Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
The case really is not bad after you know the proper way to put them in the case, I actually like it for the small size and they fit right in my pocket without adding bulk that sticks out.
Yea, not a fan of silicon, but saw a couple of youtube videos that really help.

Reactions: edlex

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
Got mine yesterday, I went for the blue.
The pairing is super simple and fast and after I connected them with the iPhone they were available on the Mac. I didn't try with Apple TV but I'm confident they'll work just fine.
Battery life is good, I'm still at 90% after about 45 minutes of usage so it should match the 8 hours they advertise. Charging is really fast, this morning in half an hour I charged them completely from about 50%, I didn't try fast yet.
I've been using EarPods for years during commute and making phone calls on the street and they don't offer enough isolation, that's why I went for the BeatsX. If they'll make in ears AirPods in the future I may buy them.
I immediately got used to the cable, is not too long and the magnets are a great idea since my BeatsX rests on my neck and I can quickly put them on to answer a call. I also love the convenience of the volume buttons, something I'd miss with AirPods.
The major downside I have to report is the power button, I have an hard time finding it and powering up the BeatsX.

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
Does anyone else get a buzzing/beeping sound in their left earbud after connecting the headphones? It's a consistent blip blip blip blip blip thing after I pair, and generally before I play music. But if I'm using it with a laptop, and not playing music constantly, the sound can be really annoying.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
Does anyone else get a buzzing/beeping sound in their left earbud after connecting the headphones? It's a consistent blip blip blip blip blip thing after I pair, and generally before I play music. But if I'm using it with a laptop, and not playing music constantly, the sound can be really annoying.

I hear a sound every time they pair with the iPhone/Mac, but is lasts for about a second and only the first time I switch them on in the morning or pair them with the Mac.

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
Yeah, there's the connection "music" thing, that lasts about a second. I'm talking about a noise/buzz/beeping *after* that, that definitely isn't music. This persists until I play music for a few seconds, then it goes away.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
Yeah, there's the connection "music" thing, that lasts about a second. I'm talking about a noise/buzz/beeping *after* that, that definitely isn't music. This persists until I play music for a few seconds, then it goes away.

Sounds like a bug to me. Does it happen when pairing one specific device, say the laptop or a phone?

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
Happens with at least two devices (my iPhone 6s and MBPr). Only really noticed it recently, but I wasn't really checking for it before.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I never power them off during the day and I noticed there isn't a huge difference in battery drain if I make a lot of calls or not.
I have 42% left and I powered them on about 8 hours ago, but I think calls and podcasts count for about 2 hours. Yesterday I made a lot more calls and I had a similar level of battery left during the afternoon.
I think they ought to handle the idle time better.

Reactions: decafjava

directalsu

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2017
I have a similar impression of battery life. The headset will discharge during the day to 40-50%, even without any calls / music at all.

macmyworld

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone having problems registering their Beats? I get the website is having technical difficulties every time I try. I want to get my Apple Music credit.

kevman8396

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2016
Maryland / USA
I tried wearing the Beats X without the Wingtips and in opposite ears. I found that it seemed to actually create a tighter fit and the bass was more pronounced. Has anyone else tried wearing them in the opposite ears?

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
They sound balanced, but not fantastic. They're solid for the price range. I'd rather have a bassy sound for runs. Considering a swap for PowerBeats3, but I'd much rather wait for a redesigned PB4.

Mcflip78

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Best Buy had the same sale so I picked up a pair yesterday.
It came with the 3-month Apple Music card but the site to register it seems to be down.
The card says visit www.beatsbydre.com/register. It just says they are having problems and to try again later. Still down this morning.

I picked these up at Best Buy yesterday to take advantage of the sale. The sound is decent but it's not all that great. They are very comfortable and do a great job of staying in my ear especially with the supplied wing tips.

For $129, it's a decent buy and are probably one of the better Bluetooth earbuds out there along with the jaybirds x3. I had the jaybirds x3 before but returned them due to the annoying separate charger. The fast charging, w1 chip and lightning cable charging of the beatsx I thought were the deal-breaker.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I just tried BeatX and Powerbeat3 at a store and wasn't impressed. The wire is still annoying, even with shorter wire on Powerbeat so I guess I have to live without sound isolation and goes with AirPods (when they're available .. sigh ..).

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
I have found the BeatsX to be the most comfortable and best fitting pair of Bluetooth headphones I have tried. They sound pretty good too.

Has anyone been able to redeem the 3-month Apple Music code yet? Now the registration form loads for me but after I fill everything out and submit it I get the error page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.