Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seasurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Anyone want to create a list for Apps that are optimized.

I think Apple Made Apps are optimized.

1. PDF Expert
2. Evernote

Last edited:

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Anything that supports split screen is already optimized as far as I can tell.

Pocket is also optimized, despite not supporting it, as is Paper (duh).

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I was really bummed that pipboy wasn't ... I wanted to have my live map and website of collection map going at once. Sadly it pauses the live map :(

Bummer! I'm getting ready to download it now for my boyfriend as he thought the pro would be awesome for pipboy.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Try ProTube as a YouTube client, who knows when the Google devs decide to allow for PiP/bg audio and the new resolution...

Just grabbed it on your recommendation. Bit disappointed immediately since some content won't play, e.g. Hello by Adele says it won't play, and wants to load YouTube! Also, no 60fps support. Quite disappointed, really.

ooans

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
Just grabbed it on your recommendation. Bit disappointed immediately since some content won't play, e.g. Hello by Adele says it won't play, and wants to load YouTube! Also, no 60fps support. Quite disappointed, really.
But still better than the Google one?

I really would pay even 5 bucks for a decent YouTube app for the iPad Pro

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Why won't that particular video play? Does the alternative player work?

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015

I am getting the same problem with some YouTube videos :(

I emailed the developer still no reply.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Why won't that particular video play? Does the alternative player work?

The alternative sometimes works for me but for one video it still requires me to play it on youtube.com yuck.

This is the errors I get:

"You do not have permission to access the requested resource. Try the alternative player."

When I click try the alternative player I get this error:

"This video contains content from WMG. It is restricted from playback on certain sites. Watch on YouTube."

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
What error do you get ?

Here's the errors. image.png image.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.