Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
It's weird that everyone has different experiences. My battery has been significantly better since installing beta 3 on my 7 plus.

Well I didn't mind the battery issue so much as I did that it broke all third party keyboards in the app store and safari. That was fixed thankfully.

Battery life on my 6s is terrible but it's been terrible.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Well I didn't mind the battery issue so much as I did that it broke all third party keyboards in the app store and safari. That was fixed thankfully.

Battery life on my 6s is terrible but it's been terrible.
I don't know what terrible is with respect to your usage, but with my usage, seems like battery life is about the same as it always was. I don't measure it exactly on a day to day basis, but I don't notice any drastic differences since ios 9 and ios 10.

nandor690

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
It's weird that everyone has different experiences. My battery has been significantly better since installing beta 3 on my 7 plus.
I have to agree. Im not sure I believe the lot of people that claim that. And what the hell happened to iOS 10.3 dropping lol

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I don't know what terrible is with respect to your usage, but with my usage, seems like battery life is about the same as it always was. I don't measure it exactly on a day to day basis, but I don't notice any drastic differences since ios 9 and ios 10.

It's got the Samsung chip and even with battery save, location off, and every other battery saving technique, it loses about 3-5 percent in about a minute. It's not part of the recall as it's not from the the approved batches. It's been that way since before I even updated it. I've tried a full cycle, leaving it on the charger longer, etc. No avail. It was bought in August, so it's not that old. Apple said battery is in great health but I might give it another go.

I gave up after buying a battery case from Apple and it still died within 8-10 hours usage time. Without the battery case, maybe 3-4 hours. My 7+ lasts at least 12 hours usage. It's quite a huge difference.

Sorry off topic.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
It's got the Samsung chip and even with battery save, location off, and every other battery saving technique, it loses about 3-5 percent in about a minute. It's not part of the recall as it's not from the the approved batches. It's been that way since before I even updated it. I've tried a full cycle, leaving it on the charger longer, etc. No avail. It was bought in August, so it's not that old. Apple said battery is in great health but I might give it another go.

I gave up after buying a battery case from Apple and it still died within 8-10 hours usage time. Without the battery case, maybe 3-4 hours. My 7+ lasts at least 12 hours usage. It's quite a huge difference.

Sorry off topic.
Wow 3-4% a minute? I don't think my 6s even loses that much during my sleeping hours and I have BAR on, with a lot of push email activity.

drgreenberg

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
Sigh. Still no fix for the (admittedly cosmetic) bad animation glitch on the 7 Plus when invoking the app switcher via home button from almost any app but springboard. It's on file with Apple as submitted multiple times (my radar was closed as a duplicate).

Reactions: atomic.flip

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Wow 3-4% a minute? I don't think my 6s even loses that much during my sleeping hours and I have BAR on, with a lot of push email activity.

Yeah. It's crazy. It was doing that before I went onto any beta. If it's still like this when the GM is confirmed for 10.2.1, I'll be taking it to Apple again.

madara889

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2015
c64a240ccb8bd30dff19c4a2d1792930.jpg

So far

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I'm noticing more standby drain compared to beta 3. Last night I lost 8% power overnight with my 7Plus, iOS 10.0.1-10.2.1B3 I lost 0% overnight.

Reactions: tech_apple

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I'm noticing more standby drain compared to beta 3. Last night I lost 8% power overnight with my 7Plus, iOS 10.0.1-10.2.1B3 I lost 0% overnight.
I'll withhold judgement on that until tomorrow. I am down 20% with 1:55 in use; 3:55 in standby.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
My usage drainage is about the same, its just standby. 1-2% fine, by 8% from 0% is a pretty big drop IMO.
Yeah I was gonna say 0% overnight cant be correct so maybe b3 had battery meter issues. It HAS to use some. But I agree that give it some more time. Could have been doing some cleanup from the update and it was a late update. Cant say I have seen any difference yet but I also plug in at night when go to bed so as to start the day 100%.

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
Severe battery drain on the iPad Air. 76% Lock Screen, 19% Messages, 5% Tweetbot in 24 hours! Never had any issues prior to the last beta (which was also bad).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.