Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaiPlusPlus

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
I ordered as soon as pre-orders were open on the 17th - I ordered the 64GB Silver Cellular model, my order status is still "Processing Items". My expected delivery window is October 24-28, delivering to Seattle, WA. I'm disappointed other people also ordered the Cellular model and are expecting them as soon as the 22nd.

...I feel so entitled :)

I got a 2% EPP discount on my iPad Air ($714 rather than $729), maybe they're using that as an excuse to delay processing by a couple of days. :eek:

I'm glad I ordered my iPhone 6 late because it meant I could get the iPad Air 2 on 0% interest for 2 years because it's within the 30-day account opening window of the Apple Barclaycard which I used to get my iPhone.

MrClam

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2012
Prepared for shipping.. But I live in Canada, so wont get it until next week...

Estimated 30th oct to 4th nov.

Shouldve just waited and got it from the store...

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Mine just switched to shipped! I'm especially excited because mine wasn't scheduled to arrive until 10/29-10/31. I've never seen anyone else posting that had a date as late as mine. Tomorrow I will see where it's shipping from. So far, the information isn't in UPS tracking yet. I suppose it could still take as long as into next week but probably not I hope. I'll be happy getting it by this Friday!

DoofenshmirtzEI

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
I ordered as soon as pre-orders were open on the 17th - I ordered the 64GB Silver Cellular model, my order status is still "Processing Items". My expected delivery window is October 24-28, delivering to Seattle, WA. I'm disappointed other people also ordered the Cellular model and are expecting them as soon as the 22nd.

...I feel so entitled :)

I got a 2% EPP discount on my iPad Air ($714 rather than $729), maybe they're using that as an excuse to delay processing by a couple of days. :eek:

I'm glad I ordered my iPhone 6 late because it meant I could get the iPad Air 2 on 0% interest for 2 years because it's within the 30-day account opening window of the Apple Barclaycard which I used to get my iPhone.

Seattle got screwed on the delivery windows, but I'm not sure what that will mean for actual delivery.

I haven't actually seen anybody in the US with a cellular order say it has gone to "preparing for shipment" (all of those that have specified say they are wifi-only). The only shipped orders I've seen with screenshots are in Australia. I'm not gonna freak out yet.

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
Walmart says preorder and it ships on 10/23. Wish that meant delivers on 10/23.

Best buy is 35 miles away and two apple stores are 65 mi away. Home delivery won't work, because I work all day (what a concept).

I'll just have to depend on the Mart.

samwel

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Origin of iPad Air 2

Just got shipped e-mail for delivery NLT 10-24-14. Originally scheduled to arrive 10/29-10/31. The tracking number shows the origin to be China (then to Anchorage, Louisville & to the West Coast if follows past history) should be flying out tomorrow. Will track UPS flight # on Flight Aware when I get a confirmation of departure from China. BTW my iPad was a gold, 128GB, WiFi + Cellular with engraving and the order was placed on 10-17-14 at 8:10 am Pacific. Hope this helps you guys.

http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/UPS

Last edited:

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle got screwed on the delivery windows, but I'm not sure what that will mean for actual delivery.

I haven't actually seen anybody in the US with a cellular order say it has gone to "preparing for shipment" (all of those that have specified say they are wifi-only). The only shipped orders I've seen with screenshots are in Australia. I'm not gonna freak out yet.

I'm too lazy to provide proof but mine went from preparing for shipment (since last Friday ) to shipped a little while ago. I don't have a delivery date yet. I have to wait until UPS updates (tomorrow?). I do have a tracking number though. Mine's a cellular and engraved. I ordered about 1.5 hours (maybe a little less) after Apple Store was up. Delivery could still take a while though. My original expected delivery window was 10/29-10/31.

----------

Just got shipped e-mail for delivery NLT 10-24-14. Originally scheduled to arrive 10/29-10/31. The tracking number shows the origin to be China, should be flying out tomorrow. Will track UPS flight # on Flight Aware when I get a confirmation of departure from China. BTW my iPad was a gold, 128GB with engraving and the order was placed on 10-17-14 at 8:10 am Pacific. Hope this helps you guys.

Yes! Thanks for the information. I am hoping I'll get mine by 10/24 now but then you are closer to China than I am. How do I know which flight my iPad will be on? Thanks.

samwel

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
iPad Air 2 Shipped

Just got shipped e-mail for delivery NLT 10-24-14. Originally scheduled to arrive 10/29-10/31. The tracking number shows the origin to be China (then to Anchorage, Louisville & to the West Coast if follows past history) should be flying out tomorrow. Will track UPS flight # on Flight Aware when I get a confirmation of departure from China. BTW my iPad was a gold, 128GB, WiFi + Cellular with engraving and the order was placed on 10-17-14 at 8:10 am Pacific. Hope this helps you guys.

Last edited:

shacky

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Did your iPad Air 2 ship yet?

My status changed to "preparing for shipment" but hasn't gone out yet. Has anyones?

Last edited by a moderator:

GleenGould

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2005
iPad air 2 cellular shipped yet?

Hi all... has your iPad air 2 cellular shipped yet? mine still "Processing Items"...

betabeta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
Looks like it really depends on the model you ordered, I ordered 128gb space grey LTE.

Still processing, 24-28, hope for anything this week:D

carrerascott

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
Mine still processing. 2x 128gb LTE expected delivery oct22-24. Hoping to get by Thursday as I'm going out of town 6am Friday...

MacintoshDan

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
I ordered my 64GB Space Gray Cellular Air 2 through a friend at an AT&T corporate store on the first preorder day. The website says 11-15 days. My tracking says preparing to ship for the status, but gives me a delivery window of 11/3-11/7. I am hoping to see it before the end of the week, but of course I am not too optimistic. If this is the case it will be the first iDevice I don't get on launch day since the iPhone 5.......

MacintoshDan

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
I ordered my 64 GB Space Gray Air 2 from an AT&T corporate store. Says preparing to ship. Delivery window is 11/3-11/7......

sap12690

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
My case shipped, will be here tomorrow. My iPad changed to"preparing for shipment" this morning. Hopefully it will change to "shipped" tomorrow and get it by Wednesday or Thursday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.