Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brian92610

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
I ordered my iPad Air 2 (64GB Space Gray) from Apple right when pre-orders went live and was given a Oct 24-28 delivery date (I live in Seattle). My iPad has been "preparing for shipment" all day (it still is) but the tracking number just showed up in UPS's system for delivery this Friday (being shipped from California via UPS Ground service).

Anyone out there that has a "preparing for shipment" status, remember you can try to check for a tracking number by tracking by reference and entering your phone number you used when ordering your iPad, your country of delivery, and zip code!

HarryMiller

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
ACT, Australia
Harry can you please tell us where your iPad is coming from? China or USA or ? Thanks so much in advance.

Contrary to the posts of others, my consignment notice is displaying 'Sydney' Australia as its origin. A local Apple distribution depot perhaps? Looks like the stated Wednesday delivery date will be honoured. :)

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 1.51.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 1.51.48 PM.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 83

Red-Comet

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
I ordered my iPad Air 2 (64GB Space Gray) from Apple right when pre-orders went live and was given a Oct 24-28 delivery date (I live in Seattle). My iPad has been "preparing for shipment" all day (it still is) but the tracking number just showed up in UPS's system for delivery this Friday (being shipped from California via UPS Ground service).

Anyone out there that has a "preparing for shipment" status, remember you can try to check for a tracking number by tracking by reference and entering your phone number you used when ordering your iPad, your country of delivery, and zip code!

Nice tip! Unfortunately it's only showing the tracking info for my case, so I suppose my iPad hasn't shipped yet. I hope mine isn't being shipped from CA, because then I won't get it until next week. It has a delivery estimate of Oct. 22-24 though, so I assume it will come in that window.

DoofenshmirtzEI

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011

Is there a specific format for the phone number or is it just a 10-digit number with no spaces or anything else?

Brian92610

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
Nice tip! Unfortunately it's only showing the tracking info for my case, so I suppose my iPad hasn't shipped yet. I hope mine isn't being shipped from CA, because then I won't get it until next week. It has a delivery estimate of Oct. 22-24 though, so I assume it will come in that window.

Only my tacking number is live, UPS doesn't have my iPad yet. They do give me a delivery date of end of day Friday and they're usually incredibly accurate with these things. As long as they actually pick up my iPad tomorrow, it should get here Friday. My Smart Cover shipped from the same location and is taking the same amount of time as well.

----------

Is there a specific format for the phone number or is it just a 10-digit number with no spaces or anything else?

Just the 10-digit number without any formatting.

DoofenshmirtzEI

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
My tracking number just showed up on my ups app. Delivers Friday!

Haha! I checked mine, and I also have a tracking number from Apple (Rialto, CA) showing up in MyUPS. I'm guessing that they are shipping out the West Coast iPads from California by ground, which is why LA has 22-24, and Seattle has 24-28 as estimated delivery dates.

veryangrybirds

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
hmmm ...

Haha! I checked mine, and I also have a tracking number from Apple (Rialto, CA) showing up in MyUPS. I'm guessing that they are shipping out the West Coast iPads from California by ground, which is why LA has 22-24, and Seattle has 24-28 as estimated delivery dates.

Mine is still processing items ..
2-4 days expecting oct 22-24
64gb gold wifi-cellular

maybe because I am a city away from Rialto,Ca? I hope I see a status change soon ><

Red-Comet

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014

Interesting because I'm in Pennsylvania, but I've got an estimated delivery date of the 22-24.

DoofenshmirtzEI

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Mine is still processing items ..
2-4 days expecting oct 22-24
64gb gold wifi-cellular

maybe because I am a city away from Rialto,Ca? I hope I see a status change soon ><

I should clarify. My order status still says Preparing for Shipment, and I've not received a ship notification from Apple yet, but in MyUPS (on the UPS website) I now have a future delivery from Apple in Rialto, CA coming UPS ground delivering on Friday the 24th. Given that the only outstanding order I have from Apple is the iPad (didn't order a case or other accessories), I'm pretty sure this has to be the iPad.

----------

Interesting because I'm in Pennsylvania, but I've got an estimated delivery date of the 22-24.

Others have said their tracking shows origination in China. Apple may have chosen to fulfill West Coast orders from stock already the warehouse in California, and everybody else from China. Logistically, the east coast is closer to China than the west coast, because all shipments go through customs in Louisville, Kentucky.

Oddly enough, if they ship tonight, or even tomorrow, I'd expect to get it Thursday, because UPS ground shipments from CA to Seattle usually only take two days.

Brian92610

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
Oddly enough, if they ship tonight, or even tomorrow, I'd expect to get it Thursday, because UPS ground shipments from CA to Seattle usually only take two days.

Sadly, they're shipping from the LA area so it's taking three days. I was really hoping to get mine on Thursday too!

Sissyboy

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Aren't the iPads shipping from China the units that were ordered with engraving?

ThePuff

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
I should clarify. My order status still says Preparing for Shipment, and I've not received a ship notification from Apple yet, but in MyUPS (on the UPS website) I now have a future delivery from Apple in Rialto, CA coming UPS ground delivering on Friday the 24th. Given that the only outstanding order I have from Apple is the iPad (didn't order a case or other accessories), I'm pretty sure this has to be the iPad.

----------

Others have said their tracking shows origination in China. Apple may have chosen to fulfill West Coast orders from stock already the warehouse in California, and everybody else from China. Logistically, the east coast is closer to China than the west coast, because all shipments go through customs in Louisville, Kentucky.

I'm from Kentucky. I wonder if the shorter distance has something to do with why mine is still processing.

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
10/23-10/27.

Upgrading from the original iPad. It shall be exciting.
I still don't have any tracking information and it is killing me.

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
I ordered mine 64GB Gold LTE right after it went online and it still says processing. I live in the LA area so I was hoping to get it Wednesday or Thursday.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012

I'm Seattle here also, and ordered as soon as the store opened for pre-orders. Mine's still "processing" but it's good to hear someone in Seattle is getting Friday delivery - gives me hope. Is yours cellular or wifi-only?

stringent

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2011
London
I ordered a Mini 3 and iPad Air 2. Mini 3 has been dispatched Air 2 is still processing. (UK)

Also the Mini case has been shipped, Air 2 case still processing. :(

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
I ordered as soon as pre-orders were open on the 17th - I ordered the 64GB Silver Cellular model, my order status is still "Processing Items". My expected delivery window is October 24-28, delivering to Seattle, WA. I'm disappointed other people also ordered the Cellular model and are expecting them as soon as the 22nd.

...I feel so entitled :)

I got a 2% EPP discount on my iPad Air ($714 rather than $729), maybe they're using that as an excuse to delay processing by a couple of days. :eek:

I'm glad I ordered my iPhone 6 late because it meant I could get the iPad Air 2 on 0% interest for 2 years because it's within the 30-day account opening window of the Apple Barclaycard which I used to get my iPhone.

Don't worry! I'm in a similar boat to you. I ordered as soon as I could on Friday, but my order for a 64GB Space Grey iPad Air 2 WiFi + Cellular is still processing! :( really hoping it'll prepare for shipping today... :(

screensaver400

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2005
Don't worry! I'm in a similar boat to you. I ordered as soon as I could on Friday, but my order for a 64GB Space Grey iPad Air 2 WiFi + Cellular is still processing! :( really hoping it'll prepare for shipping today... :(

Pretty sure there have been no confirmed reports of cellular models going beyond Processing yet.

Creep89

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Ordered within a minute the store came back online, but still processing. Delivery window 22-24 october (Germany, 64GB Silver Wi-Fi). :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.