Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Belly-laughs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2003
you wish
i hope they're wrong
coz i dont want that mysterious hole to be a dock thing for the imac

they say that only accounts with special privillages can see the post, probably avoiding apple

Take a look at the symbols, display symbol from current MacBook Pro inserted.

macbook_ports2.jpg

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
"Recent product photo leaks including the 4th Generation iPod Nano and iPhone 3G have been left unchallenged by Apple's legal team, whereas, historically, Apple would have issued cease and desist letters to websites hosting such images."

Quite interesting. They obviously stopped doing that because they were making it obvious which of the rumours/"leaks" were true. But by leaving them completely unchallenged, the leaks have been getting gradually more and more revealing.

Methinks they need a balanced approach, if they want to keep a lid on things.

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
Notice how these are too thin to be true? That's because the bottom isn't flat. This way, Apple makes it quasi-thinner without tapering the sides to leave all the ports. I'm starting to believe this photo may be real (or at least a mockup identical to what it will look like):
205w711.jpg

Rounded bottom, as you can see.
attachment.php

Belly-laughs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2003
you wish
Another thing which is quite interesting is that the bottom cover of the Air is attached with 10 screws. The images of the innards of the MacBook X chassis shows no screw holes along the side or front edge, only at the back.

CrossedBearings

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
You can't fight progress

I much prefer the chicklet too, but most chicklet-lovers don't want to add to the grief of those who don't like it. Tomorrow'll be a sad day for those who loved and cherished the old MBP keyboard.

No doubts either that chicklet is the way to go. I reckon too that they will just have to get over it. Else be left behind.

"You can't fight progress..."

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
Notice how these are too thin to be true? That's because the bottom isn't flat. This way, Apple makes it quasi-thinner without tapering the sides to leave all the ports. I'm starting to believe this photo may be real (or at least a mockup identical to what it will look like):
205w711.jpg

Rounded bottom, as you can see.
attachment.php

It wont be any thinner.....

though i wouldnt mind a lower price point...

hqsbud

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2003
Masklinn's reply to me saying it's an ordinary MiniDVI port.

That's also what I think, but the size of the port is noticeably smaller than the mini-dvi port on my own macbook, be it compared to the USB ports next to it (mini-dvi is 8mm high, USB ports are 6mm, so mini-dvi is 30% higher) or compared to the jacks (4mm diameter, so half the mini-dvi height). On this pic, the port is at best the height of the USB ports, so much smaller than the existing mini-dvi

You were absolutely right! I was right about the shape, but wrong about the rest.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
heres the case with the air's trackpad and keyboard superimposed on. im a noob at photoshop so the gradients are messed up. stupid healing brush tool doesnt work the way it should!!

WTH, I was just browsing this thread and noticed my picture I photoshoped has that MacX.cn watermark on it. How did they change the picture I attached?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.