Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Installed it on my main Retina Macbook Pro. I've had a few minor issues.

Adium doesn't like to load sometimes. You have to turn off wifi, launch until it's done trying to connect then turn on wifi.

Photoshop crashes randomly, but very rare. And sometimes get weird problems where stuff in the graphics buffer pops up in the window, don't know.

Also sometimes a bluetooth mouse will draaagggggg. Something to do with safari. You can to exit and restart.

Other then that not terrible haha.

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
OK, you guys talked me into it. Downloading now for installation on my only MBP. Now my dilemma is, should I pay $99 to install iOS 8?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
For the same reason I installed Yosemite. To try the cool new features now.

If that's what you want to do, have at it! :)

For me, I'm not paying the fee to be a dev, when I'm not one. I'll wait until the public release. As for Yosemite, I got the public beta because it was free!

llarc84

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
Yeah I have Yosemite installed as my main and only OS on my MacBook Air. Like others have mentioned, whether or not you should or should not do the same depends on what apps you use and how you use your computer. You should also have a time machine backup of your current OS in case something goes wrong.

There are a few minor annoyances just like with the iOS 8 beta, but I'm not going back to Mavericks. Looking forward to the next beta release for both iOS and OS X.

wheresmychevy

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2014
I installed the Public Beta via clean install using a thumb drive and so far the only issue I've had is when I clear my history it signs me out of the sites I was signed in to. It remembers my username and passwords but it's annoying to have to sign in every time I want to clear my history.

Anything Y'all know of to fix it let me know.
Thanks

When I had it installed alongside Mavericks it was buggy as hell. Freeze ups, poor video quality, mail was non responsive.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
I installed the Public Beta via clean install using a thumb drive and so far the only issue I've had is when I clear my history it signs me out of the sites I was signed in to. It remembers my username and passwords but it's annoying to have to sign in every time I want to clear my history.

That's how it's supposed to work. See the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.05.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.05.27 PM.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 101

wheresmychevy

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2014
That sucks. It didn't do that in Safari 7.1. :eek:

I don't like Apple or any company thinking for me and telling me whats best for me.

Oh Well.

Dizle

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
The Beach
Works well on my 2014 MBA, some minor glitches but overall I'm pleased! Now give us iOS 8 so we can really see what it can do

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
OK, you guys talked me into it. Downloading now for installation on my only MBP. Now my dilemma is, should I pay $99 to install iOS 8?

Wow, you must have excess money to throw away. If I were you , I wouldn't pay $99 a year just to "try out new features" before everybody else. Just be patient, save your money for more useful things. iOS8 will be here before you know it.

nvarga

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2013
I installed Yosemite on my main machine, used it for few days. At first everything was ok. Then it started lagging, it would shutdown or restart so I'm back to 10.9.4 for now. Miss the new look...

Basilfawltyone

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2013
Chicago, IL
Installed it on my 2014 MBPr 15, not one single problem i three days!

Works fine and looks great, like the new flat interface a lot.

Crisp and clear. Just - Apple.

TheGeneralLee86

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2014
West Topsham, VT
How many people using Yosemite on there main System?

I know I am and was willing to take the plunge into because I have a spare computer, I have done it with my PC with windows also and have not ever had a problem knock on wood! LOL Just wondering how many other people have done this also on their main machine?:)

matreya

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
I know I am and was willing to take the plunge into because I have a spare computer, I have done it with my PC with windows also and have not ever had a problem knock on wood! LOL Just wondering how many other people have done this also on their main machine?:)

I have, and I'm still keeping a clone of my system before upgrading to Yosemite Public Beta, just in case.

So far, I've had a few minor problems, but nothing that's made me want to go back to Mavericks.

TheGeneralLee86

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2014
West Topsham, VT
I have, and I'm still keeping a clone of my system before upgrading to Yosemite Public Beta, just in case.

So far, I've had a few minor problems, but nothing that's made me want to go back to Mavericks.
Me too but didn't do a backup though but will be trying to see if I can setup my Windows pc to use as a Time Machine back up and storage PC so I don't have to spend the money on another drive because I just bought the drive in that a year ago and it is a big 3TB HDD!:eek:

melburstein

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2012

I've become such an Apple fan that I plunged head first. I found Yosemite just a smooth as Maverick. Then, last week an unexpected problem with Safari resulted in hours on the phone and this forum. This is the last time I will use a beta release as on my primary computer. But I still love Mac.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Installed in on my main system. Everyone claims Safari is way better. That has not been my experience.

It's stable enough for me though.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Had it for a week. No issues but in the last few days I have had mail hang quite a few times. Safari is also super buggy. Tabs wouldn't show and had a hard time with youtube. Final cut x 10.1.2 crashed a few times. Restored Mavericks for the time being as this is my only machine. Was nice to try it out but still to buggy for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.