Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blitzer09x87

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
these are just rumors and renders, which anyone can make, i'm sure apple wont do this, the gold color just doesn't suite the iphone.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Come on now, we all know exactly what's going to happen don't we.

The Champagne/Gold iPhone is being trashed here mostly at the moment.

If Apple do launch it, after a few weeks it will be the most amazing iPhone ever.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
According to MG Siegler gold is one of the most popular after market color/case options for iPhone. I doubt that just applies to Asia. Heck my nephew, who is a whiter than white suburban kid from middle America has his iPhone in a gold case. As I've said before I'll reserve judgement until I see it. Apple might just punk us all and sell a tone or champagne/gold iPhones in western markets.

All I know is that I want it. That's all that matters. People can think I'm tacky and cheap.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
A new level of tackiness for the iPhone. Gold, seriously?
What are they thinking?

This thread exposes the difference between people who actually have taste, and people who just think they do. The actual champagne color being shone in the mock-ups is understated and elegant. But taste-posers are just reacting to some socialized concept of how they are supposed to react to "gold".

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
Wondering if all you (us) North American folks express such vehement disgust at the large volume of champagne/(light) gold colored automobiles that buzz down the American roads every day...apparently not everybody hates this color...

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
In the previous threads, I was surprised and astonished that people hear a rumour "Apple will make a gold coloured phone" and translate it into "Apple will make a trashy looking phone that will only appeal to low lives". They couldn't design something nice looking if their life depended on it, so they think Jony Ive couldn't either.
So, you are astonished that people would make generalizations. Curious.
Alternatively, they spend their life in tracksuits and the idea that Apple could sell something nice looking offends them.

MCDELTAT

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Just stop the hatin'.
I personally don't find it ugly, but it wouldn't be my first color option. Let's be honest, being in college myself in know that these will sell to that demographic better than anything else.
Young people are obviously looking for other color options, which is why colored cases and permanent stickers for your iPhone are so popular.

Would you have been angry that Apple announced the first iMac in different colors? The old men said back then "but computers are only supposed to be grey or black" and now today they're saying "but iPhones are only supposed to be black and white" There was even an orange/amber in there.

Get over it, if Apple chose a good color, it will work. Have faith.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Matching assesory

101001.jpg

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
I really don't like it. Neither Jony or Steve would/should approve of this.

how on earth would you know? 1) you dont work with Ive. 2) steve jobs is dead. 3) steve jobs approved a gold ipod:

apple-gold-ipod-mini.jpg

----------

I still think the gold is going to look ugly.

then dont buy it. problem solved.

other people have different opinions than you, and may choose to act on them. as it should be.

----------

Since Champagne is a trademark, either this iPhone will have to be produced in Champagne region (France) or AAPL will have to pay some kind of patent rights.

trademarks and patents have nothing to do with each other. further, i dont think there would be any licensing concerns because it's not purporting to be a sparkling wine produced in that region.

sucramdi

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2011
Quebec
I hated the idea when it was first mentioned, but this one actually looks good. Would look even better if it was bit more subtle though.

topper24hours

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
Alright calm down. It's fine. It was a "joke". And it's gone over your head.

And in this forum where things are taken literally - that's no big surprise, then.

And yet..in a way it's ironically quite befitting that things have clearly gone beyond a joke when a 'classy' phone colour is reason enough to buy.

I like jokes. You aren't funny. You aren't clever. You are a lame.

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
Incredible News

This is absolutely incredible news and should be covered on CNN, MSBNC
and Nightly News on NBC....I can hardly wait and I will be losing sleep if someone gets one before me....this is the most exciting news on this site since last week!

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
now this. this looks good... good enough makes me think I will upgrade to this color for my 5S.

Sigh, please do 1 minute of google reserve before attacking me and being rude. In the US the unlocked 32gb iphone 5 is $750. More than the expected Moto X if sold unlocked.

kopitedavo

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2012
liverpool
Because he transformed Apple from a dying company to one of the most successful companies in the world. I think that's a good enough reason to consider what he would do.

yet again mate he's no longer here so it doesnt really matter what he would or wouldnt do. its boring.

allan

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2004
I remember champagne in audio equipment was really popular in the '80s. Something like this:

$(KGrHqNHJDcE9005usyyBPlscqjb!w~~60_3.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.