Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Best buy never has expected release or shipping dates like Amazon so you're wrong once again.

In fact a dozen other retailers don't usually show any date indication irregardless. Just like no one except B&H indicated that the BeatsX date got postponed.

Proven track record from one anecdotal evidence from you? How about me and everyone else's anecdotal evidence where Amazon has a great track record when it comes to estimating dates? Because in my experience amazon usually overestimates their shipping dates.

The world doesn't revolve around you and your evidence only, man. And we don't need the same one person in every thread being salty about one Amazon experience and repeating their one anecdotal evidence to "warn us"

I find this very amusing. I simply am sharing my experience with Amazon in which it is very similar to yours. I ordered a popular product, which amazon provided me a shipping date that they did not adhere to. That date came and gone, and I was all over their customer service trying to figure it out. I love amazon, I order from the constantly and they are always on time. My only time ever pre-ordering from them went haywire. And I believe you are about to meet the same fate.

I would think you guys being in the same boat as I once was, would want to get a heads up, but you seem to be angry im even suggesting it as an outcome. Again, very amused lol.

Also, I was there the entire time tracking the BeatsX on different sites. I contacted B&H, Fry's Electronics, and Adorama -- all said their "Apple contact" told them multiple ship dates, thats why all those sites touted different ship dates, and kept changing the ship dates as it got closer to december. Then when apple changed the date to february on their website, they all went to "coming soon" or "availability unknown" or "Coming February 6th" You want to know who didn't change anything and left their pre-order up? Amazon. :)

Also, I believe here in this thread, and one other thread only have I stated these "cautions". So what do you mean by "every thread"?

Reactions: nikster0029

AcountUserGuy

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2017
I find this very amusing. I simply am sharing my experience with Amazon in which it is very similar to yours. I ordered a popular product, which amazon provided me a shipping date that they did not adhere to. That date came and gone, and I was all over their customer service trying to figure it out. I love amazon, I order from the constantly and they are always on time. My only time ever pre-ordering from them went haywire. And I believe you are about to meet the same fate.

I would think you guys being in the same boat as I once was, would want to get a heads up, but you seem to be angry im even suggesting it as an outcome. Again, very amused lol.

Also, I was there the entire time tracking the BeatsX on different sites. I contacted B&H, Fry's Electronics, and Adorama -- all said their "Apple contact" told them multiple ship dates, thats why all those sites touted different ship dates, and kept changing the ship dates as it got closer to december. Then when apple changed the date to february on their website, they all went to "coming soon" or "availability unknown" or "Coming February 6th" You want to know who didn't change anything and left their pre-order up? Amazon. :)

Also, I believe here in this thread, and one other thread only have I stated these "cautions". So what do you mean by "every thread"?

Almost every thread with a BeatsX release and mention of Amazon pre-orders. We've heard your anecdotal evidence, you don't need to warn us like were children. Most of us like to discuss about our experiences as Amazon or other suppliers as they update their timeline; not have the same guy show up and tout his experience as more important than everyone else, and then getting salty and paternalistic when we call him out for making his experience seem more important than everyone else.

Yes, they changed their dates as it got closer to release to reflect it. Just like Amazon did. I've pre-ordered multiple products from Amazon. Very satisfied. Everyone else here seem excited. And just to reiterate I didn't even pre-order from Amazon, but I'm enjoying the enthusiasm from everyone except you about the product.

If they don't release it on time, that's okay. I'm not going to run around thread after thread ruining peoples enthusiasm with my anecdotal evidence. Especially not in the same smug way that you did.

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
I thought these were the way to go for me, but then I realized they are neck phones, although more elegant than most. So I went with Airpods.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Almost every thread with a BeatsX release and mention of Amazon pre-orders. We've heard your anecdotal evidence, you don't need to warn us like were children. Most of us like to discuss about our experiences as Amazon or other suppliers as they update their timeline; not have the same guy show up and tout his experience as more important than everyone else, and then getting salty and paternalistic when we call him out for making his experience seem more important than everyone else.

Yes, they changed their dates as it got closer to release to reflect it. Just like Amazon did. I've pre-ordered multiple products from Amazon. Very satisfied. Everyone else here seem excited. And just to reiterate I didn't even pre-order from Amazon, but I'm enjoying the enthusiasm from everyone except you about the product.

