Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
What are your thoughts on the new case? Did you have a previous one to compare it to?

You know I have my new cover for days now but never took it out of the box until i read your message. It is way different than I expected. I am comparing it to my iPad 3 cover and the iPad 3 cover has a metal side that fastens to the edge. This new one is looking to be made cheaper, and the magnetic part seems not as strong as the original one i have. I hope it fits ok and stays on the new iPad Air 2. Now I am a bit worried. May have to look for other options if it does not perform well but we will have to wait and see when the iPad Air 2 gets here.:rolleyes:

----------

People tried to say that about another guy in the iPhone thread and then he produced proof. We'll see...

Yes Sir, We shall See. :p I think he's trolling. But all he has to do is provide proof to substantiate that statement of his. ;)

Red-Comet

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
What are your thoughts on the new case? Did you have a previous one to compare it to?

No, I had an Otterbox case for my previous iPad, but I decided that I wanted something more minimalist this time. The case is great. It's incredibly light and thin, but I feel as if it's going to offer a decent amount of protection. The leather has a very nice feel to it as well.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
No, I had an Otterbox case for my previous iPad, but I decided that I wanted something more minimalist this time. The case is great. It's incredibly light and thin, but I feel as if it's going to offer a decent amount of protection. The leather has a very nice feel to it as well.

Thanks, I have the smart case for my mini and do like it but I think the flap isn't as easy to lift open as I would like for the money. I'm still thinking about picking up the one for the Air.

dapetrun

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2006
Western Pennsylvania
I just went to the Apple iPad site and its still says 2-4 business days before shipping and you are saying it will arrive tomorrow?

False unless you can proof it with documentation and of course black out your personal info. Otherwise it is NOT TRUE.

Nope, not what I said. Can't you read? I said that APPLE said in an IM that it will arrive tomorrow. And yes, I could easily provide proof to their IM but, for what purpose? I could care less if a few adolescents on this website don't care to believe my post. I don't even care if Apple's IM holds true or not. It will get here tomorrow, or the next day or next week. It will get here when it get's here and I certainly won't lose any sleep over when. It's just an iPad, not a kidney or a lung!

The level of immaturity from some of those who post on MacRumors never ceases to amaze me.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
You know I have my new cover for days now but never took it out of the box until i read your message. It is way different than I expected. I am comparing it to my iPad 3 cover and the iPad 3 cover has a metal side that fastens to the edge. This new one is looking to be made cheaper, and the magnetic part seems not as strong as the original one i have. I hope it fits ok and stays on the new iPad Air 2. Now I am a bit worried. May have to look for other options if it does not perform well but we will have to wait and see when the iPad Air 2 gets here.:rolleyes:

I think Apple had to change the design to this new hinge as the old version would have caused significant wear and tear to the Space Grey/Slate model with constantly taking it on and off. It's likely it would have chipped it. It seems that it was more of an issue with Slate, but now they just kept the new design for Space Grey too.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
Does anyone know if they are shipping from China or USA? Any confirmation from anyone? Please post proof if you are able. Thanks.

Think I saw a post saying they might have some stockpiled in warehouses. I'm in the UK so I don't know when I'll get mine, or whether there are iPad Air 2's already in the UK.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Nope, not what I said. Can't you read? I said that APPLE said in an IM that it will arrive tomorrow. And yes, I could easily provide proof to their IM but, for what purpose? I could care less if a few adolescents on this website don't care to believe my post. I don't even care if Apple's IM holds true or not. It will get here tomorrow, or the next day or next week. It will get here when it get's here and I certainly won't lose any sleep over when. It's just an iPad, not a kidney or a lung!

The level of immaturity from some of those who post on MacRumors never ceases to amaze me.

Well, I see that you are taking this way too serious. This is suppose to be a fun way to pass the time while devices are shipped to us. Then you post a listing that states shipping times that are a little unbelievable and there is nothing wrong with me asking you for proof. This name calling is really uncalled for. I am not the adolescent here in this case my friend. You need to lighten up some.

If you don't want to post proof, DON'T but don't expect people to believe you either. Case closed!

