Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
Oh yes. I can understand that, I've heard my dad complaining about Apple's lack of effort in trying to come up with a proper enterprise solution.

But then, Apple targets consumers, not businesses. But I think Apple should try to focus on the enterprise sector for a change.

Agree. I love my Mac (Mac Pro, two MBPs, mini) but none of the OS X versions I have used can snap through through MS Office and cloud sourced software like my cheapie 32-bit W7 Acer at work. Even W8 on my Mac Pro out performs Mavericks for similar type work.

Since a lot of what I do personally on a computer is the exact type of stuff that Mac excels in I prefer Macs. Plus it is hard to find hardware as nice as Apple hardware.

Arfdog

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2013
wow the fanboyism is strong in this thread. I seriously dont understand how someone can have THAT many problems with their windows machine. Sure it can have its occasional hiccups and whatnot but the way some of you make it sound, its like the machine constantly sits their with error messages popping up randomly.

Ive been using windows based machines my entire life and though they arent perfect, they sure arent as horrible as some people make it out to be.

Windows isn't horrible, but there are much better choices like OS X.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
I have been helping my MIL set up her new Dell laptop which is running the new Windows 7. I havent really been familiar with windows since XP so its torture for me to try to work out the changes etc & set it in the best way possible for her. To be honest, i would have preferred to get her a macbook but it was too expensive for what she needed it for, to be able to have video conferences with her family.
My SIL's both have laptops running Vista & even from that there is so many differences in the 7!

I just think in most ways, mac is far easier to get the hang of & anything you dont, I can always go into an Apple store & ask!!!

Go APPLE!!:):p

Totally agree, hate having to use Windows out of my own home.

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
Windows isn't horrible, but there are much better choices like OS X.

Fixed that for you. Window 8 has to be the biggest POS OS I've ever used. And I've been using PCs since DOS was king.

Windows XP is the last stable MS OS release, although 7 wasn't too bad. But whoever let Windows 8 out the door needs their head examined.

Arfdog

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2013
Fixed that for you. Window 8 has to be the biggest POS OS I've ever used. And I've been using PCs since DOS was king.

Windows XP is the last stable MS OS release, although 7 wasn't too bad. But whoever let Windows 8 out the door needs their head examined.

lol heard that

jordanm86

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
It pains me to admit it, but I think Apple may have just passed their 'XP' with Lion.

I've been an Apple user since OSX Tiger and before that Windows user since DOS and quite frankly, I think the quality of Apple's software and hardware releases has dropped dramatically.

I recently ordered a new iMac near enough maxed out but upgraded the RAM with Crucial... crazy kernel panics. Tried with Kingston too, same thing. I found lots of other people with the same issue (unstable after 24GB or more of third party RAM) so after wasting three days trying to resolve it, I packed it back up and sent it back to Apple.

I re-ordered with 32GB of Apple's Exploitation RAM (at least £200 above anything else with the same spec on the market) in order to fix the issue.

Machine received yesterday and the screen is mottled/patchy and has a dark line about an inch thick running down the screen close to the centre (and a touch of yellowing in the bottom corner).

I think they have forgotten (or don't care) that most of their longer standing customers who buy lots of products (between me and my girlfriend we have an iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPad 3rd Gen, iPad Mini, iMac (though this is being replaced again), Macbook Pro) care more about quality than the 'oh it's pretty' factor and are focussing too much on the mass market which means they cannot guarantee quality.

I mean, this latest iMac looked like it had been packaged in the dark... the cellophane covers were not tucked in properly (twisted and dirty looking), there was what looked like grass/dirt under the sticker seal on the main box.

There's a perfect opportunity available for anyone who can produce great quality hardware on a great operating system (even at a premium) as whilst Apple is still selling 'premium', it would seem the quality does not match.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
I have been helping my MIL set up her new Dell laptop which is running the new Windows 7. I havent really been familiar with windows since XP so its torture for me to try to work out the changes etc & set it in the best way possible for her. To be honest, i would have preferred to get her a macbook but it was too expensive for what she needed it for, to be able to have video conferences with her family.
My SIL's both have laptops running Vista & even from that there is so many differences in the 7!

I just think in most ways, mac is far easier to get the hang of & anything you dont, I can always go into an Apple store & ask!!!

Go APPLE!!:):p

If it's torture for you to figure out something as simple as the Win7 OS then the problem is you, not the software.

----------

If you consider XP more stable than 7, then I am not really sure what to say to you.

The early 7 beta was more stable than Windows XP SP3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.