Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Support for the Camera+ app originally developed by LateNiteSoft seems to have evaporated. The camera.plus website no longer has links to any of the blog posts. The developer is now identified as Heavy Plumb Apps on the App Store and their website has no information about Camera+. Does anyone know what’s going on?

• Wow
Reactions: zapmymac

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
i have the legacy version of camera+. i don’t know anything about the developer change, but there is a camera+ pro version now that i believe is the officially supported version.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
i have the legacy version of camera+. i don’t know anything about the developer change, but there is a camera+ pro version now that i believe is the officially supported version.

i purchased the "pro" version just before it switched to a subscription model.

Reactions: katbel

samknutson

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2023
It seems the developers sold or lost control of Camera+ One of them was tweeting about the new app Photon which seems made by the same developer. https://photon.cam/

Since there is no transparency about who is supporting either, what happened I could not recommend either to anyone. If you hide the identity of owners, founders, developer, product people and don’t engage with your users it’s easy to walk away.

On twitter he was promoting Photon when I asked why a new app you had to buy to get this new vision for photography this was the reply

Antonio Cabezuelo Vivo # @acvivo• 15h

While Camera+ is no longer under our ownership, we remain committed to our mission of providing photography enthusiasts with the best tools possible.

zapmymac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2016
SoCal ☀️
PetaPixel as of 24 July still says LiteNightSoft is the owner, but it clearly isn’t. When doing a Feedback report from the app (Camera+) it now send you two heavyplumapps.com or something like that…

very weird

A well known successful app going all sketchy is very interesting. I have been using them for 10 years or more.

Reactions: arkitect

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Support for the Camera+ app originally developed by LateNiteSoft seems to have evaporated. The camera.plus website no longer has links to any of the blog posts. The developer is now identified as Heavy Plumb Apps on the App Store and their website has no information about Camera+. Does anyone know what’s going on?
The Camera+ app was updated one month ago. The update introduced a bug whereby the app doesn't function if there is no WiFi and Cellular connectivity. There are multiple poor reviews in the App Store due to this problem.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
The Camera+ app was updated one month ago. The update introduced a bug whereby the app doesn't function if there is no WiFi and Cellular connectivity. There are multiple poor reviews in the App Store due to this problem.
App has been updated twice since the above. The connectivity problem has been resolved.

Reactions: torbjornhb

NatureGeek

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2023
Apparently, the connectivity problem has not yet been resolved (version 23.3.3). Where there is no wifi/cellular signal, I still get only a black screen.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: arkitect

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Apparently, the connectivity problem has not yet been resolved (version 23.3.3). Where there is no wifi/cellular signal, I still get only a black screen.
Unbelievable!!! Turned on airplane mode to test. Apparently fixed in 23.3.2 but broken again in 23.3.3.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
New version 23.4 released yesterday. Still broken. Doesn’t work in airplane mode. Sent feedback.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
In response to my email, Heavy Plum statedf “We have already shared this issue with our developers, who are currently working to fix it as soon as possible. Meanwhile, please try the following: click and hold on the Camera+ icon, then select the corresponding option from the pop-up menu to be able to take a picture and avoid the black screen issue.”

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Version 23.4.1 arrived today. Internet connectivity bug still not fixed.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
It seems the developers sold or lost control of Camera+ One of them was tweeting about the new app Photon which seems made by the same developer. https://photon.cam/

Since there is no transparency about who is supporting either, what happened I could not recommend either to anyone. If you hide the identity of owners, founders, developer, product people and don’t engage with your users it’s easy to walk away.

On twitter he was promoting Photon when I asked why a new app you had to buy to get this new vision for photography this was the reply

Antonio Cabezuelo Vivo # @acvivo• 15h

While Camera+ is no longer under our ownership, we remain committed to our mission of providing photography enthusiasts with the best tools possible.
Thanks for the infos
Nice way for more 🤑
Buying this one and being sold again , no thanks

Kaliaris

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2023
I lost access to Pro, too, and contacted Heavy Plumb support. They admitted that there is a problem and they are working on it.
Lost all my Pro access as well. Have sent two support/feedback requests and haven't heard anything back from Heavy Plumb since they rolled out the last update. Was a wonderful app. Looking at alternatives.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: lindros2 and katbel

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Lost all my Pro access as well. Have sent two support/feedback requests and haven't heard anything back from Heavy Plumb since they rolled out the last update. Was a wonderful app. Looking at alternatives.
Please if you find one let us know: looking for alternatives as well

Reactions: lindros2

The_Phi

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2023
Same thing here: previously payed pro mode has gone. I've sent a message to the (new) developer/owner, let's see what will happen.
Meanwhile I'm using the old "Camera + legacy" from the appstore which I bought years ago. Re-enabling the pro features worked fine.

Shaneparis

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2023
I had been using Camera 2+ for years and was working on a three year project using certain filters. Then the access went away. It's actually quite infuriating as finding an alternative that works the same way is becoming difficult. Yes I can use snapseed etc for photos but it just isn't the same...

I have reported the app to the app store as when you go to heavy plumb apps web page the form that is there isn't even click able.

Such a waste.. It was such a good app. And I had just started to tell people about it.

Now it's basically useless and I refuse to pay for the cash grab after I originally paid for the upgrade.

• Angry
Reactions: lindros2 and katbel

DottytheScotty

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2023
I am the same. Loved Camera+ Pro. Have messaged them and also their admin email to try and find out why I can’t restore. Purchased last May and now asking me to purchase again is not on. I would happily pay if they deducted the payment I already made but worrying when they don’t even have the courtesy to reply. I may try the Photon free trial. Have reverted back to Legacy for the moment.

Sully

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
Apple is complicit in this whole debacle. We rely on Apple to enforce the TOS in the App Store and Apple stands mute.

I would hit this developer where it hurts. Everyone affected should initiate the refund process through Apple and cite this blatant disregard of Apple’s own rules.

These types of incidents are exactly why I no longer purchase third party apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.