Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovegoodnugz

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
hi weston,

Is there anyway I can order a 6+ back without the apple logo cutout? If it is possible, how do I go about doing that?

Also, I don't understand why a lot of these accessory companies only post renders of their products. Is there a reason for that? I understand that lighting takes a big part in how the product is portrayed, but I think real life macro shots are far better in demonstrating your product, which is clearly best in class with regard to skin wraps.

thanks, please let me know how to order a 6+ back without a cutout.

They come with the logo scored but not cutout. So when you peel it off it comes off as one piece unless you put concentrated effort to remove the apple logo

verity

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
Customer submitted photo.

Hi Weston, which one is this? The ebony or mahogany? The color looks closer to mahogany, but the website has a very different picture with horizontal pattern:

Attachments

• SW-AIP6-WSMAH-2.jpg
    SW-AIP6-WSMAH-2.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 144

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Hi Weston,

I pm you, did you recieve it?

Hey There,

Really sorry for the delay.

I just responded.

Weston

----------

Sent you a message. What's the best way of contacting you

Just replied. :)

Weston
Slickwraps

ah my edges didnt stick down as much as I thought I could, now they are coming off. :confused:

Aww. Could need a really good heat down. Try reheating and DM me afterwards.

This should never be an issue.

Weston
Slickwraps

Hi Weston,

Any updates re matt clear wrap. :)

Thanks
Sal

It's looking like after the 31st when the new website drops.

Some MacRumors subs have custom ordered them and are reporting great feedback. Hoping they post soon. :)

Thank You!
Weston
Slickwraps

----------

Hi Weston, which one is this? The ebony or mahogany? The color looks closer to mahogany, but the website has a very different picture with horizontal pattern:

This is Mahogany Wood. Little more red in real life, i'll post a photo of a demo unit I had weeks ago.

It's a very classy look IMO. Best Seller.

Weston
Slickwraps

4R0vHRK.jpg

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
Hey Weston,

I ordered the orange leather and it doesn;t have the apple logo cutout...

kowen14

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2011
Do any of these have a smooth feel to them. The black one I got has a texture. That red mahogany looks smooth

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Hey Weston,

I ordered the orange leather and it doesn;t have the apple logo cutout...

Hello,

It's there you can pop it out with ease "they are cutout". We've been leaving them in since iP4, due to the fact people may want the seamless look.

Weston
Slickwraps

----------

Do any of these have a smooth feel to them. The black one I got has a texture. That red mahogany looks smooth

3M does an amazing job by scanning in Real Mahogany. Making sure that the deep wood grain and pattern mimic Mahogany almost perfectly. In fact, one (1) single roll may not have the same repeat pattern as another.

Weston
Slickwraps

kowen14

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2011
Hey There,

Really sorry for the delay.

I just responded.

Weston

----------

Just replied. :)

Weston
Slickwraps

Aww. Could need a really good heat down. Try reheating and DM me afterwards.

This should never be an issue.

Weston
Slickwraps

It's looking like after the 31st when the new website drops.

Some MacRumors subs have custom ordered them and are reporting great feedback. Hoping they post soon. :)

Thank You!
Weston
Slickwraps

----------

This is Mahogany Wood. Little more red in real life, i'll post a photo of a demo unit I had weeks ago.

It's a very classy look IMO. Best Seller.

Weston
Slickwraps

Emailed you

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
This looks awesome. I just chatted with a rep, and said that they are making clear one soon so hopefully soon.

markol

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Just received the Gold Flake Ebony Wood for my iP6+.
Not the most perfect install, but I tried my best....accidently stretched the bottom left hand corner flap too much so doesn't cover fully....you can see it in the last picture.
However, overall a pretty easy install!

uoFsYuV.jpg

ASudmzY.jpg

CiTIaaQ.jpg

BAjxKQ9.jpg

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Thank You Weston And SlickWraps

Hi,

Ive been following this thread for sometime just like many other members of MacRumors. Placed an order for 3 sets of Clear Matt Wraps yesterday facilitated by Weston (they are not even available for sale online yet). After 2-3 hours of placing an order i received an email that my order has been shipped.
Now thats what i call an extraordinarily brilliant service. Slickwraps are lucky to have you Mr. Weston. Thanks for your time, effort, all the help and private messages etc etc. Top Top Lad.

Thanks
Sal

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
Just put on my beatiful carbon fiber wrap and it looks terrific. Not extremely happy with two of the corners but I don't know how the oops policy applies to someone who already returned one due to choosing poorly (who knew gunmetal would be so sparkly?).

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Any updates on dual tone and matte clear? When/how can we order

We're VERY close.

We just dropped the new Slickwraps.com website so now it's full steam ahead with tons of new styles and products.

Weston
Slickwraps

----------

Are there any specific materials that provide the most grip?

I would recommend Color Collection or Carbon Fiber

Let me know if you need anything else.

Weston
Slickwraps

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Just got the clear wrap today and applied it - boy is it finicky! Got it on fine though, looks lovely.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Thanks Bud.. Looks really nice.. How tricky was the back install.

Sal

Very different from anything I'm used to. Out of 10 I'd give it about a 4 or a 5 in terms of actual difficulty, but it was pretty angering to do and a little worrisome at times. From what I'm told they should be on sale in no less than a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.