Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imex99

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2009
Ohio
f09fd68a488e38203350675ee7112aa0.png

9b28d8828ed109640b31cf00a7a76e2c.png

FB app installed and used
7dfcc6b8a192f624e95b14a5d3bb94ab.png

Reactions: dianp

salzrat

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2015
First interesting news for me: I read on a local forum that people had success by changing the phone operator. Just putting in the SIM of another operator can change onscreen-time from max 3 hours (as I'm getting now on the 6s) to over 6 hours! And this not due to coverage problems, the idea is that there is some bug with the network provider settings...

Reactions: Potus325 and dianp

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
For many people it doesn't really affect battery life that much (unless they are constantly using it perhaps or potentially give it access to everything including location services always, microphone, etc.) nor has any other implications.

Facebook on my iPhone 7 Plus reduced battery life by over an hour.(Tried phone with and without it installed) .I have since taken to using the browser for Facebook

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
I have ios10.1 on an ipad air 2 and IPT6, on the ipad air so far so good, on the ipt6 i think 10.1 is a little battery improvement over 10.0.2.

But on the iphone 6s i still have 9.3.5 not upgrading to 10 untill i see good comments.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
I have ios10.1 on an ipad air 2 and IPT6, on the ipad air so far so good, on the ipt6 i think 10.1 is a little battery improvement over 10.0.2.

But on the iphone 6s i still have 9.3.5 not upgrading to 10 untill i see good comments.

Same here. Overall ios10 feels like battery hog.

I'm still on 9.3.5 too, waiting until this is fixed (if it's fixed)

Reactions: smorrissey

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm still on 9.3.5 too, waiting until this is fixed (if it's fixed)
What is "this" though? Many people aren't having battery issues. The reposts so far are more or less the typical ones that are there for any version and don't really mean something one way or another necessarily for others who will have their own experience basically.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
What is "this" though? Many people aren't having battery issues. The reposts so far are more or less the typical ones that are there for any version and don't really mean something one way or another necessarily for others who will have their own experience basically.

"This" is the inconsistency of 10 so far. I updated day 1, had nothing but issues with battery. I could watch it die 10% in minutes. I went back to 9. I was bored and randomly updated a week later, it seemed to work better but still not on the same level of 9. So now I'm back to 9 and I'll stay here until we are on 10.3.5 and it works, by then I'll have the new phone next year. iOS 10 doesn't offer anything new or useful to me that I NEED to have.... By the way, all times I've setup as new, had BAR off, and I have minimal apps that I need for daily use. No games, no messaging apps, no social media - facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, etc... There is literally no reason as to why my battery is dying faster except for an issue with 10. Until that is fixed I will stay on 9, especially since they stopped signing it now.
[doublepost=1477454477][/doublepost]
I was watching the Apple forums right now and many people (not all) still having battery issues with 10.1 sadly.

It's very inconsistent and that's why I say IF it is fixed. It only seems to effect 6S models from what I've read.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
"This" is the inconsistency of 10 so far. I updated day 1, had nothing but issues with battery. I could watch it die 10% in minutes. I went back to 9. I was bored and randomly updated a week later, it seemed to work better but still not on the same level of 9. So now I'm back to 9 and I'll stay here until we are on 10.3.5 and it works, by then I'll have the new phone next year. iOS 10 doesn't offer anything new or useful to me that I NEED to have.... By the way, all times I've setup as new, had BAR off, and I have minimal apps that I need for daily use. No games, no messaging apps, no social media - facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, etc... There is literally no reason as to why my battery is dying faster except for an issue with 10. Until that is fixed I will stay on 9, especially since they stopped signing it now.
[doublepost=1477454477][/doublepost]

It's very inconsistent and that's why I say IF it is fixed. It only seems to effect 6S models from what I've read.

No, there are people with iphone 7 and iphone 6 also being affected.

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
They are restoring from backups most likely and that's what their problem is.

I set my phone up as new and I was having battery drain issues on 10.0.2 that's why I tried beta also because I wanted the portrait feature for my 7 Plus lol. 10.1 Beta 5 has been pretty good for me in terms of battery and general usage. They still have that animation lag though which got so incredibly annoying I had to turn on reduce motion. Battery life is spectacular I always average over 6 hrs of usage and Standby is never an issue.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
I set my phone up as new and I was having battery drain issues on 10.0.2 that's why I tried beta also because I wanted the portrait feature for my 7 Plus lol. 10.1 Beta 5 has been pretty good for me in terms of battery and general usage. They still have that animation lag though which got so incredibly annoying I had to turn on reduce motion. Battery life is spectacular I always average over 6 hrs of usage and Standby is never an issue.

6 hours use on a 7 plus is kinda pathetic to be honest lol
[doublepost=1477459291][/doublepost]

Nothing there says they setup as new after a DFU restore

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
No, there are people with iphone 7 and iphone 6 also being affected.

... and SE . Apple just ruined iOS with version 10. If there would be 10-20% better battery stats I would be happy. However if your phone drains by night not 2% but 5-15% (random ) there is something wrong. Same goes to daily driver - it's like 30min - 1h worse SoT on SE. Always iTunes update after moving from 9.3.5 - 10 via iTunes. Brand new phone!!! ( only had like 70 cycles )

Now I am back to 9.3.5 and lol on how Apple is "fixing" software.
No OTA thanks to tvOS profile.

Glad to have normal messages, group by app notifications, well designed control panel and so on.

deano1972

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2016
United Kingdom
This is the thing though.. when iOS 10 is working how it should you don't get any battery drain on standby hardly.

My iPhone 7 has had issues since 10.0.2 .. loses 2% per hour if left on standby, other than that though the battery is very good and drops slowly while actually using the phone so the problem is software/firmware related somehow.

My iPhone 5s which is 3 years old and has 29% battery wear (which shows when your actually doing something on the phone) according to the battery life app hardly uses any battery at all on standby on ios10.1 .. here are the stats
IMG_0850.PNG

So as you can see it's possible to get a great standby out of iOS 10.1 when it's fault free. I just can't for the life of me work out why my iPhone 7 with a much better battery can't reproduce the standby performance.

Galacticos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2016
I've updated and charged my phone fully and after 1hr usage and 2.5hrs standby my battery just went to 97%. So I'll either get 33hrs usage or my battery has gone silly

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
iPhone 7 on iOS 10.1

This was last night, phone just went down to 49% when I took the first screenshot and I straight after locked the phone.

This morning as soon as I unlocked the phone I took the second shot, look at how much usage and battery overnight without the phone being touched.

This is getting to annoy me now as this is my 4th iP7, 1st one the screen went mad with lines on it, 2nd had a really uneven screen, dark on left side, 3rd had touch problems and now this. I don't really want to do a DFU restore as I have nearly 200gb of music on it.

IMG_0123.PNG
IMG_0125.PNG

Reactions: IsaiahL
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.