Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
The contact form for these scumbags "Heavy Plumb Madrid Espana" doesn't even work.
It's a shell company - LateNightSoft "sold it off" so they can screw people selling them Photon.
Good grief, top of the page a menu item is "PRIVACY POLCICY FOR KIDS APPS". No it's written as I just copied. Clicking on it brings up a page with correct spelling. I considered this app some years ago but never got it and I am glad.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Also, I’ve noticed that now the telephoto selection actually uses my 5x (120 mm) telephoto lens. However, the app still says 2x (52 mm) on the screen.
I was wrong. 2x Telephoto selection in Camera+ is actually 2x. My 5x telephoto lens is not recognized.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Good grief, top of the page a menu item is "PRIVACY POLCICY FOR KIDS APPS". No it's written as I just copied. Clicking on it brings up a page with correct spelling. I considered this app some years ago but never got it and I am glad.
Haha they fixed the heading but the app still has lots of issues I see. Too bad but then I think the default app is improved anyway.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
I was wrong. 2x Telephoto selection in Camera+ is actually 2x. My 5x telephoto lens is not recognized.
  • App updated to 24.1.1 on 2/28/2024. Brifly I didn’t have Pro status but that resolved later in the day. The app still doesn’t work properly if no internet unless I use workaround.
  • The lens switcher button allows me to choose between ultra-wide (0.5x), wide (1x) and telephoto (2x) cameras. However, the telephoto camera on my iPhone 15 Pro Max is a 5x lens, not a 2x. The magnification label should reflect the actual magnification.
  • In Auto mode, when I switch from 1x to "2x" the image doubles in magnification. On the other hand, when I switch from 1x to "2x" in Manual mode, the image is magnified by a factor of 5. Very strange, considering that there is only one telephoto camera on my iPhone! I need to be able to use my 5x telephoto camera in Auto mode.
  • Feedback sent to Heavy Plumb with request for reply.

Last edited:

JMN84

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2024
I put my Camera+ pics into iCloud. I don't know if Photos lets you maintain two separate sets but it would be nice.
How do you access the camera+ photos on iCloud? I have my light box photos synced to iCloud and have not been able to find where they are going. It doesn’t show up on iCloud.com for me.

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
How do you access the camera+ photos on iCloud? I have my light box photos synced to iCloud and have not been able to find where they are going. It doesn’t show up on iCloud.com for me.
It's not automatic. I created a folder on my iCloud drive and then "Share" the files using "Save to Files" option.

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
Can you do that all on iCloud.com or do you have to use the app to do that?
Well I created the folder with the Files app on my phone and then selected them and moved them from within the Camera+ app. Then manually deleted the original. It's clunky but it works. Most of my pics just go to Photos.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
  • App updated to 24.1.1 on 2/28/2024. Brifly I didn’t have Pro status but that resolved later in the day. The app still doesn’t work properly if no internet unless I use workaround.
  • The lens switcher button allows me to choose between ultra-wide (0.5x), wide (1x) and telephoto (2x) cameras. However, the telephoto camera on my iPhone 15 Pro Max is a 5x lens, not a 2x. The magnification label should reflect the actual magnification.
  • In Auto mode, when I switch from 1x to "2x" the image doubles in magnification. On the versionother hand, when I switch from 1x to "2x" in Manual mode, the image is magnified by a factor of 5. Very strange, considering that there is only one telephoto camera on my iPhone! I need to be able to use my 5x telephoto camera in Auto mode.
  • Feedback sent to Heavy Plumb with request for reply.
Version 24.2.0 just released. “Bug fixes" still don’t fix these issues.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Version 24.3.0 released today, April 23. Still no fix for internet and telephoto issues. Maybe the new owner doesn’t have anyone who can fix these problems.

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
Version 24.3.0 released today, April 23. Still no fix for internet and telephoto issues. Maybe the new owner doesn’t have anyone who can fix these problems.
I think it's going to be just tweaks for now. I just hope that they don't mess up what I already have. I'm an OG purchaser so I just want it to work (mostly).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.