Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CAlleman

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Still waiting, waiting, waiting as well

6+ SG 64GB Orlando
3:30AM EST "Preorder"

No Apple Stores nearby have received any 64GB in any color since Friday - so all I can do is wait either way

I still feel like AT&T put me timeout for my Tweets about them lol

And I really can't believe that no major news outlet has picked up this story about the preorder debacle yet. Sadly AT&T is going to just sweep these issues under the carpet and carry on business as usual while all of us orphans wait and wait and wait for our turn

no25

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009

Attachments

• original.png
    original.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 970

TINOBRUNO01

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Nah i am sure apple sent one plane there with 200,000 phones for the 10 million more pre-orders they took this week globally. They will be fine, just like us.

I hope :) . I really can't handle this for another 20 days if it really goes to the end of our shipping estimate 10/02-10/12

burntice

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Those phones have to be unloaded, scanned, transfer to their new plane, wait for loading, loaded and flown to either TX or Tenn. Then unloaded, scanned, loaded on trucks, probably end up at a UPS/Fedex processing center, unloaded, scanned, reloaded and taken to ATT.

Then scanned again, sorted, and finally processed for accounts and shipments.

Probably wont see them start shipping to later today/night or tomorrow to be honest.

Booo... Hope that aint true...

If I have to go through another weekend without my phone i most likely will not want it any longer.

That is a lie but my wife will most likely put me up in the hotel to refresh the screens on all my devices to check shipping status and pace back and forth.

The only good thing is I have yet to run into someone with + in public of course they are probably hiding them just like I will for the next month.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
We were just at a birthday party a couple of days ago and mourning the shots that turned out blurry that we knew the faster autofocus on the 6 series would have gotten. I don't know that OIS will make a huge difference for us, but the faster autofocus should help.

The longer we wait, the more I question my order. I've always loved space gray and in the photos it was spectacular....but in person it was not my fave this time around. I find myself regretting, of all stupid and shallow things, the color choice! And while there's no doubt my middle aged eyes love that Plus screen more, imagining myself as an active mom trying to carry that thing in a purse and fetch it out for a spontaneous photo op makes me think the 6 might be a better option for me. It's not that much more pocketable, but a holster for it is going to be a more reasonable size than one for the Plus.

But it's not likely I'll be a "runaway" to a gold or silver 6. My nine year old is coming down with the flu I just recovered from a few days ago and my husband is starting to wonder if he's coming down with it, too. I'm not going to be dragging anyone down to the AT&T store or Apple Store anytime soon.

So I wait...

I do have tons of work I need to be getting on with. But visiting this thread and my order page is a bit of a madness. Last week when I was bedridden it was a habit I got into and it's hard to break.

Last edited:

TINOBRUNO01

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I would like to be the first to welcome our new 15 million Global iPhone 6 Plus friends that pre-ordered and will be joining us in waiting tomorrow!

:(

JustAnApple

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
NYC
:mad: I think it's pretty ridiculous that we haven't gotten our phones yet, but they are ready to release globally. Really Apple really !?!? :mad:

TINOBRUNO01

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
If those 15 million Pre-orders for the Global iPhone 6 Plus release tomorrow get fulfilled before mine I literally may go postal.

However it is going to happen because I can't see Apple not delivery a single phone to their new Global customers.

lukebrodyg

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
I thought we would see a surge in shipments today but nope. Which lends more credence to the global launch hoarding of any 6+ supplies.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
We were just at a birthday party a couple of days ago...

That was the edited version??? <just kidding>. I hope you are all well soon.

I use my iPhone as my camera so upgrades to me are primarily for camera improvement. Personally I recommend the slightly larger size and any awkwardness that comes with it to get that last bit of camera performance. You only have one nine year old's birthday, then only 10 year old's birthday, etc.

So to the general forum, is the camera on the 6 noticeably better than the 5s? I followed a link and saw a comparison of about 10 pictures from about six different phones and the 5S and 6 were a little better but the 6 Plus was much better <changed from not noticeable>.

Edit: I found the link here.

Last edited:

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Just to confirm, we have some shipping estimates from launch pre-orders stretching all the way into Thanksgiving, and they'll be a global release this Friday to other countries. Awesome. I have reason to believe our shipping estimates will probably get pushed back even further. What's even worse is that the more they push to churn out these phones, the greater the chances of us receiving a faulty unit.

At this point I really don't know what was the point of me pre-ordering when I could have easily just gone to my local Apple store and picked one up.

To our global friends ready for the release this weekend, I welcome you with open harms. Have a seat, make yourself comfortable, you'll be here for a while.

HedgeKnight84

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
The reason they've been trickling out this week is probably because of the global release. I think they will continue to trickle out the way they've already been doing.

TINOBRUNO01

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
If those 15 million Pre-orders for the iPhone 6 Plus release tomorrow get fulfilled before mine I literally may go postal.

However it is going to happen because I can't see Apple not delivery a single phone to their new Global customers.

...... Still no one has received a single tracking update today? Not one single person?

. .. I'm out. Can't bare watching someone in Moscow get their iPhone 6 plus before me after they just pre-ordered two days ago

ShihTzuBreath

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Shipped!!

Just got my shipping notification!

6+ 64 SG shipping from Fort Worth. Expected delivery Wed. 9/24

Premier
ordered 2:06 am CST
Confirmation email at 2:26 am CST
text saying order was processed at 9 pm that night of 9/12

Changed from backordered to processing on the status when I called last night at about 9 pm.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
If those 15 million Pre-orders for the iPhone 6 Plus release tomorrow get fulfilled before mine I literally may go postal.

...... Still no one has received a single tracking update today? Not one single person?

. .. I'm out. Can't bare watching someone in Moscow get their iPhone 6 plus before me after the just pre-ordered two days ago

I'm pretty sure this will happen. I can't see Apple launching a global release empty handed. I admit as the days go by, I check my order status less and less. My only beef now is with my bill, as I'm pretty sure AT&T NEXT payments will be due very soon for a device I don't have and may not have for several weeks. I hope AT&T is working on a contingency backup plan, because I am not paying for a phone I don't have.

edit: nvm, just saw my new bill and the NEXT installment is not included. Lord knows when I'll see this phone.

heatherselway

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Just got my shipping notification!

6+ 64 SG shipping from Fort Worth. Expected delivery Wed. 9/24

Premier
ordered 2:06 am CST
Confirmation email at 2:26 am CST
text saying order was processed at 9 pm that night of 9/12

Changed from backordered to processing on the status when I called last night at about 9 pm.
Well that's a start I suppose.

jpkinfla

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
Melbourne, FL
My timestamp on my PDF is attached..

Ordered around 3:20AM EST, Premier
iphone 6+ SG 128gb
1019* order number
Still 10/2-10/13 ship date

Attachments

• datestamp.jpg
    datestamp.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 43
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.