Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omega21

macrumors member
May 5, 2008
Alberta / Canada
Am I the only one who actually prefer the chiclet keyboard? Everyone seems to be very against them.
Been trying out the MBP keyboard and dont like it nearly as much as the chiclets.
Maybe you just need some time to get used to them?

That's why I've been waiting. I want a pro with chiclets so much! XD

mtzalex

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2008
on drugs...

no, but I'm probably going to like the new ones that'll be presented tomorrow!! :eek:

Hope the guys that photoshoped this were on drugs...

And hope the Apple guys who designed the ones for tomorrow were not on drugs. :D

macbooker15

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Hello! I'm over here!
Dont know why no one pointed this out but check this:
1223891503_1.jpg

The label is:
From left to right PCI-E card slot audio headset (microphone) FireWire 800 two USB MINI-DVI output power interface.

So we know that Macbook pro will have firewire 800 and MINI-DVI despite the wrongly labeled port

EDIT: BUT, there is no mention of Ethernet! Only "Power Interface".

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Dont know why no one pointed this out but check this: <snipped image we've all seen>

The label is:
From left to right PCI-E card slot audio headset (microphone) FireWire 800 two USB MINI-DVI output power interface.

So we know that Macbook pro will have firewire 800 and MINI-DVI despite the wrongly labeled port

Umm, not? The correct labeling is: ExpressCard slot, headset, microphone, display (mini-DisplayPort most likely), two USB, FireWire 800, ethernet, MagSafe (out of frame).

That's all been backed up and reverified, assuming these shots are correct, many times in this and other threads.

jW

macbooker15

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Hello! I'm over here!
Umm, not? The correct labeling is: ExpressCard slot, headset, microphone, display (mini-DisplayPort most likely), two USB, FireWire 800, ethernet, MagSafe (out of frame).

That's all been backed up and reverified, assuming these shots are correct, many times in this and other threads.

jW

PCI-E is ExpressCard. Also, why wouldn't we trust the people that took the photographs to label them?:confused::confused:

EDIT: The Power has not been on the side of the ports before. For all we know it could be this:
evkffy2p

That little thing on the top right.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
PCI-E is ExpressCard. Also, why wouldn't we trust the people that took the photographs to label them?:confused::confused:

Actually, PCI-E is PCI Express, found on the Mac Pro (it's a full size PCI style card). I do trust the labels, which is why I'm pointing out that you're dead wrong on the ports that I mentioned. The label on the one you're calling FireWire 800 is clearly the established display icon as found on all current Apple notebooks, and the FireWire icon is clearly visible (well, as clear as it can be considering the image) on the port you labeled as Mini-DVI.

jW

EDIT: Aaaand, to answer your edit, the power connection (MagSafe) is currently right next to the other ports (I'm typing on a MacBook right now, and I work on both MB's and MBP's all day long), and they will without a doubt continue to be, considering these pictures. I don't think there's a port on the top right of that image at all, simply a thicker area of the casing to support the weight of the display. There's a similar area, slightly differently shaped, on the left.

What I'm more interested in is the hole on the top left of that image. I can't think of any reason for that.

macbooker15

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Hello! I'm over here!
Actually, PCI-E is PCI Express, found on the Mac Pro (it's a full size PCI style card). I do trust the labels, which is why I'm pointing out that you're dead wrong on the ports that I mentioned. The label on the one you're calling FireWire 800 is clearly the established display icon as found on all current Apple notebooks, and the FireWire icon is clearly visible (well, as clear as it can be considering the image) on the port you labeled as Mini-DVI.

jW

EDIT: Aaaand, to answer your edit, the power connection (MagSafe) is currently right next to the other ports (I'm typing on a MacBook right now, and I work on both MB's and MBP's all day long), and they will without a doubt continue to be, considering these pictures. I don't think there's a port on the top right of that image at all, simply a thicker area of the casing to support the weight of the display. There's a similar area, slightly differently shaped, on the left.

What I'm more interested in is the hole on the top left of that image. I can't think of any reason for that.
I think were talking about different labels here:rolleyes:

My labels are the badly translated chinese ones found here.

Further more, I think that your hole is a power button.

EDIT: Also, thats the macbook non-pro case so its most definitely a power button.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I think were talking about different labels here:rolleyes:

My labels are the badly translated chinese ones found here.

Further more, I think that your hole is a power button.

EDIT: Also, thats the macbook non-pro case so its most definitely a power button.

