Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
I'm thinking this will be similar to last year's iPhone 5s/5c release: the 4.7" can be pre-ordered on the 12th, while the 5.5" can be ordered on the 19th. We'll know for sure tomorrow!

gagaliya

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
the 4.7 will be like the 5C - noone is going to buy it. Everyone will be going for the 5.5, why would you want 4.7 when you can have 5.5?

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
I'm thinking this will be similar to last year's iPhone 5s/5c release: the 4.7" can be pre-ordered on the 12th, while the 5.5" can be ordered on the 19th. We'll know for sure tomorrow!

That is exactly what I was thinking. That would be great news for me since I want the 4,7" iPhone..

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
No one will buy the 4.7? Seriously? Have you not been reading the posts on here? Many MR members seem to think that a 5.5 is just too big.

I doubt either phone will be 'like the 5c.'

PrinceAJ

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2014
Here Iphone Air Case Official !!

air.jpg what do you think about that ;)

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
No one will buy the 4.7? Seriously? Have you not been reading the posts on here? Many MR members seem to think that a 5.5 is just too big.

I doubt either phone will be 'like the 5c.'

I agree. I think/hope one size won't be advantageous in terms of specs and features over the other. It would make sense for Apple to keep them the same hardware-wise, similar to the iPad mini and iPad Air; same specs, different screen sizes.

BD1

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
Other than last year for the 5s, has Apple usually allowed preordering for the new iPhone?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Eh. At least prior to their official announcements, Apple does the opposite of hype. They say almost nothing.

----------

This is "hype?" Not by any definition I know.

I can't remember the last time the entire front page of Apple's website was taken over by a countdown to a special event. Based on what Cook has done in the past I'm inclined to think this event will be huge and it's not just hype.

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
Any idea if we might be able to buy it unlocked on launch day? What has been the trend with iphone 5 and 5S? Is T-Mobile support expected on launch?

I believe T-Mobile support is expected at launch. Which means so is factory unlocked.

Last edited:

doomfront

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I am actually leaning the other way. I have always been iphone, (well since the first version) but ever since the loss of Steve Jobs I feel like Apple is playing catch-up. Doesn't seem to be anything new coming for the iphone. The iphone was the leader and no one could even compare, but now things have changed and I might test the waters so to speak. I still love my 2 ipads, my macbook pro and my macpro, so I am not an "apple hater" by any means. I am just disappointed with lack of fresh ideas coming from the new leadership. Give me something to be excited about besides a bigger screen that is still lower resolution than what is already out there.

That's why competition is an incredible thing. I've been with Android since Eclair, huge developments since then. If ios doesn't impress me it'll make my choice much easier next year, especially with more manufacturers making really good Android phones other than just Samsung

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland
I can't imagine them staggering the release of the two models. If the 5.5" is in short supply, people will just wait longer and build more hype for the less available model. Many may also just end up buying the 4.7" because it'll suit their needs just fine.

Does anyone have an idea, based on past releases, when an unlocked iPhone 6 will be available? A month or more?

chrisbru

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2008
Austin, TX
That picture doesn't account for the fact that the top/bottom bezels on 6 are equivalent to to the 5 in size. So it actually might be taller than the note.

Damn... I was hoping that picture knew something I didn't lol. I played with a Note 3 and Galaxy S4 over lunch - I can handle the S4, but if it's as big as the Note 3 or bigger, not a chance.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Larger one 5.5 inches costing half the rates of the Smaller one 4.7 inches!?

Are you sure?
I think he meant the larger one would be shipped at half the volume of the smaller one. So if your hearing is starting to go, you should definitely get the smaller one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.