Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djilkosh

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2016
Serbia
Failing to wake phone via home or wake button? This seems to happen usually after a call or during a call. Basically the home and wake buttons fail to wake the phone for about 5 seconds. Issue then resolves itself magically.
Mlrollin said it is fixed so i'm awaiting to update because of that bug.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else having alarms not working? Everyday this week my first alarm just doesn't go off. iPad and iPhone - I have an alarm on both because the iPhone was so inconsistent. But only the 3:30am alarm doesn't seem to trigger - again, on two devices. The morning alarm always works.

Sammydad1

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2017
IP6 battery drain Terrible.... goes from 100% to 5% or off sitting idle overnight (unplugged)......

Was fine during some of the 10.1.X betas and earlier....

Have to keep it on charger constantly if I want to have battery to use....

In about 90 minutes of normal use this morning, has gone from 100% to 16% right now.... have it all set to be battery friendly...

Wife's 6 on 10.1.1 battery life is awesome !!!

Reactions: Shirasaki

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Just curious, why charge the phone before bed and let it sit overnight when you're not using it? Why not have it on the charger while you sleep and not worry about overnight idle drain?

Reactions: sbailey4

Sammydad1

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2017
Testing the battery discharge on idle, as it is symptomatic of the issue many have reported...,

At least the re-charge rate is better in beta 4....earlier betas, the re-charge rate was terrible !!!

Sammydad1

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2017
Do not do what ? Test the discharge rate on these 10.2.X betas ? Rapid battery drain is a huge issue for seemingly lots of folks...

Why shouldn't I test drain at idle ? A properly working ios should barely drain the battery at idle....not like these betas

Reactions: Freakonomics101

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Do not do what ? Test the discharge rate on these 10.2.X betas ? Rapid battery drain is a huge issue for seemingly lots of folks...

Why shouldn't I test drain at idle ? A properly working ios should barely drain the battery at idle....not like these betas

No, he quoted a person that said do not charge your phone overnight. Don't worry about it, thats spreading false information. Charging your phone overnight isn't a problem at all. Don't do it does not apply to you.

Agit21

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2016
Why not? There is nothing wrong with doing that. iPhones stop charging at 100% and discharge to 98% and then recharge. Nothing wrong with it.

Well actually it's not good for the battery to fully charge them. Batteries don't like very low or very high charges.
Try to keep the battery level between 30%-70%.

wbrat

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Well actually it's not good for the battery to fully charge them. Batteries don't like very low or very high charges.

I don't believe it. In that case Apple would not let you to change the battery to 100%. Or maybe it doesn't? And what we see as a 100% is not actually a full charge?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

Actually. It's optimal to keep batteries between 20-80%. But there is nothing wrong with charging to 100%. Its bad to keep them at 100% 24/7 as that adds stress. But 6-8 hours a day is fine. The battery stops charging and then begins to discharge. Then will automatically start to trickle charge again. I've been doing this for over a decade and have never had a battery degrade prematurely unless it was due to a defect. My launch day 7Plus has 150 cycles and is still at 102% capacity. I have a launch day iPhone 4 with 900 cycles (almost double what it's rated for) at 96% capacity.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Being in the optimal range is quite a bit different from saying that outside of it is something that's bad.

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
That's just not a viable strategy for a cell phone. If I'm starting the day with 30-70% charge in my phone, it'll be dead well before the end of the day.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
That's just not a viable strategy for a cell phone. If I'm starting the day with 30-70% charge in my phone, it'll be dead well before the end of the day.
Exactly. And having a battery shut off due to being drained is much worse for it than having it sit on the charger overnight.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
I'm not piling on here, but I don't agree with this at all. Apple's recommendations offer nothing to back your assertion up - http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/ - so I'll ask that you back up your assertion with a citation, if you're willing? I think you can't back it up, and my small company has maybe 150 laptops and iOS devices I can tap for statistics. Lithium-ion batteries have a finite life - read Apple's own offering, under "It makes charging easier" (http://www.apple.com/batteries/why-lithium-ion), and I'd offer that it contradicts your statement, or, IOW: FUD.

I leave my iOS and rMBPs on a charger pretty much all of the time, and carry a spare charging source with me. My current set up is a late-2013 rMBP that I use as a portable workstation and my tethered-to iPad Air 2 - the cycle count on my rMBP is 1 (yep, 1 discharge cycle) and on my Air 2 it's 35, with the design capacities at 103.9% and 100% (respectively). I showed my links, earnestly awaiting yours…
Cheers!

Reactions: cswifx

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
IP6 battery drain Terrible.... goes from 100% to 5% or off sitting idle overnight (unplugged)......

Was fine during some of the 10.1.X betas and earlier....

Have to keep it on charger constantly if I want to have battery to use....

In about 90 minutes of normal use this morning, has gone from 100% to 16% right now.... have it all set to be battery friendly...

Wife's 6 on 10.1.1 battery life is awesome !!!
Not having any battery issues on my 7+.

OGPrince

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2016
Florida, USA
At first I was getting horrible battery life but after about 2 days I got this o_O

Attachments

• IMG_0819.PNG
    IMG_0819.PNG
    229.5 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: Septembersrain

Trezona

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2015
South Africa
I have an iPhone 6 Plus with a wireless charger case. I basically keep my phone at 100% 24/7.
Every 2 or 3 weeks ill let my phone drop to say 20% to cycle it a bit.
I've been doing this for 2 years and have had no problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.