Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flynnst0ne

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2008
LOL!!!

So tell me flynnst0ne...if you go to a restaurant and people are seated before you...tell me how you feel???? It's just food!!!

Did AT&T prepare for the new iPhone appropriately? Absolutely not.

Has AT&T tried to rectify this for the people that were "wronged"? NOPE!

But **** happens.

And to equate this to your analogy about food. Yes i've had people served/seated ahead of me. Did i still get to eat shortly thereafter, and not starve to death?? YEP!! It just made me think twice about patronizing the restaurant in the future, and perhaps going forward i'll order from Apple.

This isnt the first time AT&T has screwed up, so it should come as no surprise that it happened again.

brianm76

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Friend's 6+ 64 GB Space Gray Delivered 3 Hours ago (Sprint)

A friend of mine posted a pic of her Space Gray 6+ 64GB from Sprint... She ordered at 8:30 am ET on 9/12 and received it this morning at about 10am.

My ATT 6+ 16GB still showing 10/2 delivery (ordered at 3:10am ET from ATT website (also Premier customer). Only a few hours left for delivery today so I guess we will see if it comes...:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_4657.png
    IMG_4657.png
    528 KB · Views: 103

aimeea

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Bayonne, NJ
UPS has come and gone...no fancy AT&T box for me... Not sure when FedEx comes but AT&T really messed up on their premier customers.

And yes it's just a phone and honestly most everyone here would be fine with getting the phone later IF things where handled properly. They weren't which is why everyone here is upset.

flynnst0ne

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2008
Yes it's a phone, a phone that I will see a bill for pretty soon which I do not have. A phone that we all pre-ordered around the time of launch, yet others who ordered days after us have received. A phone that every single other carrier has been able to deliver today for the most part, EXCEPT AT&T. A phone that at this very moment, you can still get on AT&T and pre-order, which is mind boggling.

I myself don't give a rats a$$ about the phone itself at this point, but throw all protocol and pre-ordering procedures out of the window, because ZERO logic explains what is going on with AT&T at the moment. First come first serve is complete BS, and I'm pretty sure many of us have a bigger chance of spotting a leprechaun riding a unicorn than confirmations of those receiving their 6 + units.

This is a thread for pre-orders of the 6 Plus with AT&T, there's going to be people here for the most part with complaints, as I'm still not convinced AT&T has any 6 + models that have shipped out with the exception of a handful of people who's orders might as well been picked out of a hat. don't like it, click elsewhere.

You are correct, and i agree AT&T has handled the situation piss poor. It's still not going to change a damn thing except to ruin your day...

And unless they've handled your account differently, i havent been charged at all for the phone i pre-ordered. I had an authorization applied, which has since fallen off. I dont expect my account to be debited until the phone actually ships.

Snoobie

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Any luck for my California peeps? I've still not seen or heard anything!!! Frustration is hardly the correct word to use!!!

Orange County, California here. Ordered on Premier at 11:59pm and still nothing but a 10/2 and preparing to ship. I haven't seen anyone from Cali and premier with an actual tracking number yet. I still have about 10-15% hope it shows up without a tracking number but it's looking dreary

glxyjones

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Ordered a 6 for my wife, a 6+ for myself. Just received the 6, no 6+... Definitely don't think it's coming today :-\

ATT premier
64 GB SG
Ordered at 350am est

aimeea

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Bayonne, NJ
Anyone else get new delivery times? Some guy from the other thread said his plus delivery changed to 9/25

nope, Still the same. I honestly think if anything would have changed it would have been this morning or late this evening.

----------

Ordered a 6 for my wife, a 6+ for myself. Just received the 6, no 6+... Definitely don't think it's coming today :-\

ATT premier
64 GB SG
Ordered at 350am est

if you look at Twitter is says there is a massive amount of Premier accounts that have not received their phones.

freezy23

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Status Quo

No update on mine

Last updated on 9/17

Pre-Ordered: 5min after 3AM ET Launch
Phone: 6+ 64gb Space Gray
Item Status: Preparing to Ship
Shipping Date: 10/02/14 - 10/13/14*

Confirmation Email: 9/12 @ 4:44 AM ET
Order Processed Txt Msg: 9/12 @ 8:29PM ET

cyberghos

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Just left Verizon. They told me it would be a 5 week wait on the plus if I ordered it today. Looking to switch not because I didnt get it but because of the customer service and lousy communication from this company.

You think you get better service and communication with Verizon?

msegina613

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Oh the heartbreak.

So UPS show up at my door and drops off a package. I have no tracking number so i was amazed.

i open the door, open the box and its a damn throw blanket. :(

Fiance had her weddings shower over last weekend and someone who couldn't make it sent her a gift.

I could just cry.

snapyjohn

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Sprint In hand

My brother called and he and his six co-workers have theirs. They ordered through a sprint business rep face to face at 3:30 P.M. on the 12th. I ordered mine 12:30 AM. Sprint takes order 15 hours later and they have 6 plus's in hand. B.S.

