Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Black Friday sales below have been updated to reflect ongoing sales this weekend

While Black Friday has officially, ended, may offers continue through the weekend into Cyber Monday.

iPad Deals

Best Buy is still discounting its entire stock of iPad Air 2 tablets by $100, which is the best deal available on Apple's newest iPad. The $100 discount applies to all colors and capacities, and brings the price of the 16GB WiFi-only iPad Air 2 down to $399.

Best Buy is also discounting all of its iPad mini 3 stock by $75, dropping the price of the 16GB entry-level WiFi-only model to $324. Shoppers looking for an especially good deal may want to check out Best Buy's supply of iPad mini 2 tablets, some of which are discounted by $75 to $100.

targetblackfriday.jpg
For those unable to shop at Best Buy, Target is also offering a solid deal on the iPad Air 2, providing a $140 Target gift card with any iPad Air 2 purchase (prices start at $499). Target is also offering $100 gift cards with the purchase of the iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and original iPad Air in all colors and capacities.

Mac Deals

Best Buy, B&H Photo, and MacMall are offering solid deals on Apple's range of MacBooks, iMacs, and Mac minis, and Mac Pros.

Best Buy:

Best Buy, for example, is selling the low-end 21.5-inch 1.4Ghz/8GB/500GB iMac for $899, a $200 discount and the lowest price we've seen on the machine. The retailer also has select MacBook Air and Retina MacBook Pro computers for $150 off.

- 13.3-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro - $899.99, $200 off
- 21.5-inch 1.4GHz/8GB/500GB iMac - $899.99, $200 off
- 11.6-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/128GB MacBook Air - $779.99, $120 off
- 13.3-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB MacBook Air - $1,049.99, $150 off
- 13.3-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/256GB Retina MacBook Pro - $1,349.99, $150 off
- 27-inch 3.2GHz/8GB/1TB iMac - $1,649.99, $150 off

B&H Photo

B&H Photo has a $200 discount on the new 3.5GHz/8GB/1TB 5K Retina iMac, dropping the cost down to $2,299, the lowest price we've seen yet. The site also has the 6-core 3.5GHz/16GB/256GB Mac Pro for $3,499, a discount of $500, and the 15-inch 2.2GHz/16GB/256GB Retina MacBook Pro for $1,699.99, a discount of $300.

- Retina iMac 3.5GHz/8GB/1TB - $2299 ($200 off)
- 13.3" MacBook Air 4GB/128GB - $889 ($110 off)
- 3.5GHz Mac Pro - $3,499 ($500 off)
- 15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.2/16GB/256GB - $1699 ($300 off)

MacMall:

MacMall has activated their CyberMonday deals which lasts through Monday with modest deals on Macs and iPads.

Other Deals

Many retailers are also offering deals on an array of Apple products, with Beats headphones being a popular discount item. Many stores are also offering iPod touches, Apple TVs, fitness accessories, and more at low prices, and a list of deals is located in the roundup.

Online Retailers

- Speck - 25 percent off many of its iPhone cases
- Casetify - exclusive 25 percent off discount site wide with the discount code MACRUMORS.

iTunes Gift Cards

- $100 iTunes Gift Card Multipack - $79.47, $20.53 off
- $50 iTunes Gift Card - $39.98, $10 off

Software

- Fantastical for the iPad, iPhone, and iPad are available at the lowest prices of the year,
- Adobe Elements 13 discounted by 40 percent.
- WALTR - exclusive 49 percent off discount for MacRumors readers
- Pixelmator - 50 percent off ($14.99)

- AppShopper - running of discounts on iOS and Mac apps

Our Black Friday roundup will be updated throughout Thursday and Friday, so make sure to keep an eye on it for the best Apple deals this holiday season.

MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these retailers.

Article Link: Black Friday Weekend: Best Deals on Macs, iPads, iPhones, Apps, and Apple Accessories

Stephroll

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2014
$100 GC on an ipad mini 2 at Target looks nice .Makes it $200.Price of an iPod Touch

or $300 for an iPad Air

sphoenix

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2008
Any recommendations for UK shoppers? $75 off an iPad mini 2 (at $299) would be equivalent to about £130 here. Bargain!

rickdollar

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2007
FWIW, the price of the 16GB Mini 2 at Best Buy is incorrect. It's $299. No discount. Maybe on Friday?

Last edited:

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
I just bought my iPhone 6+ at an Apple store last week. Would I be able to go in and get a $50 GC since I'm still within the return period?

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
I just bought my iPhone 6+ at an Apple store last week. Would I be able to go in and get a $50 GC since I'm still within the return period?

I did it last year with my rMBP.... They price matched BestBuy a week later. Just go in and ask.

michelleeris

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2007
AZ
Don't forget Apple

Apple has a $50 discount (actually a gift card, but it can be used towards the purchase) on the iPad on Black Friday (in the USA; I don't know about elsewhere).

Plus you can trade in your old iPad (16Gb iPad Air can get $240) for a gift card that can also be used towards the purchase—this is not a Black Friday deal; you can get it any time.

That comes to $290 off the price of the iPad.

There are similar discounts and trade-ins for other hardware items.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The internet turns into a giant billboard for Black Friday.

I was thinking it's high time for Apple to introduce some fun back into the Mac lineup. Remember the original iMac and iBook? Now, Macs are sleek, but not fun.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Apple has a $50 discount (actually a gift card, but it can be used towards the purchase) on the iPad on Black Friday (in the USA; I don't know about elsewhere).