If they don't release it on time, that's okay. I'm not going to run around thread after thread ruining peoples enthusiasm with my anecdotal evidence. Especially not in the same smug way that you did.

Ahhh there it is. I'm ruining your enthusiasm. Lol.

Ok sorry, like I already said in my previous post, I hope you get your headphones on their promised date. And if you do, I will eat dog food.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
BB still says coming soon on website and Apple says coming February.

No rush but they should have better noise isolation (easily done since Airpods offer none), good battery life, w1, etc etc.

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
I get your point, but you are also wrong. Those macbook's were available directly from apple's online store on launch. No stores had them for sale prior to their online store launch date. No matter what idiot at the wheel, they are too greedy to not have more traffic to their own store first.

also i assume you mean the 2015 macbook 12" (there was not a 2014 model)

No, the online stores were 2-3 months wait, Best Buy had them. The same was true for the Apple Watch, the current MBP, etc. It's been a literal garbage show. You can try and spin it or justify it as much as you want, but the reality is Best Buy Stores have had many products before Apple Stores lately. But blindly defend, whatever.

And yes, the 2015 not 2014, that was a mis-type. However I'm sure you knew exactly what I was talking about because there has only been one 12" Macbook released in recent history, so you're just trying to argue for the sake.
[doublepost=1485196107][/doublepost]
Why are you telling me to calm down? lol, did I offend you or something?

Look, my presence in this thread is to warn others not to get their hopes up as I had a similar purchasing experience with Amazon. Best buy (their favorite retailer) doesn't have any indications of pre-order. Apple.com store still showing a February date. A dozen other retailers not showing shipment of any kind till february (or unknown), then we have Amazon, a seller who's proven their inconsistencies with shipping dates. The odds are not in your favor good sir.

But alas, we both are speculating, because neither one of us work for amazon or apple. So I hope you guys get your beatsX in January as promised.

Seriously, who cares? Amazon doesn't charge until they ship, so there's zero downside to having the order sit there and hope for the best. I wish I would have pre-ordered.

I know you seem to blindly defend Apple and bash Amazon, but honestly between Apple and Amazon, I trust Amazon's fulfillment a hell of a lot more than Apple lately. Apple has been plagued with overpromising and underdelivering lately, and their model seems misguided and non-communicative. Not sure what's going on at Apple (or not going on), but they used to be so good about sticking to timelines, making shipping and release timeframes, and now it seems like if they say a date, you add two months before it's reality. Sad.
[doublepost=1485196506][/doublepost]

For what it's worth, I often order stuff from Amazon, and they promise a date, then I get a notice and it ships and delivers 2-3 days before their promised delivery date. How's that guy going to defend that? My anecdotal evidence (experience) counters his. He'll probably just tell me I don't know anything. LOL

Amazon is a reseller. They only can post dates which they're told by their suppliers. Apple hasn't changed their date, which leads me to believe they had a rough guesstimate as to when they'd be ready. Amazon has entire teams that communicate with suppliers on a minute by minute\hour by hour\day by day basis to get the best estimate as possible, and update delivery dates accordingly. Given those in here have reported the Amazon date has moved around several times, I tend to believe Amazon is a bit more on top of staying current with info on their site vs Apple's site. But hey, tell stories about how Amazon screwed you a couple times in the past, that must be the reason people rave about their amazing fulfillment process.

Reactions: AcountUserGuy

AcountUserGuy

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2017
Ahhh there it is. I'm ruining your enthusiasm. Lol.

Ok sorry, like I already said in my previous post, I hope you get your headphones on their promised date. And if you do, I will eat dog food.

Please learn how to read, I didn't pre-order it from Amazon. I mentioned it at least 3 times in this thread. You can be salty about your experiences or you can learn how to read, doing both is too much for one person.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Please learn how to read, I didn't pre-order it from Amazon. I mentioned it at least 3 times in this thread. You can be salty about your experiences or you can learn how to read, doing both is too much for one person.

