Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taucher669

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
Ok done.

iphone 5S and iPad Air successfully updated to the iOS8 GM.

Problem with Error 17 in iTunes 12 after xcode installation was that tinyumbrella made an entry to my hosts file. After deletion of that entry and flushing cache it worked.

stringent

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2011
London
Did a restore using the GM seed on Windows 8.1 and iTunes 11.4

All fine here apart from the odd app.

Also my white bar issue seems to have gone. Occasionally in 7.1.2 (restored to try and get rid of it) when apps transitioned or switched, I'd get a white block in the top right or left of the screen. Not always though. Trying iOS8 first to see if it got rid of it, if not I would have visited a genius bar.

With iTunes 12, I tried to update a 5S to 7.1.2 It crashed. Had to use Tiny Umbrella to kick the phone out of DFU mode, then updated using the phone updater.

taran420

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hey, could you tell me how did you did that?? Because I uninstalled iTunes 12 and installed 11, when i started 11 it said it was built in a newer version and needed to update.

----------

Have you figured it out how to solve the issue? I have the same problem -.-

oh, i used appzapper to delete itunes 12 application, then downloaded the latest itunes from apple and it installed without any issues

pacho1601

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
I can't restore from iTunes 12

How do you did that? Thanks!
Ok done.

iphone 5S and iPad Air successfully updated to the iOS8 GM.

Problem with Error 17 in iTunes 12 after xcode installation was that tinyumbrella made an entry to my hosts file. After deletion of that entry and flushing cache it worked.

ohsnap

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2004
After your iOS device has been updated with iOS 8, does iTunes 12 with Yosemite work well with it?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Tried the Xcode trick but an "unexpected error" occurred. Luckily TinyUmbrella got me out of it. Think I will just wait a week.

alldat

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
To those that went with the "delete iTunes 12 and re install 11 route", can you tell me exactly what you did? I'm on Yosemite PB2. I just don't want to lose all my playlists, etc.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Another caution is that option update does not work. It crashed my iPhone and iPad Air mid way during update and I had to restore them. This worked for iOS 7 GM.

alldat

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
oh, i used appzapper to delete itunes 12 application, then downloaded the latest itunes from apple and it installed without any issues

I did this then when I tried to open itunes 11 it was telling me the library couldnt be read bc it was created by a new version of itunes. My only option was to update back to 12 which is what im doing now. Any tips?

alldat

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
Another issue I'm having. I now have over 30GB of "Other" on my phone. I try to hit restore and it says something along the lines of there is not enough space to restore. So frustrating (yes yes I know its a beta :D)

uglygizmo

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
iPhone 5s won't activate with Apple ID

every time i try to activate my iPhone on the ios8 GM it won't let me activate. anyone seen this?

chopringle

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
California
every time i try to activate my iPhone on the ios8 GM it won't let me activate. anyone seen this?

I also have this problem. My 4S has a 'please try again later' activation error on ios8 GM and, after DFU restoring multiple times to 7.1.2, the same activation error continues to keep me from activating my phone.

I thought the problem was the old AT&T sim I had in the phone. It isn't active but even after putting in my sister's AT&T sim from her active 4S and my active AT&T sim from my iPhone 5 with an adapter, the same activation error continues to happen. Always 'Activation request could not be completed. Please retry activation later.'

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I've been doing anything I could think of for the past few days now...

sransari

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2005
So I just downloaded the IPSW from the dev portal. Synced and backed up my iPhone 5S on the most recent beta build of IOS 8. Then the magic moment to manually upgrade caused iTunes 12 (latest on Yosemite) to crash. Now my phone is stuck in DFU mode, and iTunes will crash immediately if my phone is plugged in at all. So be warned. I'm switching to my mavericks partition to try to install off the latest iTunes there. Update to follow.

Exact same issue here...pain in the butt for me because I have to transfer my backup from my laptop to my desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.