Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
I have 2 of Apple's bluetooth keyboards, one older 3 battery version, and the newer 2 battery version. Both of them constantly disconnect from the 10 foot distance from where sit from my Mac Mini and 40" display. Bought myself a Logitech K750 wireless keyboard along with Logitech M510 mouse about 8 months ago and never had a problem with it disconnecting. I like that both use the same USB dongle. As far as any mouse Apple has ever made, they suck big time. I've always used a Microsoft or Logitech mouse with my Macs for the past 12 years.

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
been using wireless keyboard and trackpad on desktop macs for the last three years or so

the trackpad because I do like it as a piece of kit and is my mouse replacement (need anything more accurate I'll reach for the wacom)

the keypad isn't too hot, I much prefer old school mechanical ones, but it has the advantage of keeping things consistent when switching between desktops in office/house and macbooks when out on sites.

kaibob

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Prescott, Arizona
I have an Apple wireless keyboard but never liked it. I couldn't type fast at all, and the absence of dedicated forward-delete and other keys really annoyed me. It is attractive, though.

I replaced the apple keyboard with a Razer mechanical-key, tenkeyless keyboard. I can type a whole lot faster, and I have a lot of extra keys that I have reassigned to other actions.

I have never used a Apple mouse and instead use a Microsoft optical mouse.

Walter Kemble

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2016
Vancouver, BC Canada
I LOVE the Magic Mouse 2. Got the Trackpad 2 as well with my BTO imac. I used the trackpad a lot on my MBP but very seldom with the imac ...like the feature to open launchpad with 3 fingers (trackpad) ...love page forward and back on both devices -particularly the mouse

THE KEYBOARD ...disgusting. Small, flat, chicklet-like keys. No sculpted tops ...touch typing impossible ...I require backlighting. In 2007 when I bought my first MBP the reason I went for the pro (other than I'm a pro user) was BACKLIT KEYS.

Couldn't stand this one any longer after one month. Called Apple ...asked them to take it back and credit me the $100 they charge so I could buy my own. They offered me replacements by Logitech that were almost identical ...couldn't accept that. My iMac cost around $6,000 with tax -I maxed every option available to future proof as best I could.

Finally my Apple rep said -"You're a musician...would you like a pair of Beats Solo 3 Headphones?" I looked at them ...needed a new set ..so went for it ...they let me pick the colour and were here in a week. So I'm happy but still had to replace the keyboard .

Was thinking of getting one like in your picture ...kind of convex keybed...don't think they're backlit tho ....any suggestions?
Cheers
xoxo :)

Having owned a number of Apple desktops ( A PM G3, PM G4, 2 PMG5s, G5 iMac, 2011 iMac, Brand new iMac ). And a bunch of laptops.

I don't think Ive ever even opened half the keyboards or mice. Because they are complete junk, more for style than usability.

Maybe its just me, but I find their keyboard to small, to cramped, no function keys, to low to the ground, and to flimsy feeling for long term use, always get another keyboard for all my macs.

Mice? From the Hockey puck to the mighty mouse, to the new trackpads, I find them unusable as well.

Does anyone here use them? Or do you swap them out for something decent from Logitech or Microsoft?

138404-usbmouse_original.jpg

M7803.jpg

M9270.jpg

Old_Apple_Mighty_Mouse_1.JPG

Apple_magic_mouse.jpg

apple-imac-27-e5.jpg

mouse-big.jpg

magic-trackpad.jpg

2012-11-27-apple_macintosh_plus_mouse.jpeg

I feel like Apples mice and keyboards are the one thing they've never gotten right.

Nearly every machine I have has one of these for a keyboard, runs about 60 dollars, and for me it works great.

123241-2312p094-1b.jpg

I find it much more roomy and comfy than any Apple Keyboard I've owned

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.