Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheesygrin

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2008
printopia

One suggestion for OP - for a replacement for Printopia, try handyPrint (formerly AirPrint Activator). I've just installed version 5.0.8 on Yosemite fine. It's free to try for 14 days, then a minimum donation of $5 - fair bit cheaper than Printopia as well.

SueG

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2011
Ive installed from a 2010 mac mini to a new 1tb hybrid drive. That works succesfully albeit very slow to use. However no way can i reboot into mavericks, recovery or time machine back up. Looks as though i will have to reinstall mavericks from scratch

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Ive installed from a 2010 mac mini to a new 1tb hybrid drive. That works succesfully albeit very slow to use. However no way can i reboot into mavericks, recovery or time machine back up. Looks as though i will have to reinstall mavericks from scratch

Did you create a separate partition for Yosemite? If so, you still have access to Mavericks.

SueG

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2011
Did you create a separate partition for Yosemite? If so, you still have access to Mavericks.

I installed Yosemite on a separate external hard drive.
Maverick is still available on the MM hard drive but does not boot into either the Maverick hard drive, Recovery or my Time machine back up which is on another separate hard drive.

lexR

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2013
UK
I installed the public beta version of Yosemite today and, stupidly, did some school boy errors:

1, installed on my only startup drive.
2, didn't check my drive for errors
3, didn't install my Mac Edt GPU

I did do a backup however, but once downloaded I tried to install and was met by a screen saying the drive had errors, luckily the install screen had the utility menus and indeed the startup drive had errors which could not be fixed.

So now I'm stuck in an install screen without many option, I was able to create a restore of my existing startup drive onto a spare HDD and then startup from the new restore HDD, lesson learned!

I then did a clean wipe of my main SSD on a PCI-e card and cloned the cloned drive onto it and used my spare HDD as the install destination of Yosemite. Needless to say that time everything work and Yosemite is running with mavericks still on my main SSD drive. Worth having the Mac Edt GPU in until everything is up and running though as certain things take time and if your like me and run mainly on a PC based card, the boot/install screen is doing things but you won't know until the osx loads.

All in all I don't mind the look of Yosemite, I'm not going to see the benefits until os 8 is released I don't think, but it's nice to run a few things and already reported a few things not working so hopefully it's helping :eek:

wwent

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2014
10.10 Yosemite & Handprint works..no need for Printopia

Fal all that installed Yosemite Beta and lost access to AirPrint from Printopia, another app Handprint works just fine!!!

TruckdriverSean

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2009
Texas, US
I installed Yosemite on a separate external hard drive.
Maverick is still available on the MM hard drive but does not boot into either the Maverick hard drive, Recovery or my Time machine back up which is on another separate hard drive.

When you select the Mavericks HD, is it still loading the installer?

If so, just let it load then "quit" the installer using the menu bar at the top.

If that's your issue, I had the same one last night with a Yosemite install on a separate internal HD. (Classic Mac Pro Tower)

estopka

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
Problem with 'finder' screen in mail

Anyone having a problem in YoYo mail, when you go to attach an attachment to an email, the finder screen that normally pops up is 'hidden' at the top of the screen? I can manually 'tab' through the file finder window, but if I try to click on it, its as if it isn't there. This has happened since the install, and yes I understand it is a beta, but want to confirm no issues in other peoples install of mail. Are others able to have the finder screen for selecting files in mail attachments come up with no issue?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.