Why are you so mad. I am genuinely curious LOL

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Why are you so persistent that your singular experience is the norm for all experiences for everyone? You've said your opinion. Move on.

If you guys think for one second that amazon will deliver before apple has them for sale, you are more gullible than i thought

I can't WAIT to come back in here when that day comes. Its gonna feel so good ;)

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
If you guys think for one second that amazon will deliver before apple has them for sale, you are more gullible than i thought

I can't WAIT to come back in here when that day comes. Its gonna feel so good ;)

My 2015 Macbook 12" was bought in store at BBY before APL Store ever had a single unit in stock.

My 2016 Macbook Pro TB was bought in store at BBY before APL Store ever had a single unit in stock.

But yeah, I can't ever imagine a third party ever having stock before an Apple Store. LOL

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
My 2015 Macbook 12" was bought in store at BBY before APL Store ever had a single unit in stock.

My 2016 Macbook Pro TB was bought in store at BBY before APL Store ever had a single unit in stock.

But yeah, I can't ever imagine a third party ever having stock before an Apple Store. LOL
Lmao. Do you even know what the apple online store is? Its apple.com just FYI. And i remember when the TB mbp's went live on the website, bestbuy had them NOWHERE. So why are you lying to support your delusional hopes that amazon maybe following suit. Oh nevermind, I see why. lol
[doublepost=1485271169][/doublepost]
My mistake, calm down bro, just a simple mistake. Take a chill pill!
How about I raise the roof instead. Word to ya motha!

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
Lmao. Do you even know what the apple online store is? Its apple.com just FYI. And i remember when the TB mbp's went live on the website, bestbuy had them NOWHERE. So why are you lying to support your delusional hopes that amazon maybe following suit. Oh nevermind, I see why. lol
[doublepost=1485271169][/doublepost]
How about I raise the roof instead. Word to ya motha!

Your posts seem very off. I'm not lying. I have no skin in the game, I didn't preorder from Amazon, I've simply pointed out my experience the last few product launches where BBY has gotten them before any of the 20 something Apple Stores in the area. Apple Store is a website and a retail presence. Generally people refer to the website as Apple.com or Apple Store Online, and I've made it very clear to you that I've referred to the retail store, as I've said it numerous times. Since you feel the need to insult instead of contribute anything productive, goodbye! Like several others already have in this thread, your replies are now invisible. I tried to engage in a productive conversation, but you seem infatuated with arguing for the sake of arguing. Welcome to my block list.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Your posts seem very off. I'm not lying. I have no skin in the game, I didn't preorder from Amazon, I've simply pointed out my experience the last few product launches where BBY has gotten them before any of the 20 something Apple Stores in the area. Apple Store is a website and a retail presence. Generally people refer to the website as Apple.com or Apple Store Online, and I've made it very clear to you that I've referred to the retail store, as I've said it numerous times. Since you feel the need to insult instead of contribute anything productive, goodbye! Like several others already have in this thread, your replies are now invisible. I tried to engage in a productive conversation, but you seem infatuated with arguing for the sake of arguing. Welcome to my block list.

Lol if you follow the chain, I have only replied to you if you directed your posts at me. Never the other way around. So how am I infatuated with arguing?

Let this serve as a reminder to your other buddy who is trying to argue with me as well. I think i've made my point. Carry on.

knux11

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
Geez guys, can you please give it a rest? I keep coming in here hoping to find some news ...
right. I thought this was 2 pages of news. Instead it's 2 pages of bickering. One of you just be the bigger man and stop.

IMO the complainer did make a good point about Amazon, with them having their little war over the Roku/Apple TV. If anyone got them early, i wouldn't expect it to be them. but who cares. Until someone has them in hand there's nothing to argue about.

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
My status says "shipping soon" and under carrier it says "we're preparing your order "

Still says expected by January 27

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
hello its me "the complainer". You won't get your beatsx like I said. The majority of you will end calling amazon, or online chatting them like I had to do when I preordered my google wifi 3 pack. But I feel like a broken record.

Anyway, you guys should still be happy. You are the first ones to get your BeatsX when they actually do release!

slingshott

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2017
What's the big deal with these things? I thought we'd moved onto 'truly wireless' bluetooth earphones? $150 is asking a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.