Flair4TheGold

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
I'm not quite understanding why people think they are entitled to force people to provide proof. Either he gets it tomorrow or he doesn't. It wouldn't surprise me. It would make more sense than the folks saying deliveries won't happen until Friday.

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
Well, I see that you are taking this way too serious. This is suppose to be a fun way to pass the time while devices are shipped to us. Then you post a listing that states shipping times that are a little unbelievable and there is nothing wrong with me asking you for proof. This name calling is really uncalled for. I am not the adolescent here in this case my friend. You need to lighten up some.

If you don't want to post proof, DON'T but don't expect people to believe you either. Case closed!

I just read back a few pages and you called the poor guy out on it 2-3 times. It seems like you were being incredibly obsessive, which itself was very immature. As I said, let it go.

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
People will get it Friday, doesn't matter if it's preparation for shipping today

It will then sit in a warehouse of it gets there too early

That is not true. Apple wouldn't give someone a date earlier if they weren't going to honor it. Apple told me they will most likely deliver before the quoted dates.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
I just read back a few pages and you called the poor guy out on it 2-3 times. It seems like you were being incredibly obsessive, which itself was very immature. As I said, let it go.

Now I am the bad guy here it seems in everyone's eyes. Fine. I will let it go. I am done with this. I actually hope that he does get it tomorrow as I am not against anyone. I won't say another word about it. You people are something else. Good Luck Dapetrun, I hope it arrives for you tomorrow.

macmyworld

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
My case is coming from TN and will arrive Thursday according to UPS. I received notice that it shipped 10/17 but it didn't really leave until today. So the iPads will have to ship tonight if Apple uses ground, otherwise I won't see mine by Friday. I am in MN

djbuddha

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2011
The site opened at 11 AM eastern ... Here's my email .. Note the time of the email. Bottom line, if that person got a faster delivery time than me I'm gonna reach through the Internet and slap someone at Apple. In other words, slapping someone through the Internet is about as ludicrous as claiming they got a special IM nobody else received. ;)

image.jpg

alexwei

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
Mine has been preparing for shipment for the whole day today

Give... Me... My... iPad!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

DoofenshmirtzEI

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
The site opened at 11 AM eastern ... Here's my email .. Note the time of the email. Bottom line, if that person got a faster delivery time than me I'm gonna reach through the Internet and slap someone at Apple. In other words, slapping someone through the Internet is about as ludicrous as claiming they got a special IM nobody else received. ;)

For one, you got a cellular, and apparently the wifi's are showing movement towards shipping first. When I posted about mine showing movement, only people with wifi's were also posting that. I don't know if that has changed in time since then, I haven't been following closely.

I'm not going to believe someone claiming an "IM" of delivery tomorrow without some sort of evidence other than them just saying so (especially since nobody else is popping up with delivery notifications), but neither do I feel compelled to hound them and call them a troll/liar. The truth will become apparent over the next several hours.

danj555

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
watch in like 3 hours we are all gunna get conf ship emails at the same time.:apple::apple: but it is getting kinda late... but still hope for iPads being shipped by end of today. its morning in China and late in the biz day for west coast. still hope before we go to bed people!!

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
I said that APPLE said in an IM that it will arrive tomorrow. And yes, I could easily provide proof to their IM but, for what purpose?

For the same purpose as your original post. Why post something and then refuse to provide proof? The only reason I can think of is trolling.

Greenstein

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Mine has been preparing for shipment for the whole day today

Give... Me... My... iPad!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
At least yours is preparing for shipment. I ordered mine within 5 mins after the store reopened and mine still says "processing".

applejunkie2014

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At least yours is preparing for shipment. I ordered mine within 5 mins after the store reopened and mine still says "processing".

I ordered mine within 5 minutes of the apple store opening too, and mine is preparing for shipment. my credit card finally has some sort of transaction on it.. it doesn't show the actual transaction but thats normal - it takes a day or two for it to show up - but my available limit is 600 bucks lower so i know its the apple purchase. I hope it gets here soon!! agh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.