Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
CholEoptera36 said:
Sweet, I can't wait to see them :D
it had people dancing to the complete opposite music than they normally would. country dancers line dancing to hip hop. punk rock moshing to some classical stuff. then break dancers doing you got served stuff to some other kind of music, i can't remember it. if you guys want to see it im sure they will show it again, just turn on mtv. Apple also had their latest ipod spot played during the show.

iJon

CholEoptera36

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2004
iJon said:
it had people dancing to the complete opposite music than they normally would. country dancers line dancing to hip hop. punk rock moshing to some classical stuff. then break dancers doing you got served stuff to some other kind of music, i can't remember it. if you guys want to see it im sure they will show it again, just turn on mtv. Apple also had their latest ipod spot played during the show.

iJon

That's awesome man, I'm definitely gonna have to catch it. I've been anticipating the new advertisements all week :)

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
they just showed hp's logo before break, so they may show it again right now. check it out guys.

edit: yep, it's on again, but they aren't showing the whole thing

iJon

geerlingguy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2003
St. Louis, USA
iJon said:
they just showed hp's logo before break, so they may show it again right now. check it out guys.

edit: yep, it's on again, but they aren't showing the whole thing

iJon

Anybody have a web link or recorded video?

I don't quite get MTV. ;)

CholEoptera36

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2004
geerlingguy said:
Anybody have a web link or recorded video?

I don't quite get MTV. ;)

Wish I did man, I'd definitely give ya one. I saw the commercial too and it looks really kool. I think this is going to help Apple out a lot by selling iPods with HP after seeing the advertisement. It's like a reminder to everyone that the iPod is still the best Mp3 player in the world...

jonatan_bien

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2004
Really Didn't like the HP adv.

I really didn't like the adv. of HP. Apple Adv look *much* cooler :D
Also now the iPod has become not a product but a category: which is much cooler because it distinguish it from the others :)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
macumus said:
I wonder if HP licensed this iMac image from Apple.
In the video they say it's SuSE's desktop.
Can they do that otherwise? Did the linux guys license it? Maybe HP is going to license OS X from Apple and this is just a precursor?
I doubt that it's Apple's image. Why would they produce a picture of a Mac with a Penguin leaning on it? Apple normally obtain design patents rather than copyrights on their hardware appearance, so the shape isn't going to be protected in an icon.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
CholEoptera36 said:
I guess it just looks weird seeing an iPod or any Apple product personalized to that extent. Usually personallizing your mac with color is as far as we've seen before.
Nah. Especially with the old toaster Macs, it was really common to plaster them with stickers or paint them in all sorts of weird designs. The PowerBook 1400 even had a special translucent panel on the lid just for that purpose.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Tattoo pic

Here's a pic of the tattoos, if you haven't gotten any other images to work:

storyII.IPOD.AP.gif

That one looks bad, and most people will want white I think. But some good things:

1. You can design and print your OWN on pre-cut tattoos. That's actually cool.

2. The corners are always a problem with these sticker-skins, but HP curved them in a way that looks better than most.

3. They're not permanent. Change them any time or go back to white.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/08/30/digitalmusic.ap/index.html

This HP deal won't transform HP into a cool consumer brand. But it will sell a ton of iPods!

geerlingguy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2003
St. Louis, USA
iJon said:

I think the ads might be pretty good if viewed on a TV in real time. HP needs to find a way to get better quality ads on their site (<cough>use QuickTime</cough>)!

The ads were groggy grayish in color, and about 10 fps, with jerky motion (it's not a problem on my end - I used WMP's buffer-ability to buffer the whole thing before it played). WMP is really lousy - why don't PC companies realize this?

Mac MMG

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2003
PA
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/08/30/digitalmusic.ap/index.html

Note this paragraph:

“As part of the deal with Apple, HP has also begun bundling Apple's iTunes jukebox software and iTunes Music Store with all of its computers. HP's upcoming new digital entertainment center -- a hub that stores digital music, photos and videos and hooks up with a home television and stereo system -- will also feature the iTunes software.”

Let see if apple announces this Hub tomorrow.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
geerlingguy said:
I think the ads might be pretty good if viewed on a TV in real time. HP needs to find a way to get better quality ads on their site (<cough>use QuickTime</cough>)!

The ads were groggy grayish in color, and about 10 fps, with jerky motion (it's not a problem on my end - I used WMP's buffer-ability to buffer the whole thing before it played). WMP is really lousy - why don't PC companies realize this?
i don't mind wmp to much, if they encode it high enough. that was a real small file, have to remember that. i do like quicktime better, but wmp has some features i like. i love how i can double click any video and it goes to full screen, last time i checked quicktime doesn't do that, nor does wmp on os x.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.