Ah, never saw that site (just the pictures as linked on this one). I think I'd ignore what they say, since the markings on the computer clearly disprove it (and the sizes don't fit anyways).

The power button for the computer won't be on the bottom, though. That'd be absolutely absurd. In case you're not seeing the same thing, look at the picture you posted, the hole I'm referring to is clearly seen in the top left corner of the bottom case, going straight through (it's larger than the feet on the iBooks, though smaller than the ones on the MacBooks, so it could be that a foot will come off to reveal a screw to remove the top case or something like that.

jW

macbooker15

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Hello! I'm over here!
Ah, never saw that site (just the pictures as linked on this one). I think I'd ignore what they say, since the markings on the computer clearly disprove it (and the sizes don't fit anyways).

The power button for the computer won't be on the bottom, though. That'd be absolutely absurd. In case you're not seeing the same thing, look at the picture you posted, the hole I'm referring to is clearly seen in the top left corner of the bottom case, going straight through (it's larger than the feet on the iBooks, though smaller than the ones on the MacBooks, so it could be that a foot will come off to reveal a screw to remove the top case or something like that.

jW

Ok, we can end that contention then. But i don't understand what you are saying about the power button. Thats not a bottom case, its a topcase. :confused:No bottom case pictures have been posted yet.
zxez68p9.jpg

If you flip that around, you get:
evkffy2p

With the power button in the top left of the topcase.

EDIT: OH! You mean the bottom of the top case, therefor the bottom case. My point still stands however.

Freddie220

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2008
Nice, France
I am going to florida on Friday to see what the MBP is like and maybe
buying it, but new better batteries are coming out in FEB (silver zinc) and they will last 3 times longer... so i might wait

MasterNile

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX
buying it, but new better batteries are coming out in FEB (silver zinc) and they will last 3 times longer... so i might wait

What if they're not in stores on Friday yet?
side note: do you really type that out (I realize probably copy/paste but still...) on all your posts instead of making it your signature?

macbooker15

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Hello! I'm over here!
What if they're not in stores on Friday yet?
side note: do you really type that out (I realize probably copy/paste but still...) on all your posts instead of making it your signature?

Yeah...why not make it your sig.

I think your just trying to beat my sig! He's trying to be better than me in every way!

spryen

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2008
Touch Screen!

all i'm saying is if they release a touch screen tablet that would answer all of the "brick" talk and speculation. also the technology is obviously out there being being the iPhone plus HP just released their touch screen desktop that slightly resembles an iMac. any thoughts? i'm puttin $50 on it!

MasterNile

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX
all i'm saying is if they release a touch screen tablet that would answer all of the "brick" talk and speculation. also the technology is obviously out there being being the iPhone plus HP just released their touch screen desktop that slightly resembles an iMac. any thoughts? i'm puttin $50 on it!

Well I saw you post this before but decided to comment on it this time.
How does touch screen tablet=brick?
The technology is not in questions, it's the use,functionality, and execution of it that is.
And the HP touch screen desktop is a trivial piece of technology it's not a full touch screen, it has touch screen abilities built over Windows Vista, it's not like the iPhone at all which has touch screen built into the OS

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Ok, we can end that contention then. But i don't understand what you are saying about the power button. Thats not a bottom case, its a topcase. :confused:No bottom case pictures have been posted yet.

If you flip that around, you get:

With the power button in the top left of the topcase.

EDIT: OH! You mean the bottom of the top case, therefor the bottom case. My point still stands however.

LOL, I'm just being dense apparently. Sorry, completely not thinking about it. Little surprised that's up so close to the corner, but I guess it's a new style.

jW

Masklinn

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2006
Just curious if this has been disproved. i saw this back in july.
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/07/macbook_touch_hitting_streets.php
You're doing it wrong. It first has to be proven, or at least substantiated, before it's disproveable.

Basic science: the burden of proof falls on the one making the "outlandish" claim.

In the case of these tablets, the rumor's been there for years, but there's been 0 evidence, hard of soft. There's therefore nothing to disprove, the default position is that it doesn't exist.

spryen

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2008
Hasn't been disproved, but also has no proof to further the rumor either.

True and im sure im pissin in the wind on this one but when i think of a brick in relation to a computer that image fits well in my mind. Also apple has their ways of keeping things out of the public eye (very loosely quoting Jobs from the release of the latest ipods) but being a graphic designer i more want to see what i would be able to do with a touch screen over a mouse or trackpad. Lame wishful thinking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.