Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Cool. I saw the patch that will hide icon labels but not folder labels, but hopefully can find a way to hide just the labels for icons sitting on the springboard (but keep labels on icons inside folders) or pick and choose which I want to display.

Yea i was wondering the same thing, ill look into it when i have free time after work. WOOT almost home time!

Adava

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2013
There are currently 2 tweaks for Real Racing 3.
  • RR3: Billions of Gold Coins
  • Unlimited Coins

I just purchased Flex because of your recommendation so I'm a freshman :D
How do I find that exactly ?

----------

Found it !

Adava

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2013
It's a shame there's no patch for R$. I seriously hate what they did to this awesome game but on the other hand it would feel better to work for it.
Now that waiting times isn't a problem.

Thanks Resante , I saw the post.

----------

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but none of these two seem to work ...

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
It's a shame there's no patch for R$. I seriously hate what they did to this awesome game but on the other hand it would feel better to work for it.
Now that waiting times isn't a problem.

Thanks Resante , I saw the post.

----------

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but none of these two seem to work ...

I cant guarantee they work, you have to download them from the cloud, the go to your Patches tab and tap the check mark to turn it on, then once you do that, i would recommend a respring. Its possible they (game creator) patched the patch (the glitch that allowed this) haha

Adava

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2013
I cant guarantee they work, you have to download them from the cloud, the go to your Patches tab and tap the check mark to turn it on, then once you do that, i would recommend a respring. Its possible they (game creator) patched the patch (the glitch that allowed this) haha

i guess so lol

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Cool. I saw the patch that will hide icon labels but not folder labels, but hopefully can find a way to hide just the labels for icons sitting on the springboard (but keep labels on icons inside folders) or pick and choose which I want to display.

Springtomize can do that :)

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Springtomize can do that :)

I don't see a setting in Springtomize that hides the labels only on specific icons or just the ones on the SB (but not icons inside folders).

Springtomize has LOTS of options, but Flex doesnt slow down your iPhone and creat huge battery leaks. Not worth it. Flex can so pretty much the same as Springtomize.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Springtomize has LOTS of options, but Flex doesnt slow down your iPhone and creat huge battery leaks. Not worth it. Flex can so pretty much the same as Springtomize.

Just wondering how you know about battery leaks? I've had Springtomise installed for a while and still getting 9+ hours of usage.

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Just wondering how you know about battery leaks? I've had Springtomise installed for a while and still getting 9+ hours of usage.

I hjave used Springtomize since its start, but i always had really low battery times, im sure it all depends on whta you have activated, so the more you turn on, the more its running. That will cause large battery leaks. Since removing it i have noticed imporved battery. Im not saying Springtomize isnt great, but it has downfalls; just like Flex has its own fallbacks.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
I have used Springtomize since its start, but i always had really low battery times, im sure it all depends on whta you have activated, so the more you turn on, the more its running. That will cause large battery leaks. Since removing it i have noticed imporved battery. Im not saying Springtomize isnt great, but it has downfalls; just like Flex has its own fallbacks.

Care to explain the fallbacks of Flex? Possibly purchasing it and want to know the whole scoop of what I'm getting into.

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Care to explain the fallbacks of Flex? Possibly purchasing it and want to know the whole scoop of what I'm getting into.

One would be that you CANNOT ADD code, you can only edit what is already exisiting in the app. So you cant add a feature to the music app, you could modify the code to enable if its a feature that is exisiting just not activated by apple. (does that make sense?)

Second is that is a fairly new app, so it has some improvement (profiles, rating system, 'New Patch' and 'Updated' alerts are a few of them, but those are small.

there really isnt much, its all up to what you want. I created this thread to help spread the word of Flex and show what its capable of doing so people that done know what it is can get a good idea.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
One would be that you CANNOT ADD code, you can only edit what is already exisiting in the app. So you cant add a feature to the music app, you could modify the code to enable if its a feature that is exisiting just not activated by apple. (does that make sense?)

Second is that is a fairly new app, so it has some improvement (profiles, rating system, 'New Patch' and 'Updated' alerts are a few of them, but those are small.

there really isnt much, its all up to what you want. I created this thread to help spread the word of Flex and show what its capable of doing so people that done know what it is can get a good idea.

Hrm, that's a pretty big limitation actually. But thank you for sharing!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
So correct me if I'm wrong but for the people who are using Flex, are you saying that it can do almost everything that springtomize can do plus it can do a lot more?

