Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macUser2007

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2007
For an extra $99, Apple will include a set of gold teeth with the Apple logo discretely etched on the tooth of your choice.

sb10063987n-001-man-with-gold-front-teeth-close-up-of-gettyimages.jpg

Finally a phone that matches the color of Chevy's decal.
727534755031736833485736536545762d4d51-149x149-0-0.jpg

Class, bro, the new Apple way.... Innovative, too!

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
I really hope Apple gets back on track. Really seems they are loosing focus in some areas..
I just picked out this comment, but I could have picked out a dozen others.

My point: what the hell are you taling about? Apple needs to get 'back on track' because they are introducing a color you don't like, even though you haven't even seen it? Colors don't let themselves be described in words or mock-ups! You have to see it first because that makes all the difference! It's unbelievably stupid to give your opinion without even seeing it first. What's even more stupid is saying that Apple is 'losing focus' because of that.

Also, why is Apple losing focus exactly? :confused:

----------

This color actually looks like a good choice for American women, not just Asians.
Yeah I agree, without denying the cultural differences between Asia and the US or Europe, I think the emering markets are sometimes depicted as a whole different world, but most of the reasoning for 'emerging markets' applies to Europe and the US just as well.

----------

I think so too. Gold color and cheap iPhone to sell more? That sounds like a salesman decision trying to up the stock value, not like the decision of a visionary company. :confused:

I really hope Apple gets back on track. Really seems they are loosing focus in some areas..
Trying to sell more products and up the stock value, that sure is a cheap tactic. Apple would never want to try and sell as many as possible! That's just gross. Also, organizations that introduce new colors on their products cannot have any other vision at all, since by law it is forbidden to change more than 1 feature per product.

After all, Apple is non-profit philanthropic organization and not a commercial institute enlisted in the NASDAQ.

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
I can see it now

IOS 8

"We changed the very feel of iOS, we sat down and examined so many things and we finally decided, the users were right. Pastel was bad. So for iOS 8 we plan to change it all, now when you unlock your phone you'll be met with one color throughout the os, GOLD"

;)

JK but seriously, all the color introduced in iOS 7 and they go for gold? Would have liked to see more of the iPod colors come over ( and no I don't mean on a cheap piece of crap plastic phone ). I hate to be "that" person and I really do love Apple but I feel like they are now being beat in both hardware and software by their competitors :(

Last edited:

Pinkie Pie

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2012
Los Angeles
I'd have to see the real thing in person before declaring my ever(2-year)lasting love, of course, but I like that mock up and TheWhiteDemon's. It's a pretty mellow gold and looks better than the white iPhone 5. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I'd get a kick out of it if the gold one was a special 128gb version or something that cost way more than the others.

mejsric

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2013
Gold is actually fit for metallic case and not good for plastic.

Let see how Samsung copy this.

Tha Professor

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2009
The Mothership
I am sure Apple will pull this off and it will look nice. However, this will attract the kind of users that will keep talking about their great looking phone but don't know how to install any apps...

vmistery

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2010
UK
I think Mr T would like this, perhaps he could do an endorsement?

Personally I think the colour is horrible! I am just thinking about if its worth selling my iPhone 5 now to get the best price as my network doesn't support 4G on on the iPhone 5, would mean using a dumb phone for a while though.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
IOS 8

"We changed the very feel of iOS, we sat down and examined so many things and we finally decided, the users were right. Pastel was bad. So for iOS 8 we plan to change it all, now when you unlock your phone you'll be met with one color throughout the os, GOLD"
You're not the first one to mimic Apple's 'communication style', but yours is completely off and therefore not funny at all. Sorry bro.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
So because the gold colour is popular in China and India, does that mean the Finnish and Swedes get a Cyan and Yellow iPhone 5s as well?

Oh wait, they have to buy the iPhone 5c :rolleyes:

They are a tiny market compared to China and India.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
What are the chances Sept 10 we'll also see the new iPads?

Apple has a busy time in the next few months, we have the iPhone and iPad to be released soon.

Also due are the iMac 2013 update and new Mac Pro (and display).

Not to mention the Laptops and possible Apple TV.

Tjosansa

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2013
Really nice!

Ppl in middle east and afriicans will love it. And afro americans..
Even i like it but i will go for the 5c to save some money for my new iMac.

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
I know its just a "mock up"....but I don't like the white with the gold...er I mean champagne. It just looks weird. I would imagine if they do come out with a champagne color scheme, that they combine it with a champagne colored glass above and below the metal. I dunno. I'm not gonna get it anyway. I'm classic white all the way baby! Yeah! Lol. Seriously tho...I'm not into any of the iPhones being colored. My feeling is if ya want a funky color, get a funky case for it. But that's me. Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.