Plus you can trade in your old iPad (16Gb iPad Air can get $240) for a gift card that can also be used towards the purchase—this is not a Black Friday deal; you can get it any time.

That comes to $290 off the price of the iPad.

There are similar discounts and trade-ins for other hardware items.

Apple's Black Friday sale includes an iTunes gift card this year, rather than an Apple Store gift card.

https://www.macrumors.com/2014/11/24/apple-back-friday-red/

JeffDM

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2006
MacMall uses Silverlight? What's wrong with them? It seems they use Flash too. They could use one or the other without needing both.

Last edited:

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
It's Friday in New Zealand already but our stores haven't changed yet. Shame we have to wait until Saturday for America to 'catch up'.

Nothing, nada, ziltch for Black Friday in the UK and throughout Europe.

Apple is proving yet again to be US-centric on so many of its services and marketing, even though Europe is a bigger market.

I was going to buy a couple of MBAs tomorrow with the justification that it was a good deal. Now I won't.

cerebrix1

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2014

Apple is proving yet again to be US-centric on so many of its services and marketing, even though Europe is a bigger market.

I was going to buy a couple of MBAs tomorrow with the justification that it was a good deal. Now I won't.

lmao seriously?

you do realize thanksgiving in the united states is a celebration of the first feast settlers that fled the UK (or were forced to leave depending on your perspective) had with the native american indians after arriving here right?

Wikipedia said:
In the United States, the modern Thanksgiving holiday tradition is commonly, but not universally, traced to a poorly documented 1621 celebration at Plymouth in present-day Massachusetts. The 1621 Plymouth feast and thanksgiving was prompted by a good harvest. Pilgrims and Puritans who began emigrating from England in the 1620s and 1630s carried the tradition of Days of Fasting and Days of Thanksgiving with them to New England.

what would they call it in the uk? a good riddance sale?

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States

They may change that but Black Friday is really an "After Thanksgiving" sale and Thanksgiving is a U.S. national holiday and celebrated in the U.S.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
FWIW, the price of the 16GB Mini 2 at Best Buy is incorrect. It's $299. No discount. Maybe on Friday?

This deal may have ended already, removed from the post for now. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like some cellular models are still discounted.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Wrong to have people working today except emergency services. People should refuse to shop and boycott today.

cerebrix1

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2014
Wrong to have people working today except emergency services. People should refuse to shop and boycott today.

while i agree with you in spirit, as a guy that worked many black fridays in electronics. i have mixed feelings.

generally in electronics, you're lucky to get 25 hours a week. seriously, thats lucky. so black friday allowed me to make a bit more money for xmas which always helped (or get caught up on bills i was behind on).

also, with more and more people showrooming, its one of the only opportunities retail has to make up for the losses from it from jan-nov.

you need to understand that something has to give in the math department thats still not a guarantee of a business' success either. just look at macmall. despite good deals all the time, good deals on black friday, plus the added value of free classes, free local delivery etc... they still fell on their face in the retail space when they tried to push into it.

with bezos being so relentless with margins, retail locations have to either make up the gap with black friday sales, or close all their retail locations to stay competitive with places like amazon.

so when you call for that boycott, just be clear, you're calling for all your favorite stores to lay off all their retail employees and close their retail locations.

just food for thought.

Moopy Sac

macrumors member
May 29, 2003
while i agree with you in spirit, as a guy that worked many black fridays in electronics. i have mixed feelings.

generally in electronics, you're lucky to get 25 hours a week. seriously, thats lucky. so black friday allowed me to make a bit more money for xmas which always helped (or get caught up on bills i was behind on).

also, with more and more people showrooming, its one of the only opportunities retail has to make up for the losses from it from jan-nov.

you need to understand that something has to give in the math department thats still not a guarantee of a business' success either. just look at macmall. despite good deals all the time, good deals on black friday, plus the added value of free classes, free local delivery etc... they still fell on their face in the retail space when they tried to push into it.

with bezos being so relentless with margins, retail locations have to either make up the gap with black friday sales, or close all their retail locations to stay competitive with places like amazon.

so when you call for that boycott, just be clear, you're calling for all your favorite stores to lay off all their retail employees and close their retail locations.

just food for thought.

Is it Friday where you are posting this?

Aeroplay

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2014
I think you got the Best Buy iPhone 6 deal wrong. In the ad scans posted online, it clearly (with smaller font) says that "and use of trade in gift card". So you have to trade in your iPhone for a gift card (minimum value of $100), then you can use it for the iPhone purchase to reduce it to $99 at the minimum. So if your not trading an iPhone you won't get it for the $99 price. Looks like the only good deal is Sams club. I wish Costco had a similar offer.

Attachments

• BB_iphone_6.jpg
    BB_iphone_6.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 159

Hawk999

macrumors member
May 1, 2014
Eindhoven, the Netherlands

lmao seriously?

you do realize thanksgiving in the united states is a celebration of the first feast settlers that fled the UK (or were forced to leave depending on your perspective) had with the native american indians after arriving here right?

what would they call it in the uk? a good riddance sale?

He was not talking about thanksgiving but about Black Friday. We Europeans did have a Black Friday discount last year. I got a 100 € discount on my iMac.

This is disappointing.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014

just food for thought.

Thanks for your point of view. Reality is a bitch sometimes I guess. I just think it would be so nice of once in a while everyone could just pause and be a little contemplative, be with family is so lucky, and be thankful and grateful to be here and alive. Thanksgiving and Christmas were that until recently. Now even those two small days out of an entire year have been sucked away from us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.