Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
Apple is complicit in this whole debacle. We rely on Apple to enforce the TOS in the App Store and Apple stands mute.

I would hit this developer where it hurts. Everyone affected should initiate the refund process through Apple and cite this blatant disregard of Apple’s own rules.

These types of incidents are exactly why I no longer purchase third party apps.
started refund/contest process.
This is b.s.

Reactions: katbel

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
I’ve just discovered another problem with the Camera+ app. My new iPhone 15 Pro Max has a 5x telephoto lens, but when I choose telephoto in Camera+ the telephoto magnification is only 2x.

• Sad
Reactions: katbel and lindros2

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
I’ve just discovered another problem with the Camera+ app. My new iPhone 15 Pro Max has a 5x telephoto lens, but when I choose telephoto in Camera+ the telephoto magnification is only 2x.
I removed/deleted the app.

The built-in Apple photo app is good enough for me, esp. with ProRAW when necessary. The phone tech (13/14/15 Pro) is also good enough where I don't need a third-party photo app.
But their support is garbage and the scam to screw existing users - while not unique (see: Cider / iTunes replacement for Windows) - is still aggravating.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
The contact form for these scumbags "Heavy Plumb Madrid Espana" doesn't even work.
It's a shell company - LateNightSoft "sold it off" so they can screw people selling them Photon.

• Sad
Reactions: katbel

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
The contact form for these scumbags "Heavy Plumb Madrid Espana" doesn't even work.
It's a shell company - LateNightSoft "sold it off" so they can screw people selling them Photon.
Thanks for the updates: gave bad reviews to both apps... a small consolation

BTW how were you able to start a refund /request?
I find it among my purchases but could not ask for a refund: could you?

Last edited:

Lesimac

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
It seems the developers sold or lost control of Camera+ One of them was tweeting about the new app Photon which seems made by the same developer. https://photon.cam/

Since there is no transparency about who is supporting either, what happened I could not recommend either to anyone. If you hide the identity of owners, founders, developer, product people and don’t engage with your users it’s easy to walk away.

On twitter he was promoting Photon when I asked why a new app you had to buy to get this new vision for photography this was the reply

Antonio Cabezuelo Vivo # @acvivo• 15h

While Camera+ is no longer under our ownership, we remain committed to our mission of providing photography enthusiasts with the best tools possible.
While conveniently ditching all responsibility of prior customers sounds to me, like you should give it a wide birth

• Angry
Reactions: lindros2

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
App has been updated to version 23.4.2. The new version "Fixed bugs" but still get black screen if no internet unless use workaround, can’t use my 5x telephoto, and don’t have Pro access.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
App has been updated to version 23.4.2. The new version "Fixed bugs" but still get black screen if no internet unless use workaround, can’t use my 5x telephoto, and don’t have Pro access.
Pro access was nuked from my iPad (which hasn’t changed in 3 years).
Apple shows no purchases - I sure as hell did buy it - TWICE.
No response from anyone.

ShonP40

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2023
I also lost Pro access from both my iPhone & iPad over a month ago.
Been emailing them ever since and all they do is reply with “we’re working on a fix”

(I paid for pro when the app was still a one-time purchase)

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
I also lost Pro access from both my iPhone & iPad over a month ago.
Been emailing them ever since and all they do is reply with “we’re working on a fix”

(I paid for pro when the app was still a one-time purchase)
They deleted all records of purchases.
If we can pool all purchases together, and choose a domain (country), it’s a Federal/gross and illegal violation.
But… good luck with internet.
I’ve already been in contact with the Spanish embassy who is useless.

“Noel Rosenthal” is in Massachusetts.

Last edited:

ShonP40

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2023
They deleted all records of purchases.
If we can pool all purchases together, and choose a domain (country), it’s a Federal/gross and illegal violation.
But… good luck with internet.
I’ve already been in contact with the Spanish embassy who is useless.

“Noel Rosenthal” is in Massachusetts.
Purchases are stored on Apple’s servers, not theirs.
That’s why you’re being asked to log into your Apple ID to restore purchases.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
Purchases are stored on Apple’s servers, not theirs.
That’s why you’re being asked to log into your Apple ID to restore purchases.
Understood - I know.
But Apple claims I never purchased it, even though I have a receipt which says otherwise.
And Apple has been 100% unhelpful.

The subscription economy.

ShonP40

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2023
Understood - I know.
But Apple claims I never purchased it, even though I have a receipt which says otherwise.
And Apple has been 100% unhelpful.

The subscription economy.

Still showing up for me

Attachments

• IMG_3582.jpeg
    IMG_3582.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 37

ShonP40

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2023
They released an update today which fixed it for like 5 seconds until I decided to restart the app.
Broke again & it doesn’t want to restore the purchase

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
They released an update today which fixed it for like 5 seconds until I decided to restart the app.
Broke again & it doesn’t want to restore the purchase
Same for me. Still won’t work if no access and doesn’t access 5x telephoto on my 15PM.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Uninstall and reinstall. Pro will work again as long as you don’t quit the app and restart.

Reactions: Crowbot

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Heavy Plumb has released version 23.4.4. People who have previously paid for the app should now have access to the Pro version.

There is still a problem with no internet access, for example when using airplane mode. The workaround they shared with me (see #12 above) is not an acceptable long term solution.

Also, I’ve noticed that now the telephoto selection actually uses my 5x (120 mm) telephoto lens. However, the app still says 2x (52 mm) on the screen.

As a matter of fact, the focal length for the 1x main camera is also incorrect. It should be identified as 24 mm rather than 26 mm.

I sent feedback again on these issues.

Curiousyello

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2024
Massachusetts
i have the legacy version of camera+. i don’t know anything about the developer change, but there is a camera+ pro version now that i believe is the officially supported version.

I have a side question. Do you know how to download the pictures on your camera+ roll but keep them separate from your iphone camera roll? I have a lot of pictures in this app, and on the iPhone camera roll, and if I blend them all together I will be doomed when I try to sort them out. Talking over 20,000 photos between the both.

Reactions: JMN84

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
I have a side question. Do you know how to download the pictures on your camera+ roll but keep them separate from your iphone camera roll? I have a lot of pictures in this app, and on the iPhone camera roll, and if I blend them all together I will be doomed when I try to sort them out. Talking over 20,000 photos between the both.
I put my Camera+ pics into iCloud. I don't know if Photos lets you maintain two separate sets but it would be nice.

Reactions: JMN84

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
New version 24.0.0 released today still labels telephoto lens as 2x, and doesn’t work if no internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.