Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

somethingelsefl

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
Living here in Asia for the past six years I can add to the idea that this color is primarily for the Asian Market. The Champaign or Gold-ish colors are hugely popular over here as Asians are fashion (think status) crazy about most everything that signifies wealth.

Finally! An reasonable explanation for the gold iPhone! (I still think it's a bad choice, but at least it kind of answers why)

Klosefabrinio

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2013
Gold is not a color, that´s why it´s possible instead of this. in terms of metals and ¨color¨, gold is the opposite to silver, so it would still be a neutral material in a way and would keep in line with the flagship model being premium. painting something to make it look better would fall in line more with the line of thought behind lower cost products like the 5C.

that's just your opinion, in my view the gold option would be the most pathetic addition

Fairthrope

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Obviously others observations, experience and opinions strike an emotional nerve with you. I don't see any meaningful counterpoints coming from your pot shots :D

Leave him be. The Paki get paid per click.

----------

Wondering if all you (us) North American folks express such vehement disgust at the large volume of champagne/(light) gold colored automobiles that buzz down the American roads every day...apparently not everybody hates this color...

Not every American. Just Pacific Coast communists in a closet who swear to Das Kapital rather than the Bible.

----------

They should focus on a nice 4,7"+ screen instead of new colors.... and don't release iOS with just new paint on it.

Wait for iPhone 6 for that.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
The Walmart shoppers will be thrilled with a gold iPhone.

Gaudy, Tacky & Garish... are their top three favorite ways to accessorize.

Suddenly Apple has created a new class of fashionistas. :p

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
The Walmart shoppers will be thrilled with a gold iPhone.

Gaudy, Tacky & Garish... are their top three favorite ways to accessorize.

Suddenly Apple has created a new class of fashionistas. :p

Wow stereotype much? :rolleyes:

Tha Professor

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2009
The Mothership
Guess what: There are people who wouldn't know a good looking phone if you hit them in the face with it, and who don't know how to install apps. And there are people who really like a good looking phone, and actually write the apps. And if you think that being able to install an app on an iPhone means you're clever, then your standards are very low indeed.

No, what I meant, is that there are a lot of people who buy the phone just for looks already and that there might be even more when the "golden" phone comes out... I didn't say anything about aesthetic or mental capabilities of anyone... Because, there certainly are people who are really smart, yet they don't know how to install any apps. However, people from this particular category are in, my opinion, not very likely to buy a phone just for the looks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.