Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Finally :D

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

Wreckie

macrumors regular
May 9, 2011
I'm also looking for the 2Gs that were engraved with Beck, Madonna, Tony Hawk and No Doubt. These ARE impossible to find! I haven't even seen a picture of one outside apple.com :(

Anyone else perhaps?

Wow, I would like to see how Tony Hawk model looked like, but didn't even find a pic on the net :(

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
I can't help myself :D

IMG_3237.jpg

Boxes complete and in mint condition considering. Don't really know if there were more accessories?

Unboxed is 20GB and 10GB second gen, and 5GB first gen. Also 5GB "second" gen and 10GB "first" gen.

----------

...also a pic at some of my other ipods...I'm really trying to reorganize and feel I need a bigger room! :eek: I have lots of things I can not display today!

IMG_3239.jpg

mayuka

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2009
My humble iPod collection. It only consists of iPod 4th (and 4.5th) gen and iPod mini 2nd gen. I had an iPod 3rd gen once but sold it. My iPod touch 2nd gen is without sound.

On the left you can see the inside of an iPod photo 20 GB (top) and an iPod 20 GB with monochrome display (bottom). There were some considerable differences.

Attachments

• my_ipod_collection.jpg
    my_ipod_collection.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 163

ric275

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2011
All these pics make my collection look tiny! I have: 1st gen nano, 5th gen nano, 1st gen shuffle, 2nd gen shuffle (SEALED - £17 :D), 4th gen shuffle and a 3rd gen touch.

Desperate for a mini and a classic!

tomtanojevic

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2013
melbourne
GOPR0067.JPG

iphone 3g 16gb black ios 4.2.1 jailbroken (friends)
iphone 3gs 16gb white microwaved in process of being fixed (mine)
iphone 3gs 8gb black jailbroken ios 6.1.3 (my Phone)
ipod touch 2g mc model 8gb ios 4.2.1 jailbroken (mine)
ipod touch 2g mc model 8gb ios 4.2.1 jailbroken (mine)
ipod touch 2g mc model 8gb ios 4.2.1 jailbroken (friends)
ipod touch 2g mc model 8gb ios 4.2.1 jailbroken (mums, im Aussie btw so not mom)
ipod touch 4g 8gb white ios 6.1.3 broken power button (mine)
ipod mini 1st gen 4gb jailbroken with rockbox (mine)
ipod mini 2nd gen 4gb jailbroken with rockbox (mine)
ipod mini 2nd gen 6gb jailbroken with rockbox (mine)
ipod nano 1st gen black 2gb jailbroken with rockbox (mine)
ipod nano 1st gen white 2gb jailbroken with rockbox (mine)
ipod nano 2nd gen 4gb silver (black case) Mine
ipod nano 3rd gen 4gb silver (mine)
ipod nano 4th gen *gb blue broken select button stuck on select language (mine)
ipod shuffle 2gb silver broken volume down button (mine)
Ipod nano 6th gen silver 8gb (friends)
2x ipad 2nd gen black ios 6.1.3 ( mums and friends)

:apple: ftw

Wreckie

macrumors regular
May 9, 2011
Bought original iPod. Produced 2002 February, quite early one. In good condition too, everything works. HDD seems like new, but battery won't obviously hold 10H anymore. Sounds good also! Impressed considering it was made 2001. Apple proves it again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 205

toujoursmanana

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2013
I'm trying to sell this 2nd gen Ipod mini

dHl8GEY.jpg

It went unused but it's functioning fine ..... listening to it.

how much should I ask for it and what's the best place to sell it at?

----------

edit:
mental note to self: before opening sealed boxes from 2005 check to see if they are worth something sealed

toujoursmanana

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2013
sealed it would be worth double ? :(

**** ME ... I assumed, since ipods are mass produced, that it wouldn't be worth much.

this ipod mini is pretty neat tho... decent enough sound quality and just for listening music the battery seems to last much longer than my smartphone...

I guess no operating system, no internet, no wifi blabla bla has advantages... as a simple mp3 player it will never become obsolete.

I'm European and not sure if here there are many collectors/collections here.

guys what would you do?

a.) On the internet, some people have modified this exact same model to put even 64 GB and a better battery... then this ipod mini becomes a beast. Is this worth doing? any idea of the costs?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-...2032?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item2580428120

b.) a friend offered me 40 euro, would this be a terrible deal? (it's about $50 and I'm thinking that even if I sell it for $100 to an American I would have to pay ebay/paypal comissions plus shipping costs plus hassle so......?)

if there are collectors in EU feel free to drop me an offer: I have a google email account with the exact same nickname I am using here (gotta watch out for spambots)

Last edited:

caseyfriday

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2011
SAT
I've started to buy up dead iPods on ebay and give them new life (and new clothes). I started with minis, but I just recently finished my first 3G, and I think I'm going to want to keep one of them for sure. Also, adding the diyMod - what I call the retroMod - the sound is incredible.

P1030623.jpg

P1030947.jpg

P1030949.jpg

P1030958.jpg

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
Nice!
I've decoded to try giving fixing an iPhone 3GS, and perhaps a couple of the older iPods, but it depends on how much time I have.
Considering its my last year of school, I think I'm going to be pretty busy!

Anyhow, although I've sort of left my collection for a while, I did recently buy another stainless steel 3rd Gen iPod Shuffle.
Some guy had loads and was selling them for £27-£30. When they were released they retailed for $99 and were a limited edition, so I thought what the heck. Having two wont be the end of the world... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.