Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jedclampit

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Works great. Ordered at 11:58pm to the second, Thursday night. Live in Cupertino and shows mine coming from Nashville. 2 iPhone 5 shipped together.

Multiple Packages:2Shipped/Billed On:09/15/2012Type:packageWeight:0.90 lb

Location Date Local Time Activity
Nashville, TN, United States 09/17/2012 3:06 P.M. Departure Scan
Nashville, TN, United States 09/16/2012 4:01 P.M. Departure Scan
09/16/2012 10:44 A.M. Origin Scan
United States 09/15/2012 12:25 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

This is like Christmas when I was a kid. Instead of talking to friends at school about the cool thing your going to get on Christmas! Instead we are here doing the samething. It is like we are tracking Santa Claus Coming To Town... The anticipation is all pert of the fun!

craigc_

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
Mine also coming to Toronto. I haven't been able to find it. I'm not worried though. Toronto is in Zone 1. We'll get it on Friday.

I'm just crossing my fingers for FedEX. UPS **always** bungles shipments to my building. It's a complicated way in so some of them don't even try, don't leave a sticker, nothing, they just leave. My FedEX guy on the other hand is always here early.

I'm about 95% confident it will be shipped via UPS. Was the case for both my iPhone 4S and new iPad.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Umm. Did you make 15 separate threads about each leg of your tracking journey? Did you post dramatic fearful worried posts about where and when you could expect your phone?

Or did you calmly check your tracking number for your own interest?

If you answered the latter, you are not part of the problem. And I'm not sure why you'd feel compelled to defend those who are, those with the characteristics mentioned in my post, which covers of a lot of people these days.

The latter, for sure. Thanks for clarifying that you don't have a problem with people simply checking- I can see why you're annoyed with the endless amount of threads though, and I can also see why you'd think the creators of those threads have the personality traits you identified. I certainly misunderstood your intent.

And I know some of them are indeed whiny entitled brats. But surely not all of them are, right? Some people would be completely understanding if you kindly pointed out, "Hey, here's another thread that's already been made", or something like that. The ones that try to lash out are the ones you're talking about. They deserve your wrath :p

tuan time

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
UPS delivery intercept

My order status still says preparing for shipment. I did the above method and got a tracking number and its in nashville. Has anyone ever used USP delivery intercept to reroute their iphone to another address? I recently moved for college but had to ship to the family plan owner's billing address which is 4 hours away...

gallianp

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
It seems to work for me -- but it say it is shipping to New Port Richey FL and I live in Missouri -- OH NO!!

Lakerfan323

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Tracking Your IPhone on ups website

Cool I found my tracking number and where it is now sweet.... thanks for the info......

indianboynyc

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
i have 3 different phones being delivered 3 different places, its weird that only 32gb order is working and my 2 16 gb orders arent showing up on ups

Ran7

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
I'm just surprised in general that it's all UPS from what i've seen so far.
It is a perspective error to assume it is all UPS. Although it maybe, it also maybe that the FEDEX orders simply cant be tracked that way and people not getting confirmation are the FEDEX recipients.

rmcalhany

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2007
Well, this is brilliant. One of my 2 phones shipped yesterday from Nashville and now is in Louisville Kentucky. The problem is I live in Nashville... WTF?

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
I am in the same boat.

Well it finally did work for me. Although I'm still "Preparing for shipment" according to apple. I've been using my home number(landline) + area code, for the reference number. My last apple product was via fedex, so I thought thats the website I needed to use. However, this time, its UPS.

I still haven't received my email from apple saying its been shipped, I think there is a major delay with apple/all shipping venues. I'm supposed to be receiving 4 packages within the week, and 3 of them aren't trackable for some reason. Thankfully my iPhone is the one I can actually look up.

Don't worry, If you're supposed to get it on the 21st, thats when you'll get it. ;)

Ran7

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
The people who are obsessively tracking a package when they already know when it's coming are the same people who party in my building's hallway at 3am on a weeknight because they think they still live in a dorm.
The people trolling and whining about the existence of this thread and the exchange of information are the same people who go to a building they dont live in and complaining if they see anyone having a good time, even if that good time doesn't bother anyone. They are bitter and jealous -- and small.

Seriously are you complaining about people having a good time on a thread? This isn't your building's hallway and you have to consciously come here to make your broad and bitter comments.

My UPS guy has the keys to my front hallway in my urban home. I get all my UPS packages seamlessly on the first try. My USPS guy on the other hand will never deliver a package, he will fill out a missed deliverer slip in the truck and bundle it with the mail, not even bothering to try and deliver, so I have to go to the post office three days later for any USPS package. My fedex guy gets a signature from any neighbor and leaves everything outside my door for thieves. The data of how and when an a time will come is important to me.

Incidentally things like a new phone, a new car, a new suit or watch are valid things to be excited about as well.

I am 55 I am not tweeting my iphone purchases. But I want to know as early as possible when they will to arrive, and frankly I also would not myself make any judgement about anyone tweeting and excited. Good for them!

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
There's def a delay in apples system. Both of mine have tracking numbers and are en route via UPS yet apple said they're still preparing for shipment. Not worried at all and I know they'll come Friday.

wrightrules1

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Am I the only one that can't track mine? My order went through at 1:58 CDT (12:58 Mountain Time) and I can't track.. AT&T better get mine here Friday.

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Huh, that's a nifty tip, mine (UPS) shows it left AK at just before 1 AM, Apple has not been updated yet. So I guess I will just refresh it once a day, thanks!

IndianGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
mine is shipping from Nashville, TN, United States. Still no shipped email from apple

Kenjancef

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
East Providence, RI
Huh, that's a nifty tip, mine (UPS) shows it left AK at just before 1 AM, Apple has not been updated yet. So I guess I will just refresh it once a day, thanks!

Mine left AK at the same time, maybe our phones are on the same plane.. lol

And, FOR ME, this is pretty fun to see where the phones are all at. This is the first time I was able to participate in a pre-order, and I think it's cool to watch them make the trip from China to all of us lucky ones that are able to get them on Friday.

To each his own....

SteveLV702

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
Okay I tracked based on Phone Number reference and I show a package scheduled for Friday 09/21 by 3pm delivery... Yet it aint coming from China its coming from Addison, IL, United States it shows was shipped on Monday the 17th via Next Day Air so since shipped via next day air yet not delivered until Friday I am 99.9999% certain its my iPhone... Yet weird is apple order status doesn't show shipped just still says "Preparing for Shipment"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-18 at 6.55.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-18 at 6.55.06 AM.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 146
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.