Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
This is the perfect simple weather tweak I didn't even know existed. Worth way more than the $.99 I paid.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
With groovylock I can have the attached can't seem to do that with this... (looks better on the phone).

Attachments

• IMG_0022.PNG
    IMG_0022.PNG
    867.4 KB · Views: 136

ominx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
With groovylock I can have the attached can't seem to do that with this... (looks better on the phone).

I was having major usability issues with groovylock. Notifications weren't easily visible, it doesn't slide with touch and most importantly it killed my battery since it is constantly running and never sleeps. Cydget is better on that last one but none are as integrated and feel/look like stock ios 7 like forecast.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
I was having major usability issues with groovylock. Notifications weren't easily visible, it doesn't slide with touch and most importantly it killed my battery since it is constantly running and never sleeps. Cydget is better on that last one but none are as integrated and feel/look like stock ios 7 like forecast.

I like that I'm just trying to figure out how to use the animations and my wallpaper.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Yes but doesn't it disable the animations when you enable your own wallpaper?

Yes you can't disable the weather wallpaper AND have animations enabled. I suppose that's because the animations are the wallpaper and when animations are disabled it can only use a static image. Maybe the dev will update that.. It would be nice.

tomtattoo

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2013
Berlin
Yes...I´ve waited soo long. Goodbye to all Lockies and Widgies...that´s enough for me. And so nicely done!

ominx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Installed it and love it. Is there a way to modify the interval for weather refresh?

My understanding is it uses the stock default weather app for all data. So it refreshes when weather app refreshes. There currently isn't an override. So unless someone can figure out how to adjust the stock weather app's update interval, I don't think it's possible. Now I could be wrong, this is just my observation. But I don't think having an override is necessary since there doesn't seem to be any additional resource drain like there are with other LS weather widgets.

germanguy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
My understanding is it uses the stock default weather app for all data. So it refreshes when weather app refreshes. There currently isn't an override. So unless someone can figure out how to adjust the stock weather app's update interval, I don't think it's possible. Now I could be wrong, this is just my observation. But I don't think having an override is necessary since there doesn't seem to be any additional resource drain like there are with other LS weather widgets.

Bummer. So unless you actively go into the weather app, the weather for forecast will not update/refresh?

N23

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2009
Forecast is causing my status bar elements to change from white to black.

How can I fix this?

I get the same issue. Also there's a slight delay within the status bar when unlocking my phone.
And when I lock my phone from the lockscreen, the screen does a single flicker after going black.

Other than that the tweak works great, lol.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Is there a calendar tweak to add like a list view or something similar to another page of a widget like this?

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
You can choose in the settings whether to use the animated wallpaper or not

I must be doing something wrong because I get the attached.. no snow..

Attachments

• IMG_0026.PNG (2).PNG
    IMG_0026.PNG (2).PNG
    118.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0023.PNG (2).PNG
    IMG_0023.PNG (2).PNG
    636 KB · Views: 102

jsquared

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2008
Nashvegas, TN
Where is it getting the weather location information from? I don't think mine is showing the right city?
Also the hourly is all in A.M.

Anyone else with these issues?

JohnLT13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2012
Boston (aka Red Sox Nation)
If you're using any stock dynamic wallpapers, change them to static and then reinstall Forecast.

Worked for me.

Will give it a shot. Ive tried just about everything else. I did have it working but it would only show rain on animation. changed some settings and it would just crash springboard. Removed and reinstalled and still crashes.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Where is it getting the weather location information from? I don't think mine is showing the right city?
Also the hourly is all in A.M.

Anyone else with these issues?

Everyone... It uses the stock weather app. Either GPS if you have location services enabled in settings or the first location you have set in the weather app. If you are having issues with data, is the stock weather app working as it should? If not then there is no way this tweak will display anything else than what the weather app says because, again, it is dependent on the app.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
I've been waiting for this update. It's completely rewritten for iOS 7 and makes use of the stock weather app for all lock screen weather data. There are a few bugs but it is perfectly usable and definitely more stable and functions than any of the other HTML lock screens (GroovyLock, Cydget, etc.) I've tried with weather widgets. Also while the weather animations across the LS and SB are really really cool, I have yet to determine the impact to battery life.

Link to Forecast: http://modmyi.com/info/forecast.d.php

Screenshots:

View attachment 459665

Can you use the large lock screen clock at the top with the large weather information part at the bottom?

This is what I'm after.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    38.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.