Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
I had thought that MS would at least be able to keep up with the watch bands, but no…they had to cancel their watch. How pathetic is that? Now the Skylake debacle with their "new" Surface products plus those same old industrial designs for the Surface/Surface Book. Probably need a change at CEO.
Keep repeating that mantra... it is what Apple HQ is doing....and It isn't working!

Reactions: tuxon86

BootsWalking

macrumors 68020
Feb 1, 2014

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I had thought that MS would at least be able to keep up with the watch bands, but no…they had to cancel their watch. How pathetic is that? Now the Skylake debacle with their "new" Surface products plus those same old industrial designs for the Surface/Surface Book. Probably need a change at CEO.

Oh please. We all know that if Apple released a Surface Pro, exactly as it is, but running OSX, we would all go apes**t over it. I know I would.

carestudio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Tell that to Apple....who is still selling to date 3 years old CPU on their top of the line computer (you can pick anyone in the line...they are all 2 / 3 years old)!
People getting mad because Microsoft did better than (aka mopped the floor with) Apple for once, who would have tought!!

I am an apple lover and fan as you can see in my sig, but i can also give credit where it is due...you can't always win.

Wait couple more hours, Mr. Cook can update his keynotes, it's going to be post-Kaby Lake, ship from 2018.
Treat or Trick, Mad or Macs, better to be Good or NEVER!

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
And righlty so, Nadella had a difficult situation in his hand (thanks to Ballmer) and he turned it around very well, the road is still long but at least they now have a compass!
[doublepost=1477578485][/doublepost]
Wait couple more hours, Mr. Cook can update his keynotes, it's going to be post-Kaby Lake, ship from 2018.
Treat or Trick, Mad or Macs, better to be Good or NEVER!
Do you really think he is so desperate to make a last minute change to a keynote? Wow the situation is worse than I tought then.

gnipgnop

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2009
Keep repeating that mantra... it is what Apple HQ is doing....and It isn't working!

I guess you can probably design some pretty good emojis on the Surface Studio though (that round thingamajig that you place on the screen is probably easy to trace around to get the emoji started), so at least MS has got that going for them.

eebrown

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
I the following just about says it all, only 12% of revenues came from Macs. However, what Tim doesn't seem to realize is the Mac users are the core group which drive the other categories. For instance, the only reason I bought an iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad 2, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, Apple TV 3rd Gen Apple TV 4th Gen, and Apple Watch Series 2 was because I'm heavily invested in Macs because MacOS is the only viable unix desktop.
Screen-Shot-2016-10-25-at-4.35.55-PM.jpg
This I think is very true.

Reactions: robust

Mike133

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2016
Not sure if it has been said here but if you go to the apple website and select Mac (http://www.apple.com/mac/), Scroll down till you see the accessories for mac, that does look like a new Keyboard and a touchpad that atleast i've never seen before?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Now the Skylake debacle with their "new" Surface products plus those same old industrial designs for the Surface/Surface Book. Probably need a change at CEO.
What available chipset should they have used?

zauriel

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2007
Nixa, MO
Unfortunatly we will get a "new" MacBook Pro with a "magical" oled bar and a little more, if we are lucky some more watchbands......lol

We have some great product in our pipelines.....(someone talks to Tim on stage in his hear) Sorry guys i ment Microsoft has some great stuff in the pipelines, we just got some oled bar and some watchbands....

You know, the only thing more annoying than Apple presenting new watchbands and acting like it's both innovative and a big deal ... is people continuing to make the same. damn. watchbands. joke. Over and over again. We get it.

gnipgnop

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2009
You know, the only thing more annoying than Apple presenting new watchbands and acting like it's both innovative and a big deal ... is people continuing to make the same. damn. watchbands. joke. Over and over again. We get it.

They're still upset that MS could't even keep up with the watch bands and had to cancel their entire watch. Kind of sad to see the decline in innovation at Redmond these days. People used to think MS could dominate any market they entered, and now even watch bands are a struggle.

MvdM

Suspended
Apr 27, 2005
To al the people who visit the event : if Apple introduces MacBooks with flatter keys, let's all boo them. A good notebook needs a good keyboard.

gnipgnop

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2009
What available chipset should they have used?

Kaby Lake is totally, totally available. Or at least that's what people were saying when claiming that Apple was abandoning their customers. Could it be that it isn't really true?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.