Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arq.ana.s

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2009
cant get the verification code on my phone for the ipod touch....

i have the same problem.... its been days and i still havent received my verification code for the application on my ipod touch....... ive contacted help support... but they havent answered either.....how did you get them to give you the code? :mad:

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Same thing happens here, when in the app having a live chat the timestamps work fine, but when i exit and go back into the chat all the timestamps reflect the current time. If i look at the list of different chats the time does still show the last time that contact sent a text. My phone time/date is set ok, and i'm not jailbroken.

another user with exactly the same problem. Any more?
Yes, date and time correctly set on iphone

jkb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
California
Jan, why can't you understand that we are not asking you to make time stamps optional. What is bugging us is their placement and the fact that they are wrapped in bubbles, which gives the whole interface a very distracting and messy look. I know, I know, you're too concerned about time stamps' visibility on custom backgrounds. Well, there's a solution: default backgrounds + time stamps without freakin' bubbles AND custom backgrounds + time stamps wrapped in bubbles. Voilà! What d'ya think?

will think about it. our UI is evolving:)

jkb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
California
another user with exactly the same problem. Any more?
Yes, date and time correctly set on iphone

ok, bug report noted. we will investigate. can you tell me what your settings are under 'Settings > General > Date & Time' and what

TonyL08

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
The only request I have is that when I enter via viewing a push message, I go straight to the message. Failing that, at the very least, make the keyboard be up on default. There are too many taps to write a reply.

It works flawlessly otherwise.

Oh, I'd like some sort of username for iPod users. My nephew uses the app but doesn't have a phone number to send a text to. I had to use another phone and add that to his contact card to get it to work for him.

jkb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
California
The only request I have is that when I enter via viewing a push message, I go straight to the message.

heh.. so you don't want picture xfer and message delivery confirmation we been working on for 2.3? :)

Failing that, at the very least, make the keyboard be up on default. There are too many taps to write a reply.

we thought about doing that early on, but the problem is that if you have multiple incoming messages, with keyboard up, there will not be enough screen to display them.

however, if you start a new chat and there are no messages, keyboard will come up automatically:)

theARNSKI

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009
I'm really digging this app, especially since one of my friends, who doesn't have text messaging, has it. So we've actually been chatting back and forth since we figured out we both had it.

One thing, that's getting to me is that my push notifications don't work. They work fine with other apps, just this one seems buggy. Her notifications work fine on her 3G. I have tried the Airplane mode method, no dice there. Since it's on my 3GS, I didn't bother to try with the calling the ISP method, and unless I really have to, then I'll resort to the 3rd method of doing a backup/full reset of the phone.

But before that, are there any other remedies I can try out?

jkb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
California
I'm really digging this app, especially since one of my friends, who doesn't have text messaging, has it. So we've actually been chatting back and forth since we figured out we both had it.

One thing, that's getting to me is that my push notifications don't work. They work fine with other apps, just this one seems buggy. Her notifications work fine on her 3G. I have tried the Airplane mode method, no dice there. Since it's on my 3GS, I didn't bother to try with the calling the ISP method, and unless I really have to, then I'll resort to the 3rd method of doing a backup/full reset of the phone.

But before that, are there any other remedies I can try out?

try to delete and re-install the app directly to your iPhone from the app store.

ivanlst

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2009
try to delete and re-install the app directly to your iPhone from the app store.

I tried all e available solution but none works.

i even did a restore on my iphone but nope the push notification its not working..

pls help!!

theARNSKI

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009

Sorry for the late reply, but the second reinstallation attempt fixed it for me.

Prior to trying the suggested methods, I thought I'd give reinstalling a try, did it, but nothing. Still no push.

But the second time around, after your mentioning of reinstalling, I did a combination of things and it worked! My push works perfectly. If I remember correctly, I deleted the app, reset my phone via home + sleep buttons, turned off my PUSH, installed WhatsApp again, turned PUSH on, set to airplane mode for 30 seconds, and after that, it worked.

I dunno if all that helped, maybe it was just the reinstallation itself, but I can't count anything out :D Just glad it working! Thanks for the great app!

ivanlst

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2009
Sorry for the late reply, but the second reinstallation attempt fixed it for me.

