Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
No. If you want to reinstall 10.2.1B2, you can restore to 10.2, set up as new, install the profile, then restore your backup from 10.2.1.
Also, anytime you're backing up due to participation in the beta, its best to do an encrypted backup. That way you will preserve any health data on your phone if you have to restore.

Reactions: Stevessvt

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Also, anytime you're backing up due to participation in the beta, its best to do an encrypted backup. That way you will preserve any health data on your phone if you have to restore.
Or an iCloud backup. That also preserves health data.

Stevessvt

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
Ok thanks guys. I'm taking too much of a battery hit to stay on with B2. I believe I have an old older back up from 10.2 i can use.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ok thanks guys. I'm taking too much of a battery hit to stay on with B2. I believe I have an old older back up from 10.2 i can use.

Its been almost 3 weeks now? Why not just stick it out 4 more days. 10.2.1 should be released shortly. If not 10.3 could be out Tuesday for beta testing. Then you don't risk losing data. Food for thought.

On second thought, you could use the option+update method in iTunes to revert to 10.2 without losing data. Sometimes the phone acts up a little, but it eventually settles down.

Stevessvt

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
Its been almost 3 weeks now? Why not just stick it out 4 more days. 10.2.1 should be released shortly. If not 10.3 could be out Tuesday for beta testing. Then you don't risk losing data. Food for thought.

On second thought, you could use the option+update method in iTunes to revert to 10.2 without losing data. Sometimes the phone acts up a little, but it eventually settles down.
True. That makes sense. Is the option+update able to be done in a win 10 machine?

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Is that new? I thought you had to do the encrypted backup to do that? That'll save me a lot of trouble in the future if so!

Nope, ever since the health app launched in iOS 8, iCloud backup has saved health data. I believe it was announced in the original keynote, or the support articles that came out immediately following. It wasn't until iOS 10 that you saw the health toggle in iCloud backup, but it had previously always automatically been backed up. I restored my launch day iPhone 6s from an iPhone 6 iOS 8 iCloud backup and my health data was there.

I still prefer encrypted because iCloud backups take forever, but I keep iCloud backup on as a fall back. iCloud backup is pretty much identical to an iTunes encrypted.
[doublepost=1483633092][/doublepost]
FIX PLEASE APPLE! Bluetooth on AT&T 7+ with Intel modem!!!

Whats the problem?

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Can you use a back up of 10.2.1 on a fresh install of 10.2?
It used to be that editing the info.plist file and changing the version and build # would allow to use a newer backup on older version iOS. NOT SUPPORTED METHOD. but it has worked fine in the past. Not tried with iOS 10 tho. Also a reset all settings is recommended afterwards to get things back normal to the older version you are restoring to.

Typically if you do this a "reset all settings" afterwards will resolve things. Since the settings could be different between versions but in this case most likely no difference.

coolsean20

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2014
Nope, ever since the health app launched in iOS 8, iCloud backup has saved health data. I believe it was announced in the original keynote, or the support articles that came out immediately following. It wasn't until iOS 10 that you saw the health toggle in iCloud backup, but it had previously always automatically been backed up. I restored my launch day iPhone 6s from an iPhone 6 iOS 8 iCloud backup and my health data was there.

I still prefer encrypted because iCloud backups take forever, but I keep iCloud backup on as a fall back. iCloud backup is pretty much identical to an iTunes encrypted.

Whats the problem?
Is that the problem? My AirPods have been cutting out audio. I have the 7+ with Intel modem.

themick4u

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
South Florida

Whats the problem?
As soon as the connection to my car stereo, or any other Bluetooth device happens, my music gets garbled up and I've since noticed that if I am running navigation or any other apps in the background, as there is activity (like an email coming through) The music gets distorted badly.... Its horrible.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Anyone else noticing that Bluetooth keeps cutting in and out or turning on and off. I think this happened awhile back too. I'll look at my watch and see the disconnected icon or be looking at the phone and notice the Bluetooth icon disappear, come back as grey and flicker and then turn on as normal. Seems to only happen with the watch, nothing else. Maybe it's a watchOS 3.1.3 beta issue.

bosas200

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2015
Anyone else noticing that Bluetooth keeps cutting in and out or turning on and off. I think this happened awhile back too. I'll look at my watch and see the disconnected icon or be looking at the phone and notice the Bluetooth icon disappear, come back as grey and flicker and then turn on as normal. Seems to only happen with the watch, nothing else. Maybe it's a watchOS 3.1.3 beta issue.
Same happens for me when using android Wear Watch and Powerbeats 3 at the same time.

palerik

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2017

I have the same problem with Bluetooth keeps cutting. Received my new AirPods yesterday and they dropps their connection with my iPhone.

Stevessvt

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
So I bit the bullet and reinstalled 10.2 and loaded the apps manually. Battery so far is much better. Was getting 23-29 minutes for the first 1%. This morning, even after streaming 20 minutes of music which I never do, I got 40 minutes. So yeah, much better.

Reactions: atlchamp

Ladin007

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2016
So I bit the bullet and reinstalled 10.2 and loaded the apps manually. Battery so far is much better. Was getting 23-29 minutes for the first 1%. This morning, even after streaming 20 minutes of music which I never do, I got 40 minutes. So yeah, much better.
Which type of iphone do you have? What about stutter after your reinstaling?

maugustine

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2014
Portland, OR
I've noticed this on other versions of iOS as well.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I'm still on 10.1.1, seems like this beta is a mess overall? Battery issues, bluetooth issues, itunes issues...wth is apple doing? Along with all those Tmobile users have issues with 10.2 and LTE, this seems like the worst update apple's given out for a while.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm still on 10.1.1, seems like this beta is a mess overall? Battery issues, bluetooth issues, itunes issues...wth is apple doing? Along with all those Tmobile users have issues with 10.2 and LTE, this seems like the worst update apple's given out for a while.
Doesn't seem like the vast majority is having any of those issues.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Nope 10.2.1 is quite stable here. No battery issues, no BT issues, nothing with iTunes (only backup with itunes tho). I use Verizon and no issues and have not seen any reports from ATT users so apparently t-mobile issues is with T-mobile (maybe a carrier file) not iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.