Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Got several problems with Chrome as well. On an iPhone 5 with Nitrous installed - and on one without.

Sadly, some random resprings are happening here as well. Crashlog showing low memory warnings before that. It was a perfect clean install and I only got some popular tweaks running with nothin' messed up.

And from what I observe ppl with problems almost always have Auxo & Zephyr installed.

I don't have any tweaks like that. I have MobileSubtrate and Substrate Safe Mode and iFile, that's it.

teamjaycub

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
I'm using a jailbroken iPhone 5 on 6.1..

I use the regular official Twitter app for Twitter on my phone. Recently, after the evasi0n jailbreak, Twitter released an update for their App. So, I updated.

Ever since the update, I can't retweet anything. Anytime I do, it ends up being a random tweet from someone I don't follow from like 2007-2009. Very strange.

Also, if I tap on a tweet from someone who has a lot of followers, it doesn't tell me how many favorites or retweets that tweet has.

I've tried deleting and re-installing the app several times, as well as deleting my account of my phone.

Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks.

EDIT:I just tried Twitter in Safe Mode, and it works fine. I'm not sure what package is causing the issue. I uninstalled everything I had right before it stopped working

Last edited:

spin360

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2009
Anyone having issues with the notification center drop-down? Location Services (GPS icon) activates whenever I pull the drop-down. It goes away when I push it back up. I uninstalled SBSettings to see if it would stop but it continues. Any ideas?

kokemut

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
Phone app crashes after half a second

I noticed this only today after being jailbroken since the first day evasi0n came out. I press the Phone icon and it opens up and crashes right after. I can receive calls perfectly, I can also make them thru Contact.
The list of apps I have installed from Cydia is as follows:

IntelliScreenX
Terminal
PdaNet
iFile
BiteSMS
Activator
Winterboard
Bridge
Auxo
ayecon
Call Delete
Zeppelin

If anyone has an idea, please let me know.
I don't want to restore it back and lose the jailbreak

Thanks!

Last edited:

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Just noticed youtube app crashes and won't open.
Have nothing installed just a JB.

Anyone have this? Searched here but did not see Anything.
iPhone 5 btw

Yes, I forgot to add the official YouTube app crashes for me too. So that's Chrome, YouTube and Find Friends so far. 2 of those are made by Google.

3rd party YouTube apps, plus the official YouTube site in Safari, work fine

----------

Anyone having issues with the notification center drop-down? Location Services (GPS icon) activates whenever I pull the drop-down. It goes away when I push it back up. I uninstalled SBSettings to see if it would stop but it continues. Any ideas?

Isn't that icon due to the default iOS weather widget in the notification pull down?

mickehed

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
strange errors..

hey getting 2 errors in diagnostic logs after i install evasion 1.2 that lockdownd_time of date crashed??
should i get error messages like this in the logs when i install evasi0n jailbreak??
what does it mean??

thanks or help

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
For those of us having issues with Chrome, YouTube, Find Friends, etc, should we notify the evad3rs team?

chrongen

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
JB evasion crashing problems

im having problems too am on a mac 10.8.2 does the same thing to me
just crashes when i click on evasion ....so wtf do we do ....any suggestions

DaneNJ

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2009
im having problems too am on a mac 10.8.2 does the same thing to me
just crashes when i click on evasion ....so wtf do we do ....any suggestions

Me too. iMac with 10.8.2 crashes when iPhone plugs in. Happened last time as well, about a year ago. Then I had to jailbreak with a windows vista and it worked. This time it crashes just like the Mac.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
This morning there was a cydia update that said "icon support" after I upgraded and respring all my icons scattered and folder were renamed. Anybody else have this happen today??? Or know why?

I just have basic tweaks installed. Although I did use insanelyi for Jaku icons.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 68

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Do not ask for help with cracked apps as this is against forum rules.

Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

A number of posts were removed as they related to cracked apps.

macnewbbie

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2006
I wasn't asking or even incentive warez/cracked apps. Only asked more because it was mentioned to me and i was just wondering how it would affect the phone. But i get the rule, so no more mention anything about it and i just wanted to leave that clear.
Anyway, there was an update to the the lockscreen theme i was using to be compatible with iOS6, so i guess the one i was using wasn't fully compatible. I updated and so far, so good. Hopefully it will be just that and it won't crash again.

goofballcalvin

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Interesting.

When I'm getting turn by turn directions from apple maps and open the app switcher it throws my phone into safe mode. Rebooting makes all well.

Has anyone else experienced that?

I have activator, sbsettings, iblacklist, springtomize, tetherme and 3gunrestrictor.

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
I'm restoring my phone today. This JB has been too much trouble than its worth unfortunately.

I need certain apps to function and I am finding more and more that do not.
Find my friends crashes- need it for my son
Fandigo- just noticed last eve when I tried to use it for a show.
YouTube app.
Week-calendar

Oh well- I suppose when it is mastered later I may try again. I just don't recall a JB causing apps to crash in the past. But, it has been some time so perhaps I am just forgetful.

sahil.b.7

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
evasi0n jailbreaking issues

Hey, guys im using and iphone 3gs... outdated yes i know... but its updated on 6.1 from itunes... and i wanna jailbreak my iphone... and i downloaded evasi0n and followed all the steps... and all the steps worked perfectly fine... but when my phone rebooted after the jailbreak... cydia wasnt installed on it. :( so my iphone isnt jailbroken so i tried to do the same procedure again... i connected my iphone to my laptop...opened up evasi0n and it said iphone is already jailbroken, jailbreaking it again is not advisable?! but if its jailbroken wheres cydia?! :/ :(

Please help me... i really need to get my iphone jailbroken

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden
I'm restoring my phone today. This JB has been too much trouble than its worth unfortunately.

I need certain apps to function and I am finding more and more that do not.
Find my friends crashes- need it for my son
Fandigo- just noticed last eve when I tried to use it for a show.
YouTube app.
Week-calendar

Oh well- I suppose when it is mastered later I may try again. I just don't recall a JB causing apps to crash in the past. But, it has been some time so perhaps I am just forgetful.

Is it confirmed that week calendar won't work with this jailbreak? That would be a reason for me to wait a little longer...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.