Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone know if Hearthstone, Google Play Movies and TV, Wikipedia, IMDb, eBay, or HBO Now are optimized?

Also, has there been any update on support for Facebook?

Also, am I correct in understanding that Plex, YouTube, Netflix, Facebook Messenger, and Google Hangouts are all supported?

Am thinking about ditching my mini 2 and Air 2 (of the devices listed in my signature) and going for a 12.9" Pro. And those are the key apps for me.

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Does anyone know if Hearthstone, Google Play Movies and TV, Wikipedia, IMDb, eBay, or HBO Now are optimized?

Also, has there been any update on support for Facebook?

Also, am I correct in understanding that Plex, YouTube, Netflix, Facebook Messenger, and Google Hangouts are all supported?

Am thinking about ditching my mini 2 and Air 2 (of the devices listed in my signature) and going for a 12.9" Pro. And those are the key apps for me.

If you think the iPP is right for your use case... just get it, it's awesome. Sure, some apps don't take advantage of the extra space YET but does it really matter if Facebook looks just like it does on a regular iPad? It works just fine on the iPP (use it every day).

The "unoptimized" apps are just that: non-optimal for the screen size. They still work fine!

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2014
i don't see why people with large iPads even care about the mobile fb app. Just pull it up on safari and enjoy a "PC replacement" experience

Reactions: ZebraDude

aberrero

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
What do you need an alternative for? Youtube was updated several weeks ago to use the native resolution of the 12.9" iPP...

I hadn't realized that. It still doesn't support 4K though, and I'd like to be able to download videos too.

ooans

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
Finally Facebook released an optimized iOS app that supports the resolution of the 12” iPad Pro. Only took them a while... from December 2015 to January 2018.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Finally Facebook released an optimized iOS app that supports the resolution of the 12” iPad Pro. Only took them a while... from December 2015 to January 2018.

Just read this and went to check and no it’s not!

I also did the check after reading that and found myself disappointed that it still wasn't native. Seriously, native Facebook and HBO Now apps are not all that much to ask for.

ooans

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
I also did the check after reading that and found myself disappointed that it still wasn't native. Seriously, native Facebook and HBO Now apps are not all that much to ask for.

Dangit! They replaced the icons and some graphics to some that seemed less pixelated and I just assumed that they had finally fixed it, but alas no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.