Prior to trying the suggested methods, I thought I'd give reinstalling a try, did it, but nothing. Still no push.

But the second time around, after your mentioning of reinstalling, I did a combination of things and it worked! My push works perfectly. If I remember correctly, I deleted the app, reset my phone via home + sleep buttons, turned off my PUSH, installed WhatsApp again, turned PUSH on, set to airplane mode for 30 seconds, and after that, it worked.

I dunno if all that helped, maybe it was just the reinstallation itself, but I can't count anything out :D Just glad it working! Thanks for the great app!

tried still not working for me i can only see the chat msg when i exe the app.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
what's app is still dropping messages. The badge appears but nothing is there when you go into the app.

AGain, this is happening when i receive and happening to the recipients.

I'd say 17 out of every 20 messages get though with this last update. Before that, was about 13 out of 20.

My warning to all is don't send very important messages you guarantee you want the other person to read as it could drop.

dimitri8620

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2009
Best wish to riseuP Labs!

I enjoyed to playing to free game thanks riseuP Labs for create these types game, and my wish to give us fantastic entertainment game will be later…

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
Loving the app, use it as much as the built in SMS app! Any news on if 2.3 has been submitted to Apple yet or even developed?

Check out this review of WhatsApp written by a friend if interested.

AnDy

iPap

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2009
I have problems with 3G or 2G.

A message pops up on the homescreen but when i go into whatsapp, it's not there and then I can't send messages, once in 100 times it will work.

On Wifi, it's absolutely perfect.

My Data setting work for all my other apps.

I'm using an Italian Factory Unlocked iPhone 3GS activated in iTunes. It doesn't work on my 3G on O2 UK. Both phones are Jailbroken.

Please help me!

pixelbrat

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2009
Ellijay, GA
My hubby and I eagerly upgraded WhatsApp when we saw the 2.3 update today but unfortunately we're getting the following error when we try to send messages:

Network Problem
Sorry, WhatsApp encountered a network problem. Try restarting the application and make sure you have a working Cellular or Wifi connection.

We both have full Wifi and 3G signal via our microcell. I rebooted my phone but same problem. Anyone else having the same problem?

pixelbrat

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2009
Ellijay, GA
My hubby and I eagerly upgraded WhatsApp when we saw the 2.3 update today but unfortunately we're getting the following error when we try to send messages:

We both have full Wifi and 3G signal via our microcell. I rebooted my phone but same problem. Anyone else having the same problem?

Never mind! All working now. Love the Sent and Delivered indicators. Keep up the great work!

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
Woo version 2.3 just shown for me in the App Store. Installed fine. Few more chat settings is the first thing I have noticed.

AnDy

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
what's app is still dropping messages. The badge appears but nothing is there when you go into the app.

AGain, this is happening when i receive and happening to the recipients.

I'd say 17 out of every 20 messages get though with this last update. Before that, was about 13 out of 20.

My warning to all is don't send very important messages you guarantee you want the other person to read as it could drop.

i see a lot of red U what does that mean?

Has the correct time for timestamps been sorted out?

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Good stuff, thanks for the hard work you seem to do. Will let you know any probs :cool:

erasat

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2009
Hey jkb, I've been using WhatsApp since you released the first version (yes people, even before Ping, some of you have it wrong saying otherwise), I was using Ping! simply because my wife has an Ipod Touch, but once you added Ipod Touch support I immediately removed Ping and left WhatsApp alone, I have also referred your App to more than a dozen of my friends and they have done the same, so far so good, and the latest update is one step closer to all features that we were looking for since day 1.

BUT, what happened in this version, why can't I update my wife's Ipod? If I try to download directly from her Ipod, it doesn't even find WhatsApp in the AppStore, if I do it via iTunes on the PC it immediately tells me that there is an update, but it won't install it saying that it's not compatible with the iPod, I simply don't understand the logic. If it was compatible before, it should be compatible now, I get the point of the MMS features not been available for iPod, but the Confirmation (S, D, U) it's a great addition even for iPod users. Also, for some reason the last Seen... Typing... and Online info seem to work only once the other person opens the app, if I check now, I can't see the last seen or even if they are online anymore, NONE of them appears that way anymore, even with them having the 2.3 version.

Please check this, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.