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how springtomize could be worse on battery life if, for example, you're using it to customize your status bar icons versus using flex to customize status bar icons. How does one tweak significantly hurt battery life while the other does not? If you use either tweak for the exact same things, isn't the net effect essentially equal?

I'm not trying to stir the pot. I'm trying to understand more about Flex. It's definitely intriguing to me. I'm trying to find that "eureka" moment where I feel like I just have to purchase it. As of right now, everything I would use flex for is already covered by springtomize, FolderEnhancer, or the settings options in BiteSMS. Thanks everyone!

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
So correct me if I'm wrong but for the people who are using Flex, are you saying that it can do almost everything that springtomize can do plus it can do a lot more?

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how springtomize could be worse on battery life if, for example, you're using it to customize your status bar icons versus using flex to customize status bar icons. How does one tweak significantly hurt battery life while the other does not? If you use either tweak for the exact same things, isn't the net effect essentially equal?

I'm not trying to stir the pot. I'm trying to understand more about Flex. It's definitely intriguing to me. I'm trying to find that "eureka" moment where I feel like I must purchase it. As of right now, everything I would use flex for is already covered by springtomize, FolderEnhancer, or the settings options in BiteSMS. Thanks everyone!

I cant say exactly what they do differently, but from what I gather, I think its the way they change the code/apply the tweak. I dont know all the fact, i just know that springtomize has been known to have battery issues, i have heard it many times and have experienced it. To me its the fact you can have one app that (doesnt show to be using a lot of memory/battery) can have all your tweaks in one place instead of having 100 installed seperatly through cydia. I love Flex, i want to learn more about it and will be contacting the Dev to get a good grasp on some of the topics you guys are introducing. The list i have up isnt 1/4 the total amount of tweaks Flex has in the cloud.

----------

Hrm, that's a pretty big limitation actually. But thank you for sharing!

I agree, but who knows what the future brings right? But with that limitation, there are huge bonuses to Flex as well. I purchased Flex on a whim, just for the fun of it. I didnt know a thing about it, ive been experimenting with it and finding lots of great things and learning lots.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I cant say exactly what they do differently, but from what I gather, I think its the way they change the code/apply the tweak. I dont know all the fact, i just know that springtomize has been known to have battery issues, i have heard it many times and have experienced it. To me its the fact you can have one app that (doesnt show to be using a lot of memory/battery) can have all your tweaks in one place instead of having 100 installed seperatly through cydia. I love Flex, i want to learn more about it and will be contacting the Dev to get a good grasp on some of the topics you guys are introducing. The list i have up isnt 1/4 the total amount of tweaks Flex has in the cloud.

Thanks for this thread. You're doing a great job keeping everything centralized so Flex users can see what's available and working but also to teach interested people like myself some of the cool things Flex can do on a jailbroken device. I appreciate the feedback. Ill continue to keep my eye on this thread.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
I, too, appreciate the timely-ness of this thread, since I had only a vague idea of Flex's capabilities when I bought it.

I have not noticed any significant battery drain while running Springtomize. Then again, I also have LivePapers with Nexus, iWidget Analog Clock, Winterboard with the complete Auros theme, Location Services, and Hands-Free Control all on at the same time (and all mail accounts set to "push").

My iPhone 4S goes on at 8:30 am (hey, see the username?) and off at 11:30 pm with 55-65% left before charging.

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I, too, appreciate the timely-ness of this thread, since I had only a vague idea of Flex's capabilities when I bought it.

I have not noticed any significant battery drain while running Springtomize. Then again, I also have LivePapers with Nexus, iWidget Analog Clock, Winterboard with the complete Auros theme, Location Services, and Hands-Free Control all on at the same time (and all mail accounts set to "push").

My iPhone 4S goes on at 8:30 am (hey, see the username?) and off at 11:30 pm with 55-65% left before charging.

Haha its hard to notice that kinda stuff when you have a lot of tweak/apps running like you do iRetired hahah. I have emailed the Dev in hope for him to reach out and help me answer many questions I have.

Adava

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2013
Since this is the thread for Flex - can I request tweaks here? Is there anyone here capeable of doing such requests?

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Since this is the thread for Flex - can I request tweaks here? Is there anyone here capeable of doing such requests?

I need someone that knows how to do it, i reseved the second post for this addition, but need some people to help with this. Im gonna try to get contact with some Devs/Coders on Reddit to help out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.