Gdogghbk

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Has anyone considered filing a class action lawsuit? Before the crazies come out and say "seriously? Over a phone???" Let's consider this... If there ARE people getting shipments today from ATT who pre-ordered later than most people on this board, all we need is proof... We need the pictures of the tracking numbers and the people who received them to participate. ATT clearly stated in the e-mail to everyone that the pre-orders were first come first serve. There were no "IF'S, AND's, or BUT's" about it, it's clearly stated. To deny those who stayed up till 3am their orders because of processing errors, shipping distance, or the like is a violation of the very thing ATT promised upon all of us re-upping our contracts. It said first come first serve...

I for one was fine with the shipping dates being 10/2-10/13 where mine now stands, however I feel lied to... I feel like ATT has taken my trust in them and turned it into a game! Some have said a lottery as to who gets a phone and who doesn't! That's just not right, and it seems like there are a lot of frustrated people on here! If Sprint, Verizon, and Apple are fulfilling their pre-orders according to queue why isn't ATT?

I want to end this by saying I am not a lawyer... If I was you bet I'd be all over this on my own. If someone is, or someone knows of someone, it might be worth looking into! I think most of us here agree that we have something! We might have a case against the ordering and shipment process that is ATT. There are no excuses... I am among those willing to only order directly from Apple in the future... ATT has violated my trust in their ability to handle this pre-order situation...

Iphone 6-Plus 64gb SG/Ordered 3:30-4am EST/preparing to ship (ATT) & order processing (Premier)

Opsknight

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Has anyone considered filing a class action lawsuit? Before the crazies come out and say "seriously? Over a phone???" Let's consider this... If there ARE people getting shipments today from ATT who pre-ordered later than most people on this board, all we need is proof... We need the pictures of the tracking numbers and the people who received them to participate. ATT clearly stated in the e-mail to everyone that the pre-orders were first come first serve. There were no "IF'S, AND's, or BUT's" about it, it's clearly stated. To deny those who stayed up till 3am their orders because of processing errors, shipping distance, or the like is a violation of the very thing ATT promised upon all of us re-upping our contracts. It said first come first serve...

I for one was fine with the shipping dates being 10/2-10/13 where mine now stands, however I feel lied to... I feel like ATT has taken my trust in them and turned it into a game! Some have said a lottery as to who gets a phone and who doesn't! That's just not right, and it seems like there are a lot of frustrated people on here! If Sprint, Verizon, and Apple are fulfilling their pre-orders according to queue why isn't ATT?

I want to end this by saying I am not a lawyer... If I was you bet I'd be all over this on my own. If someone is, or someone knows of someone, it might be worth looking into! I think most of us here agree that we have something! We might have a case against the ordering and shipment process that is ATT. There are no excuses... I am among those willing to only order directly from Apple in the future... ATT has violated my trust in their ability to handle this pre-order situation...

Iphone 6-Plus 64gb SG/Ordered 3:30-4am EST/preparing to ship (ATT) & order processing (Premier)

What law was broken?

clg82

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2010
Southern California
Just sent this email to the address that was suggested earlier....couldnt be more disappointed in AT&T right now:

Good morning Mr. Stephenson,

First off let me start by telling you how utterly disappointed I am in the preorder process for the iphone 6 plus. I am currently an AT&T "premier" customer for almost 7 years and could not be more disappointed in the preorder process. I placed my order at approx. 11:53 pm on September 11, and received a confirmation email at 11:54 confirming my 6 plus order. Shortly thereafter a charge for the full amount appeared on my credit card and I was excited. In a week's time I would be enjoying my new gadget that I woke up very early to PREORDER. Fast forward to today and I am seeing hundreds of people from other carriers including AT&T posting about receiving their new gadgets on time the majority of them ordering theirs after me. How could that be? It says first come first served but surely they didn't order before me. I'm seeing with my own eyes what time they ordered. Why am I a premier customer? I am currently in the United States Navy as you probably have already seen from my email address. Why am I having to wait an extra week, two weeks, month for a phone that I clearly ordered before others? Is your system broken? Did I do something wrong? What is the cause of all of this disappointment that AT&T has shown to it's loyal customer? I am going on deployment the middle of next month for the next 6 months protecting the freedoms that you and millions of others take advantage of every day. Why am I not able to enjoy watching movies while I lay in my rack on my new device while I am out to sea? Can you answer any of these questions for me? You probably have lost a long time customer of AT&T because of this. Don't promise something that you aren't able to fulfil.......

A very disapointed sailor and AT&T "premier" customer

cyberghos

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
LOL!!!

So tell me flynnst0ne...if you go to a restaurant and people are seated before you...tell me how you feel???? It's just food!!!

Happens to me all the time, but figure I am a minority and learn to suck it up. Never upset ever since. My Iphone is at my door steps now....

Vstrok

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014

you will get nowhere with that. things like this happen all the time - customer A receives before customer B, but customer B ordered BEFORE customer A. However, it is in a much smaller scale, and isn't making international headlines like the iPhones do. The only thing you could do is report to the BBB, but that still is going a little far. Are we inconvenienced, yes. Does it suck, yes. But things could be much worse man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.