Apple TV will not even find my computer, it keeps asking me to log in using my Apple id which I have done but it keeps saying it is 'not found'. I take it that the new Apple TV has to be connected to the Internet to set it up?

To use Home sharing it does need to be able to connect to the internet... I did not try any other methods of connecting as that worked straight away for me.. Do you have a MiFi that you could setup to allow the AppleTV and Mac to access the internet for a short time just to get it set up?

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
Anyone else seen them in the. shops?

I phoned Apple in Cribbs Causeway in Bristol yesterday and they said
they didn't expect them for a week or so! I will try both Apple stores
in Bristol tomorrow. May callin just in case they're hiding them!!

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
Anyone else seen them in the. shops?

I phoned Apple in Cribbs Causeway in Bristol yesterday and they said
they didn't expect them for a week or so! I will try both Apple stores
in Bristol tomorrow. May callin just in case they're hiding them!!

Someone else on this forum said that they were in the store..they also said that both he old and the new were in the store!! Not sure if this was a UK store or a US one.

donny

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Did the van ever turn up?

It did thanks for asking - not long after I posted that actually. I'm very pleased with it so far, although no real surprises after watching dozens of reviews and unboxing videos! The hardware and software work perfectly and it's a massive improvement over using my PS3 for streaming, which is a tad noisy and prone to random "DLNA Errors". My only complaint at the moment is the lack of content in the iTunes store - but hopefully this will gradually improve.

Plus, why on earth does it cost more to buy a TV series on iTunes, in 640x360, than it does to get the DVD, which can be played anywhere and is better quality? Shouldn't downloads be cheaper, or am I missing something?

Donny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.