Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djreversal

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2007
Just though I'd let people know I got a call from my local apple business team and they had pricing for the Mac Pro and options and they just emailed me a price quite to put an order on standby till order kicks in.. So it must be happening very soon.

Processor options were very expensive I'm trying to get a detailed list.. Video card bump wasn't so bad and 32gb ram was reasonable and the 512gb upgrade hard drive was like 300 dollars.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,724

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Just though I'd let people know I got a call from my local apple business team and they had pricing for the Mac Pro and options and they just emailed me a price quite to put an order on standby till order kicks in.. So it must be happening very soon.

Processor options were very expensive I'm trying to get a detailed list.. Video card bump wasn't so bad and 32gb ram was reasonable and the 512gb upgrade hard drive was like 300 dollars.

What's APP MAC PRO - RAE?
S3193LL/A

Tax at about 8.5% too. Nice.

Djreversal

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2007
When I lived in Vancouver it was like 18%. I feel bad for u guys, one of my trance producing buddies in Switzerland usually flys back to New York to buy one lol

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007

Assuming RAE is Apple Care, your numbers seem off. That's the $3,999 Mac Pro with BTO options to double the base storage and double the RAM. For $465 more/over the base price? I don't think so.

I'd believe it maybe if it was one of the two upgrades - but both. Nope.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
When I lived in Vancouver it was like 18%. I feel bad for u guys, one of my trance producing buddies in Switzerland usually flys back to New York to buy one lol

That must be some weird Vancouver located neither in British Columbia nor Washington.

Since the maximum it's ever been in BC was 14% (it's now 12%) and in Washington it's considerably lower, plus the people do their shopping in Oregon where there's no sales tax.

Umbongo

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2006
England
Assuming RAE is Apple Care, your numbers seem off. That's the $3,999 Mac Pro with BTO options to double the base storage and double the RAM. For $465 more/over the base price? I don't think so.

I'd believe it maybe if it was one of the two upgrades - but both. Nope.

Right, everything adds up apart from Apple charging only $165 to go from 4x4GB to 4x8GB. 16GB of RAM is that price in retail channels, but not from Apple who charge $400! to go from 16GB to 32GB on the iMac.

Djreversal

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2007
This is directly from apple, Newbie canada I thought it was more, I was only there a year I just remember buying alcohol lol, and it was a fortune compared to New York .. U would know better I just thought there was like two separate taxes they had.

I found the ram upgrade to seem fairly cheap my self. But I gave him my credit card and the order has been locked in.

----------

Spin land .. Not saying I get a business discount, just the business group at the local apple store always calls me when new stuff is coming out cause I always purchase everything, they call me like every few months to make sure all is good and if there is anything I need. I'd post the full PDF but I didn't want to give out all my info and their info

Spinland

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Utica, NY, USA
I found the prices in line, personally, but I also get a nontrivial discount through Apple being a verified military retiree so I was expecting about what you posted.

By any chance, were you able to get a more detailed breakout of what the CPU upgrades will run?

Spinland

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Utica, NY, USA
Not saying I get a business discount, just the business group at the local apple store always calls me when new stuff is coming out cause I always purchase everything...

It's possible they just factored in the discounts for you, since you appear to fit their definition of a "loyalty" account (based on what I just read this morning). That nets you between 5% and 10% on various things, depending.

----------

For whatever it's worth, prospective MP purchasers might want to ask about the "loyalty" pricing. Based on the article I read this morning, you just need to spend $5k or more in a 12 month period to break the lower end of the scale, and a single MP could get you there if you add enough stuff to it. Here's the article I read:

http://www.informationweek.com/desktop/apple-discounts-for-big-loyal-buyers/d/d-id/1108035?

Djreversal

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2007
I am trying to get the same computer priced with an 8-core CPU option, i just remember him on the phone saying a number... i can't remember if it was like 1400 or 1800 to go up to the 8core.. but i was like Damn that would basically put me over a budget... I told him i wanted to be between 5-6k for the system.. My main goals i figured i would focus on were Ram and Hard drive space, i also am planning on doing a bunch of 3d VFX and video editing on top of sound design, so i said bumped the GFX cards up would be a nice, and he said it wasn't bad to go to the 500 series.. I will ask what the jump to the 700 series would cost as well, maybe i can help u guys out further.

Spinland

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Utica, NY, USA
Appreciate it. Just kind of chomping at the bit to pull the trigger on my own MP purchase and these tidbits of information are like sips of cold water on a desert march. ;)

Djreversal

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2007
I asked for the 8 core pricing and the d700 pricing and he said the Mac Pro pricing system went off line he will try again later today

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.