Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Just a reminder, that tent is a member of MR so we should be nice :cool:

If Jeffrey Dahmer was a member here would that matter?

Rising internet celebrity cracked me up.. I love his self written PR.

Now then.. any bets on walmart letting them go at midnight? The story says that the user was (mis)informed but doesn't state walmart's policy. I'm guessing they are in system lockout until 5pm/

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
Uhh, because he's an internet celebrity. :D

PERSONALLY, I want to jump onto his tent while he is in it tonight and just beat the ever living crap out of him and take his spot so his day is ruined and he doesn't get his precious iPad tomorrow! I'd love to see if that would make it on the news. There is just something about that dude that just really pisses me off!

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
So what? I don't even know this lady Gaga is, let alone that Justin Bieber kid. I am happy to have never ever heard any of the songs they kind of sing. I've never heard names of some less known "celebrities" of these days, because they don't pop into my search results obnoxiously. The internets are full of them, and I don't give a piece of excrement.

I think the state of someone being a celebrity or not is within the mind of observer.

My previous statement was sarcastic.

PERSONALLY, I want to jump onto his tent while he is in it tonight and just beat the ever living crap out of him and take his spot so his day is ruined and he doesn't get his precious iPad tomorrow! I'd love to see if that would make it on the news. There is just something about that dude that just really pisses me off!

Chill. He's harmless.

;) Many people didn't get the joke.

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
I will not be surprised if people are able to buy them before 5pm, especially from Walmart. I sure hope Apple doesn't keep doing this waiting-til-5pm thing for all their product launches. I can see holding off the online ordering until the same day (to make the lines a bit longer). They must have a good reason for doing it.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
I guess you've never been to the USSR or the first 10 years of exUSSR where there were lines for light bulbs and toilet paper. And no, that was not iToilet iPaper, just your ordinary single layer cardboard-gray hard paper in rolls.

The lines for iThings are to me reminiscent to those old, hardly good, times.

He asked why anyone would wait when things were easily available and you compared it to a communist bread line to avoid starvation.

EL Oh EL

jafd

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2010

Well he has trolled you, admit it.

But, you can always jump forwards in line to get there before him and claim to have no knowledge whatsoever about him booking the number one placement, thinking that the tent belonged to some smelly tramp who had no better place to sleep than near the store.

Better yet, bring along a dozen of friends so that they can affirm they don't know the guy, make surprised face and make him go to the end of the line.

My congrats to anyone wishing to actually make this performance. Sorry I'm too far from the U.S. to hand beers if he actually cries in despair.

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007

But, you can always jump forwards in line to get there before him and claim to have no knowledge whatsoever about him booking the number one placement, thinking that the tent belonged to some smelly tramp who had no better place to sleep than near the store.

Better yet, bring along a dozen of friends so that they can affirm they don't know the guy, make surprised face and make him go to the end of the line.

My congrats to anyone wishing to actually make this performance. Sorry I'm too far from the U.S. to hand beers if he actually cries in despair.

hahahahah, I like your thinking sir!!

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010

You know, this is completely doable for me. I live in Dallas - the city where iJustin is camping out for iPad 2!

When do you think apple.com placed orders will ship and be received? Monday or Tuesday?

Crossing my fingers for Monday.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
I'm not trying to stir up the hornet's nest, but why in the world is MacRumors putting up that Justin dude's tent picture again?

Did anyone read the comments and direction in which that "news" story took? I know that I do not run this site. MacRumors is free to do as they please, but for me personally, I don't like to visit sites that promote guys that stand in lines for 4 days to get an ipad....especially when so many people are out of work and have fallen on hard times.

Again, I ask is this really news? I would have posted in that particular thread, but it had to be closed down due to the incendiary nature of the posts.

Unless iJustin creates the next iPad or cures cancer...I really don't care to hear about him ever again.

Agree, are there any real pics of people in line? Has anyone a count on lines this evening? Many jurisdictions don't allow overnight lines and they won't start til the morning. Typically 5 AM or 6 AM is the end of nighttime loitering laws for most places.

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Walmart:

nbest.png

jwright798

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
Texas
Just called my local WalMart. I was told that the new iPads would be available at midnight. I'm sure they don't have a clue about the 5 PM launch time, but I know I will be there at 11 PM regardless, just to be sure.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Tomorrow will represent one of the only times in my life when I've felt compelled to buy a product on its launch day. I'm definitely not what you'd call an early adopter, by any stretch, but the iPad 2 is just too amazing to wait. :D

ClemyNX

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Just called my local WalMart. I was told that the new iPads would be available at midnight. I'm sure they don't have a clue about the 5 PM launch time, but I know I will be there at 11 PM regardless, just to be sure.

Ahah it was obvious this would happen, probably some are already selling and that guy is still waiting (I wanted to use another adjective but I resisted).

t_coop10

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am an electronics sales associate at Walmart and we have received email saying that we are not suppose to have them on the floor nor can we sell the until 5 pm much like Apple. The registers have it blocked until 5 to keep people from purchasing it early.

some good info...also (and maybe this was obvious to most) I called my local AT&T store to see if they would be carrying the wifi only models (just in case they were trying to market them with hot spots) and they said 3G only. Also, Target is supposed to have stock...

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am an electronics sales associate at Walmart and we have received email saying that we are not suppose to have them on the floor nor can we sell the until 5 pm much like Apple. The registers have it blocked until 5 to keep people from purchasing it early.

Oh, yeah? We'll see. ;)

Loonytik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
Haven't you ever heard the rule...never buy your girlfriend/wife something that plugs in? Big mistake!! Haha.....

Whatever....I bought mine a dewalt sawzall that was rigged with a jelly dildo and she loves it!! Best gift she's ever got!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.